[pre-release] macOS Sierra 10.12.4

ricola

201 posts in this topic

You are first reporter now!!!! Thank you so much.

KernelToPatch Enable or disable not working right? Or work like r3974? I dont have good english.

Okay reversed enable/disable in KernelPatch. I will check

If have problem about enable/disable in KernelToPatch, i will give you file to fix this issue.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I'm using Clover r3994 and Sierra 12.4

Since I made the update for Clover r3994 and for Sierra 12.4, I was without sound and without XCPM.

I did some tests and discovered the following:

With xcpm patchs enabled in Plist - Cpu blocks at maximum frequency. (No XCPM)

With xcpm patchs disabled in Plist - Everything went back to normal, XCPM working, Speedsteps working, Freq.Vectors loaded, everything loaded.

With your Fix, the sound worked fine again, but the xcpm remains the same. I only have speedsteps if I disable all the xcpm patchs in Clover.

Now I'm going to test your r3995 fix and then report as it ran :yes: 

Tanks

• Like 1

Updating to 10.12.4 Public Beta 1 I have a deep trouble.

My screen is flickering. 

If I attach two monitors, one to Intel embedded and second to Radeon then Radeon flickering.

New system has two new kexts AMDLegacy*** and they are attached to my Radeon.

If I move them to trash them no signal.

This is deadened for my AMD Radeon HD6670. It is no more supported since 10.12.4.

As I temporary solution I work in 10.12.2 now.

Nothing new.

I currently have to to content myself with Intel HD Graphics 4600, removing AMD, injecting the id and with intel true in Clover .plist.

Hi Sherlock,

I just tested the r3994 Fix and the r3995 Fix and the behavior was the same in both.

With both, the sound (AppleHDA) worked perfect again, but about XCPM, it only works if I disable all the patches in plist.

If I activate them, XCPM stops working. Sounds like the enable/disable are reversed in Clover r3994.

If you want, check out my latest EFI and confirm on my last plist.
BTW, according to my hardware, if you think I should change anything at EFI, please let me know! :) 

Once again, thank you.

EFI.rar

• Like 1

Hi @Fergarth.

I just noticed that you set all patches' MatchOS to 10.12, but I was not sure what they mean.

Because if you want to patch something for 10.12.0 and then the MatchOS should be '10.12.0' instead of '10.12'.

But you said that AppleHDA is working and patches for kernel not, this meant that '10.12' just made no difference. (If '10.12' means '10.12.0' then your patches for AppleHDA will not be allowed.)

So I'd like to know that the patches are allowed actually? I checked your /EFI/CLOVER/misc/preboot.log but there must be something missing. May share a new one via "Clover Configurator ==> TOOLS ==> Boot.log ==> Save boot.log to desktop"?

BTW. It seems that your XCPM patches are wrong and therefore this can be a reason for why you said that XCPM not working. You just patched _cpuid_set_info() but actually this made no difference on Haswell-E. It was just required by Broadwell-E cuz we missed some data for it in kernel. So. You have to patch _xcpm_bootstrap() for Haswell-E. But I saw you had disabled it. (# XCPM Bootstrap Sierra © Pike R. Alpha) Also. Some patches for early reboot, performance, were also disabled now. I didn't know which patch for early reboot is necessary to you and thus I enabled all of them. Anyway. Less is more.

I patched your config.plist and you might check whether XCPM would be working. FYI.

No... You mean that KernelToPatch is reversed/broken... Right? Sorry for my brain got messed. In this case, give me some time to check what's wrong...

Edited by PMheart
  • Like 1

Hi Sherlock,

I just tested the r3994 Fix and the r3995 Fix and the behavior was the same in both.

With both, the sound (AppleHDA) worked perfect again, but about XCPM, it only works if I disable all the patches in plist.

If I activate them, XCPM stops working. Sounds like the enable/disable are reversed in Clover r3994.

If you want, check out my latest EFI and confirm on my last plist.

BTW, according to my hardware, if you think I should change anything at EFI, please let me know! :)

Once again, thank you.

i want to test 2 times.

first

for r3974.zip

download. and install r3974 official pkg, and replace config.plist from "for r3974.zip". before reboot, you can see what i did(i did enable your all kernel patch). then reboot.

r3974 link

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/

two

r3995 newfix.zip

download. install r3994 official pkg, and replace efi files. before reboot, you use your pure config.plist(you used it before) with enable kernel patch.

report please. also i want to know when you install 10.12.3 official with r3974,  is enable kernel patch no problem?

thank you for report and effort.

• Like 2

Hi @Fergarth.

I just noticed that you set all patches' MatchOS to 10.12, but I was not sure what they mean.

Because if you want to patch something for 10.12.0 and then the MatchOS should be '10.12.0' instead of '10.12'.

But you said that AppleHDA is working and patches for kernel not, this meant that '10.12' just made no difference. (If '10.12' means '10.12.0' then your patches for AppleHDA will not be allowed.)

So I'd like to know that the patches are allowed actually? I checked your /EFI/CLOVER/misc/preboot.log but there must be something missing. May share a new one via "Clover Configurator ==> TOOLS ==> Boot.log ==> Save boot.log to desktop"?

BTW. It seems that your XCPM patches are wrong and therefore this can be a reason for why you said that XCPM not working. You just patched _cpuid_set_info() but actually this made no difference on Haswell-E. It was just required by Broadwell-E cuz we missed some data for it in kernel. So. You have to patch _xcpm_bootstrap() for Haswell-E. But I saw you had disabled it. (# XCPM Bootstrap Sierra © Pike R. Alpha) Also. Some patches for early reboot, performance, were also disabled now. I didn't know which patch for early reboot is necessary to you and thus I enabled all of them. Anyway. Less is more.

I patched your config.plist and you might check whether XCPM would be working. FYI.

No... You mean that KernelToPatch is reversed/broken... Right? Sorry for my brain got messed. In this case, give me some time to check what's wrong...

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Yes, I can even change the MatchOS, but from what I've seen, it's just a question of cosmetics. As it is or with nothing, it always worked well lol. I only started to have stress since I installed Sierra 12.4 and last Clover r3994 that appears to have a bug, for the reason I mentioned.

I tried it with Clover r3974, but it did not finish the boot in 12.4 and that's why I installed r3994.

As for the Patchs, they were always the ones I used in 10.12.1, 12.2, 12.3 (betas included) and I never had problems, reboots, freezes... etc

But if you think I should change anything on my EFI, feel free to tell me. I appreciate it :) 

Yes, I can even change the MatchOS, but from what I've seen, it's just a question of cosmetics. As it is or with nothing, it always worked well lol. I only started to have stress since I installed Sierra 12.4 and last Clover r3994 that appears to have a bug, for the reason I mentioned.

I tried it with Clover r3374, but it did not finish the boot in 12.4 and that's why I installed r3994.

As for the Patchs, they were always the ones I used in 10.12.1, 12.2, 12.3 (betas included) and I never had problems, reboots, freezes... etc

But if you think I should change anything on my EFI, feel free to tell me. I appreciate it :)

This means if Clover got an illegal MatchOS then it may set MatchOS to "" (Null string.) and thus the patch will be allowed.

IMHO. Before Clover gets stable, just revert back to 3974 and add a KernelToPatch that I mentioned in PM. And 10.12.4 should work fine with Clover r3974 w/ KernelToPatch for InjectKext.

• Like 1

i want to test 2 times.

first

attachicon.giffor r3974.zip

download. and install r3974 official pkg, and replace config.plist from "for r3974.zip". before reboot, you can see what i did(i did enable your all kernel patch). then reboot.

r3974 link

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/

two

attachicon.gifr3995 newfix.zip

download. install r3994 official pkg, and replace efi files. before reboot, you use your pure config.plist(you used it before) with enable kernel patch.

report please. also i want to know when you install 10.12.3 official with r3974,  is enable kernel patch no problem?

thank you for report and effort.

Thank you for your attention Sherlocks,

I'm not really sure, but if I'm not mistaken, r3974 already had it with 12.3 betas until 12.3 Final. One thing I'm sure, EFI / Plist Patchs has always been the same, but as soon as new versions of Clover or OS come out I do the updates and in fact, it has always gone well. It just went bad now with the last Clover r3994, for the reasons I said.

I have not had a chance yet, but as soon as I can, I'll try out these new FIX attached and then report it. :) 

• Like 1

Thank you for your attention Sherlocks,

I'm not really sure, but if I'm not mistaken, r3974 already had it with 12.3 betas until 12.3 Final. One thing I'm sure, EFI / Plist Patchs has always been the same, but as soon as new versions of Clover or OS come out I do the updates and in fact, it has always gone well. It just went bad now with the last Clover r3994, for the reasons I said.

I have not had a chance yet, but as soon as I can, I'll try out these new FIX attached and then report it. :)

confirmed your report content before by myself in my laptop.

right. disable and enable become reverse. i reported it to clover team. 

until clover update, we have to wait.

thank you. have a good day

• Like 1

Hi PMheart, Hi Sherlocks, (by alphabetical order) :P 

Ok, I already installed Clover r3998 on OS 12.4 and the Enable/Disable bug has been fixed. Everything went back to normal except the sound. With the same plist that always worked well, the sound stopped working. If i use the (r3994 Fix) suggested by Sherlocks, the sound works, but XCPM stops working, (unless I disable the patches as in r3994).
At this point everything works fine except the ALC1150 sound.
For sound, I use the patchs that are in the zip attachment and have been added by audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip, which always worked fine.
About the patchs for XCPM, given your knowledge, I would like to have your opinion!
If you can see my attachment and tell me which of the two plist suits my system better. One has 4 patches and the other has 7 patches, but in both XCPM works fine.
Thank you for your attention, for your knowledge, for everything... :) 

Zip.rar

Hi PMheart, Hi Sherlocks, (by alphabetical order) :P

Ok, I already installed Clover r3998 on OS 12.4 and the Enable/Disable bug has been fixed. Everything went back to normal except the sound. With the same plist that always worked well, the sound stopped working. If i use the (r3994 Fix) suggested by Sherlocks, the sound works, but XCPM stops working, (unless I disable the patches as in r3994).

At this point everything works fine except the ALC1150 sound.

For sound, I use the patchs that are in the zip attachment and have been added by audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip, which always worked fine.

About the patchs for XCPM, given your knowledge, I would like to have your opinion!

If you can see my attachment and tell me which of the two plist suits my system better. One has 4 patches and the other has 7 patches, but in both XCPM works fine.

Thank you for your attention, for your knowledge, for everything... :)

Okay. I think you should acquaint how the patches work. I shall tell you how they work based on the comment of each patch.

Since all the patches are included in config2.plist and I won't tell anything about config1.plist, is that okay?  ;)

1. "XCPM Bootstrap Sierra © Pike R. Alpha". This is necessary. It will patch CPUID definition under _xcpm_bootstrap() and thus XCPM will be enabled on your Haswell-E.

2. "XCPM SMT Scope MSRS © Pike R. Alpha" This will prevent SMT Scope MSRs from calling. You may need this to fix early reboot issue. But typically. We don't need it. Note: You should do some experiments to know whether you need it.

3. "XCPM Idle Replace All Fix © Pike R. Alpha" This will make a difference if your 0xe2 register get locked. If your 0xe2 is okay. Just get rid of it. Else you will get an early reboot. Also. Do some experiments.

4. "XCPM PKG Scope MSRS © Pike R. Alpha" This will prevent PKG Scope MSRs from calling. Typically this is necessary. But if you can even remove this and then... Just remove it!  :P

5. "XCPM Performance Fix 1 (Fix CPU Max) © Okrasit" If you have any performance issues, just enable this one. IMHO. You ought to take a mess on here after all XCPM is okay. (So. Don't take a look at here until XCPM works.)

6. "XCPM Core Scope MSRS © Pike R. Alpha" is similar to "2. XCPM SMT Scope MSRS © Pike R. Alpha". Do some experiments to decide whether you need it.

7. "XCPM SMT Scope MSRS © Pike R. Alpha". Just the same as 2 & 6.  ^_^

IMHO. I don't own your case and thus I don't know details. But nevertheless. I think 1 & 3 & 4 & 5 are enough. Enable other ones if you encounter further issues...

• Like 3

Hi PMheart, hi Sherlocks, hi RehabMan, hi others coders,

no way to be able to use yet adequately amd hd 5000 series and to avoid the flickering colors on the screen?

Help or expert advice would be very welcome.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Okay. I think you should acquaint how the patches work. I shall tell you how they work based on the comment of each patch.

Since all the patches are included in config2.plist and I won't tell anything about config1.plist, is that okay?  ;)

1. "XCPM Bootstrap Sierra © Pike R. Alpha". This is necessary. It will patch CPUID definition under _xcpm_bootstrap() and thus XCPM will be enabled on your Haswell-E.

2. "XCPM SMT Scope MSRS © Pike R. Alpha" This will prevent SMT Scope MSRs from calling. You may need this to fix early reboot issue. But typically. We don't need it. Note: You should do some experiments to know whether you need it.

3. "XCPM Idle Replace All Fix © Pike R. Alpha" This will make a difference if your 0xe2 register get locked. If your 0xe2 is okay. Just get rid of it. Else you will get an early reboot. Also. Do some experiments.

4. "XCPM PKG Scope MSRS © Pike R. Alpha" This will prevent PKG Scope MSRs from calling. Typically this is necessary. But if you can even remove this and then... Just remove it!  :P

5. "XCPM Performance Fix 1 (Fix CPU Max) © Okrasit" If you have any performance issues, just enable this one. IMHO. You ought to take a mess on here after all XCPM is okay. (So. Don't take a look at here until XCPM works.)

6. "XCPM Core Scope MSRS © Pike R. Alpha" is similar to "2. XCPM SMT Scope MSRS © Pike R. Alpha". Do some experiments to decide whether you need it.

7. "XCPM SMT Scope MSRS © Pike R. Alpha". Just the same as 2 & 6.  ^_^

IMHO. I don't own your case and thus I don't know details. But nevertheless. I think 1 & 3 & 4 & 5 are enough. Enable other ones if you encounter further issues...

Hi friend,

When I asked, I was just curious to hear your opinion. But everything is fine, whether with 7 patches or 4, the system works perfect and stable as I want. Actually, I've mostly used only 4 and it's always been okay.

Thank you very much for your clarification :) 

Ok, the cache rebuilding errors went away after I replaced my patched IOGraphicsFamily of 10.12.3 origin by 10.12.4.b1's patched version. I'm using Enoch so no on-the-fly patching like with Clover and I place up-versioned patched kexts in /L/E.

And the brightness issue was due to a simple error in DSDT's PNLF device (UID set to 0x0E instead of 0x0A)...  :blush:

All Ok now.

You have brightness adjustment using Intelbacklight.kext?

Hi friend,

When I asked, I was just curious to hear your opinion. But everything is fine, whether with 7 patches or 4, the system works perfect and stable as I want. Actually, I've mostly used only 4 and it's always been okay.

Thank you very much for your clarification :)

Oops. First of all sorry for delaying replying...

I think you can use even less than 4 patches, let's talk about the details:

"XCPM Bootstrap Sierra © Pike R. Alpha" is necessary and you have to keep it.

The rest 3 patches, which may be deleted, you may need to do some experiments to delete some of them, IMHO, "XCPM PKG Scope MSRS © Pike R. Alpha" could be not useful and thus you may disable/delete it. And the 2 other patches... Just do some experiments...

Hi PMheart, hi Sherlocks, hi RehabMan, hi others coders,

no way to be able to use yet adequately amd hd 5000 series and to avoid the flickering colors on the screen?

Help or expert advice would be very welcome.
Thanks.

Sorry. I don't have any AMD device and thus I must have no idea...

• Like 2

I've noticed that Night Shift doesn't seem to like my display profile.  I created my own calibrated display using the advanced options (used to be the normal options for color profiles) and, when I reboot or adjust my Night Shift options, it ditches my color profile and I have to go into Display Preferences and reselect it (even when it is already selected.). I suspect these are the kinds of bugs that Apple is looking to resolve before 10.12.4 final is released.