[GUIDE] Dell XPS 15 (9550) Mojave 10.14 / 10.15 Quick Installation

Krim404

1,806 posts in this topic

Hi, for everyone who have a problem with Thunderbolt 3/USB 3.1 Type C port and its hotplug function I have working solution created by dpassmor. Luckily I managed to apply his patch with ssdt to mine config.plist before entire thread has been deleted.

Add the following to ACPI/DSDT/Patches: (...)

this patch is already included. no need to apply

Exactly. I've tried to use macbook pro 13,3 on my system but in somehow it is detected as iMac 17,1. The 9,1 is only one SMBIOS that works for me for now.

you'll have to read Part 6 carefully ;-) There is the reason.

How long ago? Do I just need to update my smbios?

the patch is included even before i added the tutorial here. You dont need to do anything. USB-C is hotpluggable if you used the files correctly.

• Like 1

Someone who has an idea why my audio isn't working? My speakers and headphone jack work, but when I connect my audio interface (via USB2) the sound disappears most of the time at random moments.

I have VoodooHDA installed and I'm still using the USBInjectAll.kext. Without USBInjectAll my OS doesn't find my audio interface.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Someone who has an idea why my audio isn't working? My speakers and headphone jack work, but when I connect my audio interface (via USB2) the sound disappears most of the time at random moments.

I have VoodooHDA installed and I'm still using the USBInjectAll.kext. Without USBInjectAll my OS doesn't find my audio interface.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

thats a bigger problem, because it could be either something easy like "switch your output device back to speakers" or something very complex. Can you please upload your IORegistry while your USB-Soundcard is attached and another when its deattached and sound is not working? I attached the app required to create a copy of the ioregistry in the GIT repository "Additional/Tools/IORegistryExplorer"

PS: you need USB-Inject-All only when adding the sound device? the usb port works with another device?

the patch is included even before i added the tutorial here. You dont need to do anything. USB-C is hotpluggable if you used the files correctly.

I did the tutorial really early on. I'm deecewan from Tonymac. I remember the tutorial said that usb-c was not hotpluggable

I did the tutorial really early on. I'm deecewan from Tonymac. I remember the tutorial said that usb-c was not hotpluggable

the tutorial has an information at the bottom when something big has been updated. didnt know you applied an old version from another forum.

PS to all TMXers:

DO NOT ASK ON Tonys Website why this thread has been removed. Do not link it there! Your posts will be deleted (already happened multiple times) and you get a BAN even for mentioning, that its still available elsewhere.

EDIT: Dont ask on social media, too. You'll get blocked. TMX is pretty hardcore regarding censoring their platform. ;-)

post-19619-0-30010200-1483345876_thumb.png

• Like 3

the tutorial has an information at the bottom when something big has been updated. didnt know you applied an old version from another forum.

PS to all TMXers:

DO NOT ASK ON Tonys Website why this thread has been removed. Do not link it there! Your posts will be deleted (already happened multiple times) and you get a BAN even for mentioning, that its still available elsewhere.

I know. I created a thread just to let them know that i was upset at the non sense banning and deleting. 2 minutes and my thread was deleted.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Anyways. I just wanted t o add this i am using this applePS2touch.kext the beta 4.7

And everyrhing works nicely.

He fixed the CAPS issue on Sierra and added the touchpad panel :-)

Follow this thread people and suport his work. He has a lots of info there

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-ELAN,-FocalTech-and-Synaptics-(Smart-Touchpad)-Driver-(Mac-OS-X)

I know. I created a thread just to let them know that i was upset at the non sense banning and deleting. 2 minutes and my thread was deleted.

Anyways. I just wanted t o add this i am using this applePS2touch.kext the beta 4.7

And everyrhing works nicely.

He fixed the CAPS issue on Sierra and added the touchpad panel :-)

Follow this thread people and suport his work. He has a lots of info there

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-ELAN,-FocalTech-and-Synaptics-(Smart-Touchpad)-Driver-(Mac-OS-X)

if you use a SMBIOS of a notebook, the touchpad panel is available with the supplied kexts. the osxlatitude SmartTouchpad Driver is pretty good, but is really hard to configure and to be honest, i never got it working correctly. Plus: it's really 'hacky' -> multitouch is not really multitouch, it's translated to keyboard commands, and it's closed source.

if you use a SMBIOS of a notebook, the touchpad panel is available with the supplied kexts. the osxlatitude SmartTouchpad Driver is pretty good, but is really hard to configure and to be honest, i never got it working correctly. Plus: it's really 'hacky' -> multitouch is not really multitouch, it's translated to keyboard commands, and it's closed source.

So which one are you using. I am having a hard time trying to get backlight fix using the smartTouch as suggested on the Guide. If i remove the fakeid my screen goes black after booting

thats a bigger problem, because it could be either something easy like "switch your output device back to speakers" or something very complex. Can you please upload your IORegistry while your USB-Soundcard is attached and another when its deattached and sound is not working? I attached the app required to create a copy of the ioregistry in the GIT repository "Additional/Tools/IORegistryExplorer"

PS: you need USB-Inject-All only when adding the sound device? the usb port works with another device?

USB port works with other devices. I also noticed that there's an HDMI output available, but there's no HDMI cable connected.

Anyways, I opened IORegistry when audio was working and "saved as" a file. Restarted IORegistry and did the same when the audio was not working. Is this the correct way to do it?

When uploading these files as an attachment I get an error that I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file.

So which one are you using. I am having a hard time trying to get backlight fix using the smartTouch as suggested on the Guide. If i remove the fakeid my screen goes black after booting

do the 4k patch before fakeid removal

USB port works with other devices. I also noticed that there's an HDMI output available, but there's no HDMI cable connected.

Anyways, I opened IORegistry when audio was working and "saved as" a file. Restarted IORegistry and did the same when the audio was not working. Is this the correct way to do it?

When uploading these files as an attachment I get an error that I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file.

zip it. :-)

Whoops ofcourse.

your iroeg looks okay, thats just a very special device you're attaching there which adds multiple audio devices. Can you try using it with the "normal" patched HDA driver? It's possible VoodooHDA just cant handle this.

your iroeg looks okay, thats just a very special device you're attaching there which adds multiple audio devices. Can you try using it with the "normal" patched HDA driver? It's possible VoodooHDA just cant handle this.

You mean using CodecCommander.kext & aDummyHDA.kext? When I used those I had no output device at all. Also didn't test with my interface since I wasn't at home.

• Like 1

You mean using CodecCommander.kext & aDummyHDA.kext? When I used those I had no output device at all. Also didn't test with my interface since I wasn't at home.

just to make sure: you're using a dell 9550 with the supplied files of my github repo?

Yes and I'm using the files provided in post 1

Just noticed that the interface doesn't connect at all over USB C

i really dont understand, why this problem occurs. It's possible you've got a different mainboard revision i never had my hands on before. I would suggest doing the HDA patching by yourself.

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1946-complete-applehda-patching-guide/

i really dont understand, why this problem occurs. It's possible you've got a different mainboard revision i never had my hands on before. I would suggest doing the HDA patching by yourself.

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1946-complete-applehda-patching-guide/

Okay let me look at that after a few more questions.

The audio should work with CodecCommander & aDummyHDA + SSDT-ALC298 that you provided?

In config.plist, do I have to delete AppleHDA1 to AppleHDA7 when using VoodooHDA? Would it make a difference? I forgot to do this.

Okay let me look at that after a few more questions.

The audio should work with CodecCommander & aDummyHDA + SSDT-ALC298 that you provided?

In config.plist, do I have to delete AppleHDA1 to AppleHDA7 when using VoodooHDA? Would it make a difference? I forgot to do this.

Audio should work with the files provided. Normal behaviour is just exactly what you've described. Loosing sound randomly. Most time this can be fixed by pluggin in headphones and remove them again. VoodooHDA works without this issue, but has many side effects and makes your headphone jack unusable or distroted. So there is no "perfect" solution (except using VoodooHDA with a Bluetooth Headphone, like the Bose QuietComfort 35 - my setup :-))

If you left the HDA patches in the config and you experience the same problems, then it's worth a try to remove the not required patches i mentioned in the tutorial on usage of VoodooHDA

If I have a working setup, am I able to just run through the post install steps again?  it's not going to change anything too drastically?

no drastic changes, yes. But it's possible you have to do the pre-installation parts, too - because new ACPI tables have been added.

Easiest way is to backup your actual working config.plist from clover and copy the pre-installation clover folder above your old. then use the post-installation clover config.plist and modify it the same way you did on your backup (most likely you only need to change it to your current smbios)

I'm still getting a weird Kernel Panic.

It happens when I change my SMBIOS to Macbook9,1 using clover Configurator

Sierra with 9,1 smbios doesnt boot if something is not calculated correctly, like wrong Mobo serial number.