Any CoreDuos or Core2Duos not running cpus=1?

rage2122

44 posts in this topic

me neither, i can't join irc.

Semthex i am running your kernel. Can you please bless us with a fix?

It's killing me to have a Core 2 Duo system and not be able to run both cores simultaneously without the system stuttering or stalling for like 15 seconds.

Thanks in advance :construction:

thats what i did too. i set fsb=266. i still get some stuttering.

I have:

ASUS P5B Deluxe

e6300 Core 2 Duo 1.86ghz

Fsb = 266 mhz

1 gig dual channel ram (2x512mb)

Sata WD Raptor 150 gb running in AHCI mode

Please, I really just wanna run with 2 cores and have no more stuttering. its driving me crazy. thanks in advance.

Interesting. Mine says 2.13ghz (its 1.73 really) Core Duo in About this Mac. In System profiler it says "Number of CPUs" = 1 with cpus=1 and fsb=133, in a newer version SPPlatform.spreporter its changed with "Number of cores", so its still 1.

I have tried with all the kernels I can get my hands on, and can not have both cpus enabled :compress:

A couple will let me run longer but still end in freezing, the first semthex or mifki causes reboots.

All, except the newest semthex disable internet when both cpus are enabled

The best for me so far is "DaemonES", it seems to keep my clock running a little better, but still cpus=1 :whistle:

@Chrysaor, with "DaemonES" kernel, if I set fsb=266, my ATM says 2.93 and my clock will slow, if I do 166, it will set at 1.83 and my clock is right :sorcerer:

My Core 2 Duo E6300 works absolutely fine. No problems whatsoever. Using 10.4.8 on Mifki's kernel.

My kernel flags: -v fsb=400 :)

You could try platform=X86PC as a kernel flag too - that may fix it :)

My Core 2 Duo E6300 works absolutely fine. No problems whatsoever. Using 10.4.8 on Mifki's kernel.

My kernel flags: -v fsb=400 :wallbash:

You could try platform=X86PC as a kernel flag too - that may fix it ;)

Same here, E6600 working fine too.

My kernel flags: -v fsb=360

My kernel flags: -v fsb=400 :)

You could try platform=X86PC as a kernel flag too - that may fix it :)

so you're saying i should run mifki's kernel? and btw, my fsb=266, but what was the '-v' flag for again? thanks guys.

SABR & AndyMS, do either of you think my problem could be, mine is 667MHz , because I see allot of core2s with no problems :)

What do you mean yours is 667Mhz? You mean your RAM speed?

so you're saying i should run mifki's kernel? and btw, my fsb=266, but what was the '-v' flag for again? thanks guys.

You could give it a shot. I haven't tested Semthex's kernel, so I can't say that Mifki is the only one that works for Core 2 CPU's, but it's worth giving Mifki's a shot.

And the -v flag is so you can see what goes on "behind" the grey Apple loading screen. It is technically called Verbose mode, and it allows you to see any errors that may be produced, which you would not normally see without the flag. It causes a load of text to be splurged out onto the screen as the OS loads.

:)

Fellow Disgrunted Dual-Core Users,

Same problem here, my setup is unusable with out cpus=1, have tried various fsb switches, idlehalt=0, fn=3, have disabled / enabled speedstep in bios, have changed my proc and memory speed to match, and have banged my head against the wall for hours (owie). I've settled for overclocking my proc to 3.02 to compensate for being down a core. I thought only the AMD guys had this issue?? Well, it will be sweet when I figure this out..... After all, who would have thought we'd have QE/CI on Nvidia cards?? we've got alot of brainpower here, just a matter of time.

Fellow Disgrunted Dual-Core Users,

Same problem here, my setup is unusable with out cpus=1, have tried various fsb switches, idlehalt=0, fn=3, have disabled / enabled speedstep in bios, have changed my proc and memory speed to match, and have banged my head against the wall for hours (owie). I've settled for overclocking my proc to 3.02 to compensate for being down a core. I thought only the AMD guys had this issue?? Well, it will be sweet when I figure this out..... After all, who would have thought we'd have QE/CI on Nvidia cards?? we've got alot of brainpower here, just a matter of time.

Have you tried platform=X86PC?

By itself, or in a big kernal switch cocktail? I tried that last release, 10.4.7 but, I think alone....I remember trying the platform=ACPI switch as well at one point or another.I'll give it another shot. THX

P.S. Has anyone assembled a list of desirable BIOS settings?

The processor speed :)

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5600

(2MB/1.83GHz/667Mhz)

Oh, ok... Errm, I don't think that would have anything to do with it, but I'm not 100% sure. The problem with OSx86, is hardware. Everyone's is different, and that's why everyone has different problems...