[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

HI everybody after a several hours making the Xiaomi air a usable hackintosh I need to someone to teach me how can I change the About this Mac because when I change the archive on System/Libraty/Display/etc

Hello! I would need help ...
I made the pendrive, the laptop detects it, I enter macOS install from the pendrive, it ends, I enter with clover, I detect the install from the hard drive, the installation is executed (about 20 minutes), but when I start again with clover does not detect the partition of the hard drive, does not give me any kind of error, any solution?
Thanks in advance! :)

23 hours ago, bergui45 said:

After the latest update of HS 10.13.4 performed on the SSD USB Sandisk hooked to my MBPro 15" everything is OK.

The only issue is some instable behavior with the EDIMAX  7811UN

Has someone a better experience with a more reliable USB WIFI adapter?

On 5/11/2018 at 8:45 AM, iOSlalla said:

Hello! I would need help ...
I made the pendrive, the laptop detects it, I enter macOS install from the pendrive, it ends, I enter with clover, I detect the install from the hard drive, the installation is executed (about 20 minutes), but when I start again with clover does not detect the partition of the hard drive, does not give me any kind of error, any solution?
Thanks in advance! :)

The disk has been converted to APFS - if this file is not in your EFI/CLOVER/DRIVERS64UEFI you need to copy apfs.efi into /EFI/CLOVER/DRIVERS64UEFI

You can do this to your USB stick with the computer you created it on, and use it to boot the machine for the second part of the install. Remember to also place the file into the SSD's EFI/CLOVER/DRIVERS64UEFI folder when you're installing Clover

apfs.efi

Edited by vk2fro

On 5/11/2018 at 10:12 AM, bergui45 said:

Has someone a better experience with a more reliable USB WIFI adapter?

The issue of a dead wifi port occurs when awaiking the laptop from a closed screen: then a Reboot is mandatory

Should the screen remains OPEN then no USB & WIFI issue!

On 5/16/2018 at 2:49 AM, STP said:

I've had success with EFI from here... absolutely zero changes.

My machine is i5 6200u GeForce940MX

This video are amazing!

Now I'm one wants buy a Xiaomi notebook too. :lol:

THANX A LOT!

I checked the config.plist : it is very different than the one previously provided by Urashimataro...

Very interesting..

STP let us know should you have USB/Wifi issue after closing the lid/screen and resume after sleep?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 7:49 AM, STP said:

I've had success with EFI from here... absolutely zero changes.

My machine is i5 6200u GeForce940MX

I tried Roberto Jorge 's EFI folder on my I5 6200 with NVIDIA 940 MX ; YES it can boot successfully but the screen is too dark and brightness is not modyfiable...

So i went back to my own made EFI...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 5:30 AM, bergui45 said:

I tried Roberto Jorge 's EFI folder on my I5 6200 with NVIDIA 940 MX ; YES it can boot successfully but the screen is too dark and brightness is not modyfiable...

So i went back to my own made EFI...

hey man, could you share your EFI please?  I have the same model and not having much luck installing HS:thumbsup_anim:

Hello magicthigs,

The successful EFI folder is already available on this forum: thanx to Urashimataro about 2 months before.

The only mods i made was using my  own serials cooked from previous SIERRA instal and also just upgrading to the latest Clover...

If i use a Wifi USB dongle to have internet access, the Wifi performance are quickly decreasing until just quite unavailable... But if the dongle is hooked in a USB powered HUB everything is OK and particularily with the tiny EDIMAX 7811un.

Preventing the WIFI from USB performance decrease may be fixed in the BIOS?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

EDIT:

I followed @sakoula's guide on page 21 without downloading kexts and used clover.xiaomi.4392.20180129.zip folder as EFI.

It works and I can boot and use macOS normally, but with a few problems.

First it doesn't shutdown properly, when I click shut down it shows texts as -v and stops at systemwillshutdown then hangs.

Screensavers don't work, they are glitched, even as preview they are glitched as hell.

Launchpad is laggy and refreshes by blocks of lines, welcome screen refreshes numerous times (same block effect) and iTunes has some glitches at the top.

Audio works fine, at max it's a bit distorted, brightness doesnt work, bluetooth doesn't work even if it's VMware based download.

got some fixes?

Can someone help me out? (installation hang + kec.corecrypto)

Spoiler

I downloaded macos using the patch tool (high sierra 13.6.02) on el capitan vmware, then formatted and installed on the usb via terminal.

then I installed Clover, using uefi only, clover esp, themes, drivers64uefi, rc scripts target volume.

Finally I copied all 2.1 filespack files on the EFI partition.

But I can't manage to start the installer, it gets stuck just after kec.corecrypto when it automatically restarts without launching the installer.

I tried with fakeid 0x123456789 but nada, then tried in pci options to enable both USB ownership and injection, but still nothing

My machine is i5 6200u 940mx BIOS A07 with standard nvme on windows and 120gb wd green for macos.

Any ideas why it's happening?

I uploaded my EFI and screenshot

Im new to this :)

thanks!

Screenshot_20180726-182452~2.png

EFI.zip

Edited by IS06DMX
Installation successful

On 7/26/2018 at 9:47 PM, IS06DMX said:

EDIT:

I followed @sakoula's guide on page 21 without downloading kexts and used clover.xiaomi.4392.20180129.zip folder as EFI.

It works and I can boot and use macOS normally, but with a few problems.

First it doesn't shutdown properly, when I click shut down it shows texts as -v and stops at systemwillshutdown then hangs. 

Screensavers don't work, they are glitched, even as preview they are glitched as hell.

Launchpad is laggy and refreshes by blocks of lines, welcome screen refreshes numerous times (same block effect) and iTunes has some glitches at the top.

Audio works fine, at max it's a bit distorted, brightness doesnt work, bluetooth doesn't work even if it's VMware based download.

got some fixes?

Can someone help me out? (installation hang + kec.corecrypto)

Hide contents

I downloaded macos using the patch tool (high sierra 13.6.02) on el capitan vmware, then formatted and installed on the usb via terminal.

then I installed Clover, using uefi only, clover esp, themes, drivers64uefi, rc scripts target volume.

Finally I copied all 2.1 filespack files on the EFI partition.

But I can't manage to start the installer, it gets stuck just after kec.corecrypto when it automatically restarts without launching the installer.

I tried with fakeid 0x123456789 but nada, then tried in pci options to enable both USB ownership and injection, but still nothing

My machine is i5 6200u 940mx BIOS A07 with standard nvme on windows and 120gb wd green for macos.

Any ideas why it's happening?

I uploaded my EFI and screenshot

Im new to this :)

thanks!

Screenshot_20180726-182452~2.png

EFI.zip

If your launchpad is laggy and the screensaver work with glitches seeems that not has graphic acceleration. See on "About this Mac" the graphic memory.

About shutdown, yes, not fix yet. At lest I've not found the patch.

@Elijah no new updates for 10.13.6 or 10.14? :P Really thanks for your job

Edited by dpunx