[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

Hi Claude,

I decided to buy the m2 disk to try mac,

However after following the thread I check my bios version and it's the A06, should i wait or o can try without major problems?

Thanks'

I have A06 bios. I can't confirm 100% that every patch is being applied correctly in this bios version, but I haven't found any major issues for two weeks on my Hackintosh. Maybe you will need to use my DisplayProductID file I posted some days ago if you want custom HiDPI resolutions. But that's all.

Non uso serial dal file di configurazione di altre persone, solo Creata una nuova con trifoglio configuratore se uno di nuvola non funziona ...

Capito, ho creato uno nuovo utilizzando trifoglio configuratore grazie per la punta.

Sono stato in grado di risolvere il problema e sto con Mac OS sul mio Xiaomi. Il problema era che l'editor nuvola di trifoglio non mi ha ottenuto un numero di serie Consiglio, anche se ho messo io stesso, così ho aggiunto con PlistEdit Pro. Ho usato quello che AlbertAlpha detto a pagina 9 di questa discussione (solo nel caso qualcuno sta avendo lo stesso problema)

Torna al mio post-installazione Ho un problema con la cartella HD / System / Library / Displays / Contents / Resources / Sostituzioni / DisplayVendorID-4d10 si dice nel ReadMi che:

Da terminale:

sudo cp

[dragTheFileInTerminal]

/ System / Library / Displays / Contents / Resources / Sostituzioni / DisplayVendorID-4d10Display / ProductID-1447

Mi dispiace, ma io sono in grado di farlo funzionare, sto ottenendo sempre errori. Se ho messo il file sul desktop qualcuno potrebbe darmi la linea devo mettere sul terminale? Che avrebbe funzionato bene? Poiché il trascinamento del file nella parte terminale è solo per ottenere il percorso del file.

PS: Al fine di non dipendere dal USB per avviare il sistema devo installare il trifoglio allo stesso modo ho fatto con l'USB, ma usando questa volta lo SSD, giusto? 

Credo di aver risolto questo problema, continuava a darmi errori perché nel mio computer cartella DisplayVendorID-4d10Display non esistesse, la mia si chiama DisplayVendorID-4d10, dopo aver cambiato il tutto percorso è andato più che bene.

Ho solo un'ultima domanda ora ed è ciò che devo fare per installare un trifoglio nel mio hard disk. Devo fare la stessa cosa che ho fatto quando ho installato sul USB? Voglio dire con trifoglio come ho fatto prima, ma non avrei dovuto fare tutto da capo il processo di documento falso? Vorrei davvero apprezzare un po 'di aiuto qui. Grazie ancora per il vostro aiuto e il vostro sforzo per darci MacOS sul nostro portatile. :happymac:

Hi ClaudesTech, Do you know this trackpad driver ? : http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/ 

It actually works well for the trackpad, allowing me more multitouch... However, it need some adjustment to suit your keyboard and the trackpad possibilities.

Do you know a way to have the "ESC" Fn locker key working with that ? It might be a good solution; I don't know ; )

I know that driver, but I preefer the one provided, less buggy...

Btw it would be incredible to get a real multitouch driver, these drivers are just simulating gestures using keyboard shortcuts! :/

Just wanted to say "Wooo I finally got this working" and I'm very grateful for all the work and the sharing.

I would highly recommend adding "Existing NVMe Drive" in the Not Working section of the first post as I found this part ambiguous being fairly new to the machine and all these ridiculous new m.2 SSD 'standards'.

I did a Carbon Copy Cloner from NVMe over to the new SATA drive in the spare slot so I'll see how battery improves from there. It seemed to kill it with Rehabman's hack.

I'm a first-time hackintosh user and this will do great to tie me over for the next few months until APPL does something about their ridiculous MBP prices and specs...

Out of interest, what Nano Wifi USB dongles are everyone using and do any support both bluetooth and Wifi n? I bought a TPLINK TL-WN823N and EDIMAX EW-7711MAC for once I upgrade to 802.11ac at home, but neither have bluetooth. Any better options?

Happy you got everything set up and working!

This is from the not working section:

NVME Drive. (to discuss about using it, since that not supported "by this filespackage“, open a specific thread or use PMs)

And sounds preety clear to me... :)

Right now, this ultrabook is faster than most mbp, if only the nvidia gpu could work no mac could compete with it!

About the dongle, every usb compatible device will work!

About AC ones, usually those micro sized will only get AC signal and not N, I've one of those and another regular sized one that receive both N and AC signals...

Never found an AC, N dongle with bt too...

But's that not a problem for me, I just start a Linux VM share the bt, disconnect it from the VM and it'll work on macOS until next reboot!

Hey, MacBanjo

About the battery life, it was first appear like really low but now I can get easily 4-5h: Do you have Power Nap activate on battery ? (It might play a lot; not sure)

This is from the not working section:

NVME Drive. (to discuss about using it, since that not supported "by this filespackage“, open a specific thread or use PMs)

And sounds preety clear to me... :)

Ya but what I meant is to add the word "existing" as it confused me and no doubt others. Many people will order the Xiaomi Notebook based on your post (I know I did) and they won't yet know the specs of the SSD in it.

Just a suggestion....not a big deal as I have posted on it.

Hey, MacBanjo

About the battery life, it was first appear like really low but now I can get easily 4-5h: Do you have Power Nap activate on battery ? (It might play a lot; not sure)

I only had Power Nap on when connected to Power. Battery Power Nap is off by default. The battery might need to re-calibrate with a full drain from 100% first... Is disabling Intel Turbo boost worth looking into?

Hi, related to power management, I noticed that on Windows the CPU usually stays at x5 (500Mhz) when idle, where on macOS is at x8 (800Mhz). I rarely see CPU below 800Mhz on macOS even if I'm not doing anything. This could cause battery on macOS to drain faster than on Windows since most of the time the CPU is in that "idle" state.

Can someone confirm that this is the correct behaivour on macOS? Or maybe I have incorrect PM patches applied or a process that prevents CPU to go below 800Mhz?

Thanks.

there is zero difference on running idle on 800mhz instead of 500mhz... power wise is almost the same!

I did many tests and believe me when I say that the battery least even more than on windows on the latest filepack!

:)

Hey there! Would like to buy this laptop for video editing and photo editing with final cut pro, Compressor and Photoshop.

What do u think? The CPU Can handle this? Can i expand RAM to 16 or more GB?

Btw for the wifi is not a problem.

For me would bè a problem IF tu CPU or the GPU lags when using ps or fcp. What do u Say in your experience :) ?

EDIT: for the wifi this could help u guys?? http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/full-height-wifi-card-in-wwan-slot-m11x-r1.647259/

Hey there! Would like to buy this laptop for video editing and photo editing with final cut pro, Compressor and Photoshop.

What do u think? The CPU Can handle this? Can i expand RAM to 16 or more GB?

Btw for the wifi is not a problem.

For me would bè a problem IF tu CPU or the GPU lags when using ps or fcp. What do u Say in your experience :) ?

EDIT: for the wifi this could help u guys?? http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/full-height-wifi-card-in-wwan-slot-m11x-r1.647259/

I don't have a WWAN connector on my logic board :(

4hyrrt.png

• Like 1

New Booting Error.... and I was going so well too....

This has happened to me on two separate occasions and not sure how to diagnose or fix it. It would be good to figure it out so I don't keep ending up with it.

I can still boot fine to another older macOS installation on my NVMe drive (before I cloned it to the SATA drive) - so I'm not convinced it's my clover settings.

The prohibition sign shows almost instantly, verbose mode shows this straight away:

ezhop4.jpg

I've tried booting without injecting kernel extensions, changing the DSDT...

About the WWAN connector, early versions of the mibook had it soldered, latest usually have everything, but the phisical connector is missing...

The new i7 versions with WWAN obviously have both the connector and the 4G card installed...

No one succeded on using these slots for something different than 4G/3G modems!

@axel9546

Final cut, photoshop etc... this apps works good, but if you are working on huge projects it could be demanding...

@mcBanjo

Maybe it's time to make a clean install to the sata drive directly! :)

About the WWAN connector, early versions of the mibook had it soldered, latest usually have everything, but the phisical connector is missing...

The new i7 versions with WWAN obviously have both the connector and the 4G card installed...

No one succeded on using these slots for something different than 4G/3G modems!

@axel9546

Final cut, photoshop etc... this apps works good, but if you are working on huge projects it could be demanding...

@mcBanjo

Maybe it's time to make a clean install to the sata drive directly! :)

I make 1080p 30fps, 2 minutes timelapse project. What do You think? :)

Anyway there is an i7 ver of Xiaomi mi Air 13? There is a gap between the 2 core?

Hey ClaudesTech:

Yesterday I have seen that HDMI audio doesn't work, I quickly apply Todela's script (since I was in a hurry), don't know if it's the best solution. 

Anyway, could be interesting to add a solution in the file pack ! 

Hey ClaudesTech:

Yesterday I have seen that HDMI audio doesn't work, I quickly apply Todela's script (since I was in a hurry), don't know if it's the best solution.

Anyway, could be interesting to add a solution in the file pack !

How the osx is going on? Can u use ur nvme?

Hi axel9546, yes I can. It's going quite well from now, no problem.

As i know that after installing is all good and beautiful, but i have problem understanding how i can create the usb stick

I have installed the efi clover to the efi partition of usb.

Then i have installed fakesmc, and voodoops2 controller.

Then i have to install something for nvme, but i dont know and cant understand what. Can u help me?

Hi all,

at first thanks a lot to everyone who is involved in this project. After some hustle I had to reinstall everything but now everything works fine.

I'm running 10.12.4 with FilePack 2.0 and for Wifi I'm using a Edimax AC1200 Nano.

The only thing thats kind of annoying is the battery drain in sleep mode. A fully charged battery is empty the next morning. I read about a Lid bug that happened before wich broke the USB connection. Can someone tell me what was that exactly about? If that means I have to connect my USB device again to make it work after sleep mode I'd prefer to have this bug than the battery drain. To do so, I just switch to the previous FilePack?

Thanks

Nightdrive

EDIT: one more thing - on a real Mac I can leave one finger on the bottom part of the touchpad while moving the cursor with the other hands finger. On this Hackintosh the cursor is not moving with two fingers on the touchpad at the same time. I guess its because we can't have real multitouch but can we define a "dead space" on the touchpad maybe. In windows I found a way to make it work quite fine (not perfect) using the palm check option in Synaptics driver

Oh the lid bug is really bad mate, each time you close the lid, after a wake, every usb device included webcam are not working and that require a reboot, btw if you use the button to sleep and wait until it starts blinking, yes you can close then the lid without losing usb connectivity!

And yeah if you wanna try, just use the previous driver and you'll be ready to go...

​I really don't know about the trackpad, never spend time figuring that out... Probably it could be done, I'm just not 100% sure about it!

Seeya!

Oh the lid bug is really bad mate, each time you close the lid, after a wake, every usb device included webcam are not working and that require a reboot, btw if you use the button to sleep and wait until it starts blinking, yes you can close then the lid without losing usb connectivity!

And yeah if you wanna try, just use the previous driver and you'll be ready to go...

​I really don't know about the trackpad, never spend time figuring that out... Probably it could be done, I'm just not 100% sure about it!

Seeya!

Hello Claudes

Just for an expample.. If im Uploading a video and i have to go, i Cant close the screen? Is this a Mac osx Sierra bug, or we Cant fix in anyway this thing for this laptop?