[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.4

ricola

201 posts in this topic

@Slice right and this new Kernel Version seems to break XCPM Patches for unknown CPU´s at least in case of IvyBridge. Applying the well known patches leads to a boot loop...

Seemed that I didn't get any changes of the patches. I also patch the kernel for my IVB model to enable XCPM. Could you please tell some details, for example, your "not worked" patch?

@Slice, @PMheart sorry my fault forget about it...

I use Ozmosis and since it lacks support of on the fly patching I´ll have to bin patch the kernel on my own and messed things up I guess. XCPM is up and working as before :thumbsup_anim:  

sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.mode
sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count

Sorry for the inconvenience I may have caused.

• Like 1

I use Ozmosis and since it lacks support of on the fly patching I´ll have to bin patch the kernel on my own and messed things up I guess. XCPM is up and working as before :thumbsup_anim:  

That's ok.  :P

Congratulations.

Could you explain how did you patched the kernel on Ozmosis?

Thanks.

I put the command and Terminal says: 

but

Question, is there a way to get a full installer of the latest beta?

I just got a Kaby lake laptop. I thought I'd throw it at it and see if it sticks. If not I can still spoof the CPU.

No... Apple never seeds a complete installer of beta version except for the new system build which is released on WWDC.

Updated to Sierra 12.4 beta 2 (16E154a) and Clover r4003.

Everything works fine and stable as always, except for NvidiaWebDrive. With the plist edited from 16D to 16E, it recognizes the graphic card and has some resolutions, but without full acceleration...

PMheart, as you suggested I installed your MP61_freqV_w_iMac171.kext on SLE and erased it on Clover. And now it seems to me that it's your kext that's running the FreqVectors. I installed it before the OS update and yes, it survived ;)

Thanks friend :)

post-1313347-0-93364100-1487025253_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-90877500-1487025273_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-09989400-1487025291_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-70446800-1487025304_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-83843700-1487025317_thumb.png

• Like 4

Will using the frequency vectors script be beneficial for my skylake system using Imac 17,1 ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No. Pike's freqVectorsEdit.sh is just for adding/replacing FrequencyVectors. IMHO iMac17,1's FrequencyVectors is the best one for your Skylake Desktop build. You may need to enable HWP for further optimizations but TBH it's a little complicated... Sorry I can't talk about this clearly since I'm currently on my mobile phone.

Sorry, no.

My result is because of additional kext attachicon.gifX17PlatformPlugin.kext.zip

AFAIK works only in SLE.

Actually iMac17,1 has contained FrequencyVectors already and thus you don't need to inject it via a dummy kext.

But as iMac17,1 does not support some features like hwp, epp for Skylake, I find that you are using another set of FrequencyVectors from other SMBios. Maybe a MacBookPro13,1, sorry for more details, I can't tell. (I inferred it's MBP131 just because I found your LFM is 0xD/13 and your EPP is 0x92/146, that's what MBP131 used.)

post-1579222-0-80510600-1487129111_thumb.png

Anyway. For desktops I think the 'perf-bias' should be 0x01/1 instead of 0x05/5, 0x05 is laptops used (for a better battery life time). And I think EPP should be 0x80/128 (by default). That can be better.

Also. Yep. These kinds of dummy kext/injector should only work in SLE/LE.

I adjusted your FrequencyVectors, have a try?  :) You can check what I did via Hex Editor.

[EDIT]

Confusing contents removed.

Actually iMac17,1 has contained FrequencyVectors already and thus you don't need to inject it via a dummy kext.

But as iMac17,1 does not support some features like hwp, epp for Skylake, I find that you are using another set of FrequencyVectors from other SMBios. Maybe a MacBookPro13,1, sorry for more details, I can't tell. (I inferred it's MBP131 just because I found your LFM is 0xD/13 and your EPP is 0x92/146, that's what MBP131 used.)

attachicon.gifSnip20170215_1.png

Anyway. For desktops I think the 'perf-bias' should be 0x01/1 instead of 0x05/5, 0x05 is laptops used (for a better battery life time). And I think EPP should be 0x80/128 (by default). That can be better.

Also. Yep. These kinds of dummy kext/injector should only work in SLE/LE.

I adjusted your FrequencyVectors, have a try?  :) You can check what I did via Hex Editor.

attachicon.gifnew_X17PlatformPlugin.kext.zip

Thanks, but with your kext CPU is always at high speed.

Снимок экрана 2017-02-15 в 7.10.04.png

Thanks, but with your kext CPU is always at high speed.

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-02-15 в 7.10.04.png

Oops weird. Try to increase the EPP value to 0xC0/192 and set 'perf-bias' to 5? Like this.

X17PlatformPlugin.kext.zip

[uPDATE]

I don't think that you should use the FrequencyVectors from a laptop SMBios. You can try this patched plist which is modified based on the vanilla Mac-DB15BD556843C820.plist (iMac17,1), with HWP enabled, EPP value 0x80/128. Please also try this?

HWP_Mac-DB15BD556843C820.plist.zip

• Like 1

Oops weird. Try to increase the EPP value to 0xC0/192 and set 'perf-bias' to 5? Like this.

attachicon.gifX17PlatformPlugin.kext.zip

[uPDATE]

I don't think that you should use the FrequencyVectors from a laptop SMBios. You can try this patched plist which is modified based on the vanilla Mac-DB15BD556843C820.plist (iMac17,1), with HWP enabled, EPP value 0x80/128. Please also try this?

attachicon.gifHWP_Mac-DB15BD556843C820.plist.zip

OK, I will try but little later.

• Like 1