[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

There is : all my uab booting drives tools are rendered useless cause they don't work with UEFI..!!

Anyway I just tried reinstall using UEFI. All good! Apart battery..? You said better in macOS, I loose 1%\min..!!

Sent from my Redmi 3s

There is : all my uab booting drives tools are rendered useless cause they don't work with UEFI..!!

Anyway I just tried reinstall using UEFI. All good! Apart battery..? You said better in macOS, I loose 1%\min..!!

Sent from my Redmi 3s

Jeez.. you can boot legacy efi drives with uefi... use google.

And the battery-life is good. It's one of the few things that are stellar in this hackbook (compared to win).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realised I made a mistake when following the guide so I corrected. I end up with about ~4h battery life starting from 100%.

Doesn't matter which hpw mode I use. As far as I recall, Window's more on the ~6h side.. So I'm wondering still!

Sent from my Redmi 3s

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Mini-PCIe-to-NGFF-adapter-mini-PCI-e-convertor-For-M-2-Wifi-Bluetooth-GSM-HSPA/710969_2044204405.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.TW0Iiy (wrong adapter)
http://s.aliexpress.com/aMFzaYfy
https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/191573387476

maybe something like this can make the A/E-key BCM94352Z compatible in the first PCIe M-key SSD slot, can someone confirm?

This video states that the first SSD slot is a PCIe slot at 0:40:

edit: wrong card

@goja

what?!?! 6 hours??

doing what kind of web browsing? I mean if you just read stuff maybe but just playing a couple of videos on youtube you'll never get 6 real hours on battery!!

@dodvip123

Maybe that could work!

Btw we should remove the nvme drive... pretty sad!

But with a 1tb data drive partitioned on 2 parts one for each OS, should be enought!

Let us know if you are willing to try!!

@goja

what?!?! 6 hours??

doing what kind of web browsing? I mean if you just read stuff maybe but just playing a couple of videos on youtube you'll never get 6 real hours on battery!!

@dodvip123

Maybe that could work!

Btw we should remove the nvme drive... pretty sad!

But with a 1tb data drive partitioned on 2 parts one for each OS, should be enought!

Let us know if you are willing to try!!

Yes if that works then Windows and macOS can be installed on the same SSD in the second slot.

I would try it if I had the laptop but I don't... And I will only buy it if this works.

Maybe someone who owns it can try

Did you see any report from people with first rev (including soldered mpcie slot) who tried compatible WLAN card successful? I read different thread here and there, lots of questioning but strangely no reports..

Sent from my Redmi 3s

Nice, let us know!

it did not work... I bought a M key to A key adapter (only Wifi should work then in theory) but Windows did not recognize the BCM94352Z

I tried installing the drivers for Dell 1560 in Windows but still no go... I think both wifi and bluetooth need to work to make Windows recognize it.

For now, I'm using my iPhone and TetherMe (jailbreak app) to share my wifi connection through USB. Maybe in the future we might see support for the Intel 8260AC or someone comes up with a motherboard solution.

Which patches did you apply to the DSDT? I would like to patch my native DSDT myself.

Great laptop so far!

oh, sad thing... maybe it's a problem related to the adapter, who knows...

btw I can't list you all the patched done on the tables, really a lot, not only on the dsdt and to make everything work, you'll have to use the full set provided!

I should update the package soon, cause I discovered a fix for the lid bug, but can't provide you a date yet...

• Like 1

oh, sad thing... maybe it's a problem related to the adapter, who knows...

btw I can't list you all the patched done on the tables, really a lot, not only on the dsdt and to make everything work, you'll have to use the full set provided!

I should update the package soon, cause I discovered a fix for the lid bug, but can't provide you a date yet...

You found the issue?? Great man! Could you please tell me/us/pm what you found out?

using an ssdt disable the more efficient HWP...

Not suggested at all...

Could you find a source for that? Have you made some measurements? Cause according to Rehabman and to my personal findings, this isn't the case. Not for the same clock profile at least.

I mean, just to explain, these are two different methods of scaling cpu frequency and it's not possible to use both (piker [or a simple research about HWP] confirms) and yes, lid bug is related to correctly enabling HWP without an SSDT and injecting correct sleep informations with a different ssdt...

Hmm, I'm going with the SSDT way... I also patched my own ACPI files.

Btw I found my old Wifi USB RTL8192EU lying around and it works after installing this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311312-drivers-alternativi-1011-per-d-link-dwa-131-usb-wireless-n-nano/

one issue; lid sleep does not seem to work and USB devices won't work after sleep. This only occurs when closing the lid, sleep from apple menu or scheduled sleep works fine.

From the Main post:

Don't use bios mods, other files with different patches or you'll get no help.

You are free to do whatever you want with your device, but obviously you'll have different issues using your own files instead of the provided one...

You'll still gonna have dedicated gpu active... no proper sleep... the lid bug(it's caused by not having correctly HWP enabled) plus tons of other small improvement made on more than 10 FilesPack upgrade.

And you'll gonna get no help!

:)

From the Main post:

Don't use bios mods, other files with different patches or you'll get no help.

You are free to do whatever you want with your device, but obviously you'll have different issues using your own files instead of the provided one...

You'll still gonna have dedicated gpu active... no proper sleep... the lid bug(it's caused by not having correctly HWP enabled) plus tons of other small improvement made on more than 10 FilesPack upgrade.

And you'll gonna get no help!

:)

I patched the DSDT and SSDT myself because it is advised by RehabMan to always patch your own ACPI files. My Nvidia gpu is also disabled and iirc you also have the same issue as i have. If you find the sleep issue, can you share the patch you did?

I don't have any sleep issue. (I had the lid bug but I fixed it)

Btw as said before, I'll not provide any help if you are using different files, if you wanna discuss about this, do it on another thread!

Respect the work of others and the thread rules.

P.s. 

I already told that the lid bug is related to wrong power managnment... and you are still saying you want to use that so... :/

• Like 1

I don't have any sleep issue. (I had the lid bug but I fixed it)

Btw as said before, I'll not provide any help if you are using different files, if you wanna discuss about this, do it on another thread!

Respect the work of others and the thread rules.

P.s.

I already told that the lid bug is related to wrong power managnment... and you are still saying you want to use that so... :/

I must have misinterpreted the sleep issue, i thought it was related to a lid issue and not to the power management.

I do respect your work and I'm sorry if i offended you. I just try to follow RehabMan's advice on patching the ACPI files.