[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

I mean, wifi is the main issue, I've no problem running a vm to inject the bt firmware when I need it!

@Dodvip123's adapter should work. The wifi part shouldn't be affected by the missing usb. So I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is actually one problem left that I could think of. The module needs two antennas. That would mean that the internal card won't get get connect to any which would break Bluetooth because of that. We can't connect the cards in series because that would cause interferences, the reason the chips can use the same antennas for bt and wifi is because they switch between them really fast AFAIK.

So either we plant a new antenna, or we gotta use a dongle..

The first step is to see if the device get recognized, antennas are our last step, not really a big issue!

Indeed, i think the last adapter i linked might work but i already wasted €20 on the other one

The adapter he's mentioning is in fact for a mSata B. It could actually work with the card he mentioned.

EDIT: Scratch that, the card itself is pcie. Nevermind. lol

That would fix Wifi, but BT would still be an issue since we don't have any internal usb to connect the card to, that I know of. Although there should be some hub somewhere on the mainboard we could solder it to.

One solution would be to finally build an injector for the existing bluetooth module, which isn't completely undoable (compared to writing a wifi driver). And use that in conjunction with the separate wifi card.

Bluetooth is easily fixable with a USB device (i use a bcm20702 which adds 4.1 LE Bluetooth by using rehabmans bluetooth kexts)

Hi ClaudesTech, my Mi Notebook Air 13 comes with BIOS version A06 instead of the A05 (I bought it on March 2017). Do you know if all the kext and SSDT / DSDT patches from your package are compatible with the new BIOS?

For now, I managed to install macOS 10.12.3 successfully with FilePack v2.0. Basic things seems to be working (Intel GPU, CPU multiplier, audio, headphones, brightness control). But I'm not sure if all patches and injections are being applied correctly. For example, HiDPI is not working and TrackPad scroll seems a little unresponsi

A chinese friend asked for the bios at the xiaomi support center, they dont know and asked for a screenshot, can you take it and share it? Thanks a lot!

A chinese friend asked for the bios at the xiaomi support center, they dont know and asked for a screenshot, can you take it and share it? Thanks a lot!

Hi Claudes,

I attached the following files. Hope they will be useful for you:

• A photo of my bios screen menu where you can see the bios version.
  • A backup of my current BIOS version A06 .rom. Used Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 for Windows.
  • Original ACPI files generated using Clover F4. Maybe you can compare with yours and see if there are any differences or adjust the DSDT patches for this bios version.

As far as I know many people that has bought the notebook recently have A06 bios. I asked in a Telegram group chat about the Air 13 and other users have confirmed that. If you have more news about that, pls let me know. Thanks.

Xiaomi_MNA13_bios_A06.rom.zip

Xiaomi_MNA13_acpi_origin_A06.zip

Xiaomi_MNA13_bios_A06_screen.jpg.zip

Hi guys!

I have laptop with BIOS version A06 also. It seems that everything works fine but I have one question.

Is there some possibility to enable double tap with subsequent dragging with VoodooPS2Controller? The behavior should be the same as I press left button of the mouse and move it.

here you can download the utility to flash the bios, I tried, but it seems to be a size mismatch error....

Btw if you wanna try here it is.

Warning flashing bios could fail and kill your laptop, this is your own responsability...

@nayzebo

can you try to extract it too and post it here, I would like to flash it...

InsydeFlash5.29.rar

There is no official changelog, and the bios is not available for download...

Obviously they did something or there will be no reason to release an update...

I've a friend in china with a mi book pro 13 and he asked about the bios to official xiaomi support and they said is only preinstalled on new machines, not for download and they don't even update it in official stores...

Have you tried using the insydeflash tool and that bios dump from AlbertAlpha?

Do you get the size mismatch error too? maybe a bad dump, or we need a new version of the flashing tool...

let me know.... thanks

P.s.

The tool recognized correcty both bioses and show same machine type, says A5 on chip A6 on file, but fails as said before...

To try it, just change the bios file extension to .fd and place it on tool's folder.

Hi guys!

I have laptop with BIOS version A06 also. It seems that everything works fine but I have one question.

Is there some possibility to enable double tap with subsequent dragging with VoodooPS2Controller? The behavior should be the same as I press left button of the mouse and move it.

Hey, another with the A06 bios, great!. 2-tap dragging can be enabled in Accessibility settings > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad options.

@nayzebo Are you using macOS 10.12.3? Because for me the sleep function isn't working properly. Screen goes off and USB devices shuts down, but the power LED button stills on and it seems that the system isn't going to deep sleep because the battery drops very quickly. Also the command pmset -g assertions outputs the following "Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler". Could you try going sleep and run this command and check if the same happens to you, thanks?

@Claudes, I've dumped my BIOS again, this time with InsideFlash.exe tool. It has generated a 16mb .fd file instead of a 8mb .rom. If you want to try it at your own risk..  :) , I attached the file.

Xiaomi_MNA13_bios_A06.fd.zip

There is no official changelog, and the bios is not available for download...

Obviously they did something or there will be no reason to release an update...

I've a friend in china with a mi book pro 13 and he asked about the bios to official xiaomi support and they said is only preinstalled on new machines, not for download and they don't even update it in official stores...

Have you tried using the insydeflash tool and that bios dump from AlbertAlpha?

Do you get the size mismatch error too? maybe a bad dump, or we need a new version of the flashing tool...

let me know.... thanks

P.s.

The tool recognized correcty both bioses and show same machine type, says A5 on chip A6 on file, but fails as said before...

To try it, just change the bios file extension to .fd and place it on tool's folder.

I get the same error :/

Hey, another with the A06 bios, great!. Are you using macOS 10.12.3? Because for me the sleep function isn't working properly. Screen goes off and USB devices shuts down, but the power LED button stills on and it seems that the system isn't going to deep sleep because the battery drops very quickly. Also the command pmset -g assertions outputs the following "Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler". @nayzebo could you try going sleep and run this command and check if the same happens to you, thanks?

@Claudes, I've dumped my BIOS again, this time with InsideFlash.exe tool. It has generated a 16mb .fd file instead of a 8mb .rom. If you want to try it at your own risk.. :) , I attached the file.

Read the thread... the sleep's like that for everyone. If you want proper sleep, fall back to .09, but you will have to live with the lid bug.

• Like 1

@Claudes, I've dumped my BIOS again, this time with InsideFlash.exe tool. It has generated a 16mb .fd file instead of a 8mb .rom. If you want to try it at your own risk..  :) , I attached the file.

Have you done some kind of modification? I get this error when trying to flash...

Probably you did not, and extracted bios did not get the signature...

If is like this we should find some tool to sign it, or probably flash it from DOS with a different tool...

post-221766-0-30430600-1492409873_thumb.png

Hey, another with the A06 bios, great!. 2-tap dragging can be enabled in Accessibility settings > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad options.

Hi AlbertAlpha! Thank you for the information! 

@nayzebo Are you using macOS 10.12.3? Because for me the sleep function isn't working properly. Screen goes off and USB devices shuts down, but the power LED button stills on and it seems that the system isn't going to deep sleep because the battery drops very quickly. Also the command pmset -g assertions outputs the following "Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler". Could you try going sleep and run this command and check if the same happens to you, thanks?

I use 10.12.4 but the laptop sleeps like yours and battery discharges very fast. I'll try this command today's evening and say the result.

So...

Can someone else with A6 make a bios dump to share?

Thanks

Hi ClaudesTech! Sorry for delaying. I'll try to dump my BIOS today's evening using some Linux OS.

this is the correct behave with 2.0 pack, no way to get proper full sleep without causing the lid/usb bug, you'll have to live with it...

btw iodisplaywrangler is one of those things that shows up even on real macs and have nothing to do with our issue. :)

Hey. Thank you all for the sleep explanations. I'll take note on the curret status and maybe try .09 filespack.

@Claudes Of course i haven't mod the bios file. I've only used the command "InsydeFlash.exe xxx.fd /g" from Windows. If you know how to dump it with signature or a way to sign it..

Also the command pmset -g assertions outputs the following "Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler". Could you try going sleep and run this command and check if the same happens to you, thanks?

Here is my output of this command after sleep:

$ pmset -g assertions
2017-04-18 02:16:31 +0300 
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   1
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  1
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            0
Listed by owning process:
   pid 45(powerd): [0x0000000200088000] 00:09:16 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted" 
   pid 96(hidd): [0x0000000d00098028] 00:09:05 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968121.17" 
Timeout will fire in 115 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
   id=500  level=255 0x4=USB mod=01.01.70, 3:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14700000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=501  level=255 0x4=USB mod=01.01.70, 3:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14500000 owner=XiaoMi USB 2.0 Webcam
   id=502  level=255 0x4=USB mod=01.01.70, 3:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14100000 owner=802.11n NIC
   id=503  level=255 0x4=USB mod=01.01.70, 3:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14400000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff}
span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}
span.Apple-tab-span {white-space:pre}
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

Have you done some kind of modification? I get this error when trying to flash...

Probably you did not, and extracted bios did not get the signature...

If is like this we should find some tool to sign it, or probably flash it from DOS with a different tool...

attachicon.gifCattura.PNG

Here is dump of my BIOS. But I also have the same error in InsydeFlash program. May be it is need to disable password in BIOS?

Other tools under Windows and Linux did not help me to dump BIOS. All of them reported me that this chipset is not supported.

A06.zip

mmhhh ok thanks for trying, but as said before, that sleep assertion shows even on real macs, and it's not whats causing our sleep issue.

About the bios, yes, the tool extract it correctly, but cant sign it so we can't do much, I'v not tried to flash it from dos, maybe it could work, but the best thing we could do is find some sort of tool to apply the signature...

Thanks again btw!

Hello, thanks for the pack: unfortunately I've got glitches and it seems that the changement of screen resolution doesn't work with mine. I've used the pack, so it shouldn't get those but if you know a solution, could be great ! 

I know that I should give you file like Ioreg..things... but as a noob; prefer to wait if you know more about those problems.

By the way I needed to add the boot argument : -no_compat_check.  If not I would have a stop icon and impossible to boot.

Thanks 

Oh mate, first of all, welcome to IM...

Btw

You are expirence this issue cause you did not correctly followed the guidelines on the steps where you have to use of the fakeid and patched installation of the kext on the temp folder trick, just keep on trying, if you need further help please, ask again!

Thanks

Thanks !! I was just doing it wrong ^^ 

Now everything is working ; ) thanks again for this great filepack !

I just want to know if 3 finger multitouch work on yours ? (I think I have seen that it don't) and I if there is a way to adjust the brightness (I find some things but didn't test it yet, I will soon).

It might be a problem with my xiaomi and DisplayProductID-1447 since I got this message: /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4d10Display/ProductID-1447: No such file or directory

However, I still need to keep the boot arg -no_compat_check (well, it's not a problem but since it was not in the guide I may have done something wrong generating serial...)

Oh nice to hear that you figured out!

Btw please post your config.plist, I'll fix it for you, that flag is not needed when correctly setting the SMbios section of it.

Thanks for your help! 

Here is my config.plist (hope I didn't do anything too wrong ^^). I just added support for the nvme directly in kernelandpatches with Rehabman's patch. (I will certainly follow his guide for co-existence with IONVeFamily then).

config.plist.zip

Oh nice to hear that you figured out!

Btw please post your config.plist, I'll fix it for you, that flag is not needed when correctly setting the SMbios section of it.

Thanks for your help! 

Here is my config.plist (hope I didn't do anything too wrong ^^). I just added support for the nvme directly in kernelandpatches with Rehabman's patch. (I will certainly follow his guide for co-existence with IONVeFamily then).

Hi there,

I was about to ask exactly the same question. I think something went wrong with the brightness. I tried to apply the brightness fix but I'm a noob lol. However, when you're trying to adjust the brighness with both keys and slider, the real brightness level does not...

If you want, Claudestech, I can send you my config.plist but it is exactly the same as Nynko's ;)

Hi mengpo, I think ClaudesTech was talking of my flag that I shouldn't need to use..

For the brightness, It might be a problem with intelbacklight kext... I don't know.. but that's interesting you've got the same trouble !

EDIT: Apparently, it doesn't work anymore in 12.4 but rehabman have done a guide for it, I will try.

• Like 1