[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

usually good kexts installers clear the kernel cache after installation, dunno...

What's the name of the utility you used? 

the only files you need in driver64uefi are:

FSInject-64.efi

HFSPlus.efi

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

This is a download link for these files.

Everything else can be deleted.

I use the recommended tool: EasyKext Pro v2.1. I had the same files (and only these files) in my drivers64UEFI folder but I just overwrite them with yours and got the same behavior. Thanks anyway.

Need to know how many changes I have to do in CloudCloverEditor? I upload the config.plist included in the filepack. I generate the SMBIOS Serial Number only (Product Name is already set as MacBookPro13,1 by default) and then I download the modified config.plist. I use this modified config.plist in Clover in the installation usb flashdrive and in Clover in the sdd after installation. And the system boots ok by itself... until I install the patched kext. Then it doesn't boot anymore. I use the 0x123456789 fakeid in every boot but not in the boot after the modified kext installation.

What Clover version do you use? I use the last one r4049.

I am making a new usb installer from scratch again. Now with the filepack 2.0. Crossing fingers.

Edit:

This is the config.plist (modified by CCE) I will use: https://pastebin.com/4WVh2n3d Please make a "diff" with yours. The only different must be the Serial Number. Can you confirm this?

Edit:

With filepack 2.0 and my config.plist it doesn't boot the installation usb. I get "This version of MacOS is not supported in this platform!" It says "Reason: Mac-". I can see an entry in my config.plist:

<key>Board-ID</key> 

<string>Mac-</string>

Please, what should I put there?

Edit:

Had to set this boot flag "-no_compat_check", seems to start the installer but fails later with a beautiful kernel panic. 

I wonder why it fails me only. This is not the first hackintosh I build.

• Like 1

I use the recommended tool: EasyKext Pro v2.1. I had the same files (and only these files) in my drivers64UEFI folder but I just overwrite them with yours and got the same behavior. Thanks anyway.

Need to know how many changes I have to do in CloudCloverEditor? I upload the config.plist included in the filepack. I generate the SMBIOS Serial Number only (Product Name is already set as MacBookPro13,1 by default) and then I download the modified config.plist. I use this modified config.plist in Clover in the installation usb flashdrive and in Clover in the sdd after installation. And the system boots ok by itself... until I install the patched kext. Then it doesn't boot anymore. I use the 0x123456789 fakeid in every boot but not in the boot after the modified kext installation.

I am making a new usb installer from scratch again. Now with the filepack 2.0. Crossing fingers.

Edit:

This is the config.plist (modified by CCE) I will use: https://pastebin.com/4WVh2n3d Please make a "diff" with yours. The only different must be the Serial Number. Can you confirm this?

Edit:

With filepack 2.0 and my config.plist it doesn't boot the installation usb. I get "This version of MacOS is not supported in this platform!" It says "Reason: Mac-". I can see an entry in my config.plist:

<key>Board-ID</key>

<string>Mac-</string>

Edit:

Had to set this boot flag "-no_compat_check", seems to start the installer but fails later with a beautiful kernel panic.

Not to be condescending or anything. But your issue is still that you don't read. The board ID is the serial you've got to generate! And it's empty in your file. Also, don't use flags you know little/nothing about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dunno if I'll post a video, maybe later possibly, about three finger gestures keep in mind that you can assign them to specific task that are addressable to keyboard shortcuts, such opening exposè, running an app, closing windows etc...

No way to drag windows with three fingers, that would require a true multitouch driver, and voodooPS2 (the one that we are using) and the others ps2 kexts you can find on other boards, aren't multitouch...

The only "true" multitouch gesture is two finger vertical and horizontal scrolling.

Need to know how many changes I have to do in CloudCloverEditor? I upload the config.plist included in the filepack. I generate the SMBIOS Serial Number only (Product Name is already set as MacBookPro13,1 by default) and then I download the modified config.plist. I use this modified config.plist in Clover in the installation usb flashdrive and in Clover in the sdd after installation. And the system boots ok by itself... until I install the patched kext. Then it doesn't boot anymore. I use the 0x123456789 fakeid in every boot but not in the boot after the modified kext installation.

Edit:

This is the config.plist (modified by CCE) I will use: https://pastebin.com/4WVh2n3d Please make a "diff" with yours. The only different must be the Serial Number. Can you confirm this?

Edit:

<key>Board-ID</key> 

<string>Mac-</string>

Edit:

I've had the same issue as you. CloudCloverEditor doesn't seem to generate Board ID. Don't know why. I've edited config.plist and added it manually with value Mac-473D31EABEB93F9B that corresponds to MacBookPro13,1. Then I managed to boot and install macOS following the guide. Note I'm using file pack 2.0 and macOS 10.12.3. 

• Like 1

I've had the same issue as you. CloudCloverEditor doesn't seem to generate Board ID. Don't know why. I've edited config.plist and added it manually with value Mac-473D31EABEB93F9B that corresponds to MacBookPro13,1. Then I managed to boot and install macOS following the guide. Note I'm using file pack 2.0 and macOS 10.12.3.

It does generate it, but you've got to fill out some of the necessary variables first.

I install the modified kext, reboot without fakeid and I get this error, again.

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

Error loading kernel cache (0x1)

Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

FilePack 2.0, MacOS 10.12.4, SIP disabled, Assessment subsystem disabled, Board-ID set, SerialNumber set.

I give up.

Bye.

Edit:

Just find out why I cannot install macOS. My Samsung SATA SSD is faulty. The drive just failed the SMART test. I am asking for a refund. 

I install the modified kext, reboot without fakeid and I get this error, again.

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

Error loading kernel cache (0x1)

Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

FilePack 2.0, MacOS 10.12.4, SIP disabled, Assessment subsystem disabled, Board-ID set, SerialNumber set.

I give up.

Bye.

This seems to be nvram related. Clear it again and report. Also, you're showing a tendency to do steps on your own, without being told by us nor the guide to do so. No one has told you to touch SIP. It could be that the nvram has been set to restricted. Our systems are 99.9% identical. You're the one messing up. That being said, clear the nvram and test again. And if that doesn't work, start from scratch and follow the guide 100%, without messing with other options.

I think that is not related to nvram!

But the app is probably not cleaning the kernel cache...

Do a manual install from the terminal... (if you already installed the kext do only the last four steps)

sudo -s
cp -R ~/"kextname".kext /System/Library/Extensions/
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/"kextname"
chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/"kextname"
/usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /
rm -R /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
touch /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -update-volume /
  • Like 1

I think that is not related to nvram!

But the app is probably not cleaning the kernel cache...

Do a manual install from the terminal... (if you already installed the kext do only the last four steps)

sudo -s
cp -R ~/"kextname".kext /System/Library/Extensions/
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/"kextname"
chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/"kextname"
/usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /
rm -R /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
touch /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -update-volume /

I can't mount the partition. The file system has been messed up. That's why clover can't load the kernel. When I try to mount by hand the macos partition it says "invalid secondary volume header" "unable to find HFS+ superblock". The SATA drive is faulty. And this is the reason why I am not able to install the OS.

This seems to be nvram related. Clear it again and report. Also, you're showing a tendency to do steps on your own, without being told by us nor the guide to do so. No one has told you to touch SIP. It could be that the nvram has been set to restricted. Our systems are 99.9% identical. You're the one messing up. That being said, clear the nvram and test again. And if that doesn't work, start from scratch and follow the guide 100%, without messing with other options.

"No one has told you to touch SIP" That's wrong. The EasyKext Pro developer clearly asks for disabling SIP when running the tool in MacOS Sierra.

I can't install the OS because my SSD was faulty. The drive can't even complete the SMART test (fails at 20%). I already asked for a refund. And I'm sure I will install macos with no problem on my brand new SSD. I am not a noob. 

Btw I am cancelling the account.

If you want to cancel your account you are free to do whatever you want, but Kevin is right, there is no need to touch SIP...

If you knew how SIP really works you should even now that it have to be disabled on a hack to be able to use kexts... Thats why it's already partially disabled and that is made by the csractiveconfig flag on the config.plist

Many use 67 that totally disable SIP, but since I prefer a more clean way, I use 3 for the pack, that disables just the kext signature and file system verification.

To check just use this command on a terminal window

csrutil status

have fun.

• Like 1

Hello guys. I found this thread today while was searching for any info about hackintosh for my daily driver laptop. Thank you Claudes for such a great job!

Anyway I just get stuck with macOS installation on my Xiaomi MNA 13'. I am catching a fancy kernel panic when trying to boot from created pen drive and start installation, so my laptop immediately reboot right at the point a loading bar appears under Apple logo. Using the latest macOS Siera installation app, latest Clover, and filepack 2.0.

Did someone get the same issue? There is a pretty big possibility that I just a dumb man and I can't realize what I did wrong. :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi ClaudesTech, my Mi Notebook Air 13 comes with BIOS version A06 instead of the A05 (I bought it on March 2017). Do you know if all the kext and SSDT / DSDT patches from your package are compatible with the new BIOS?

For now, I managed to install macOS 10.12.3 successfully with FilePack v2.0. Basic things seems to be working (Intel GPU, CPU multiplier, audio, headphones, brightness control). But I'm not sure if all patches and injections are being applied correctly. For example, HiDPI is not working and TrackPad scroll seems a little unresponsive.

Hi ClaudesTech, my Mi Notebook Air 13 comes with BIOS version A06 instead of the A05 (I bought it on March 2017). Do you know if all the kext and SSDT / DSDT patches from your package are compatible with the new BIOS?

For now, I managed to install macOS 10.12.3 successfully with FilePack v2.0. Basic things seems to be working (Intel GPU, CPU multiplier, audio, headphones, brightness control). But I'm not sure if all patches and injections are being applied correctly. For example, HiDPI is not working and TrackPad scroll seems a little unresponsive.

HiDPI doesn't have anything to do with that. Be sure that you've copied the file as root. Check the permissions and apply the correct ones with chmod if needed.

The trackpad is a little unresponsive due to the drivers. It's just the way it is, for all Hackbooks. It be just as fast, just a little quirky at times.

Since, apparently, people are having a really hard time following the guide correctly, I've made a bash script that installs all files for you. It is very simple to use. You only have to copy the script to the FilePack folder, open up Terminal and type "sudo [drag the installer here]". That's it.
The one remaining thing to do is to reboot and install the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext from the Backup folder with a kext tool of your choice and reboot again.

I intend to integrate that last step as well. With a slightly more "sophisticated" script.

BEFORE anyone tries it though, I'd like @ClaudesTech to have a look at it first. I haven't even tried it myself yet since I've written this on my phone. I'll probably be able to test it out later today.

LINK

• Like 1

nice!

I took a look the script seems correct.

but oh, I can't try it, don't want to reinstall again to test it, lets wait for someone else feedback...

Would be nice is you can extract your bios from windows for us to use it...

Btw I don't thinks there should be any problem with it and the filespack.

• Like 1

My Mi Notebook Air 13 comes with BIOS version A06 instead of the A05 (I bought it on March 2017). Do you know if all the kext and SSDT / DSDT patches from your package are compatible with the new BIOS? For example, HiDPI is not working.

HiDPI doesn't have anything to do with that. Be sure that you've copied the file as root. Check the permissions and apply the correct ones with chmod if needed.

According to the output of ioreg -l my DisplayProductID and DisplayVendorID is different from yours, so I edited "DisplayProductID-1447" file from the package and copied to "/System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4c83/DisplayProductID-4259". I've had to mkdir DisplayVendorID-4c83 folder because it didn't exists.

Now after restart I can select custom resolutions with HiDPI with RDM, like 936p. I attached the file in case is helpful for anyone.

+-o AppleBacklightDisplay {

"IOClass" = "AppleBacklightDisplay"

"CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily"

"IOProviderClass" = "IODisplayConnect"

"DisplayProductID" = 16985

"IODisplayEDID" = <00ffffffffffff004c83594200000000001a0104a51d11780a9f65a2574c9b261250540000000101010101010101$

"IODisplayPrefsKey" = "IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IGPU@2/AppleIntelFramebuffer@0/di$

"IODisplayParameters" = {"commit"={"reg"=0},"fade-time2"={"min"=0,"max"=10000,"value"=4000},"ggsc"={"min"=0,"ma$

"IOProbeScore" = 3000

"IOPowerManagement" = {"DevicePowerState"=3,"CapabilityFlags"=49152,"CurrentPowerState"=3,"MaxPowerState"=3}

"IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"

"IODisplayAttributes" = {"IODisplayAttributes"=<676174760000000073676c6600000000726c6f6301000000637062200200000$

"IODisplayConnectFlags" = <00080000>

"DisplayVendorID" = 19587

"DisplaySerialNumber" = 0

}

@Claude can you give me a link or some info on how to extract the BIOS?

DisplayProductID-4259.txt

• Like 1

Hi guys!

What do you think about BCM94352HMB and this adapter

https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sale-mSATA-Mini-PCI-E-3-0-SSD-to-NGFF-M-2-B-SATA-interface/32443066472.html

Can it work?

It won't work, i tried it already with a key M to key A adapter (you'll need A/E key for WLAN) in the first SSD slot (PCIe slot): http://www.delock.de/produkte/G_65699/merkmale.html

Windows did not recognize it (same after installing drivers), neither did macOS after all kext installs and config edits.

The only possible solution i can think of is this which i have not tried: http://www.bplus.com.tw/Adapter/M2E.html

the adapter does not support MiniPCIe (read description), also the second SSD slot is a B key SATA slot and the first SSD slot is a M key PCIe slot

@dodvip123

You tried BCM94352Z card with adapter into first SSD slot.

But I speak about BCM94352HMB (miniPCIe) with another adapter into second SSD slot.

there is no way we could use a sata port to connect a wireless card our only possibility is using the pci-e slot (the one with the stock drive in it)

@dodvip

please remove the link to that forum, it's against forum's rules!

• Like 1

the adapter does not support MiniPCIe (read description), also the second SSD slot is a B key SATA slot and the first SSD slot is a M key PCIe slot

The adapter he's mentioning is in fact for a mSata B. It could actually work with the card he mentioned.

EDIT: Scratch that, the card itself is pcie. Nevermind. lol

(...)

The only possible solution i can think of is this which i have not tried: http://www.bplus.com.tw/Adapter/M2E.html

That would fix Wifi, but BT would still be an issue since we don't have any internal usb to connect the card to, that I know of. Although there should be some hub somewhere on the mainboard we could solder it to.

One solution would be to finally build an injector for the existing bluetooth module, which isn't completely undoable (compared to writing a wifi driver). And use that in conjunction with the separate wifi card.

I mean, wifi is the main issue, I've no problem running a vm to inject the bt firmware when I need it!

Tbh I don't have problems with usb wifi, but would be cool to use an internal one!