[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

press f4 in clover boot screen, files generated in clover/acpi/origin, extract one Ioreg too

attachicon.gifIORegistryExplorer.app.zip

Hello carioca,

Thanx a lot for supplying help!

Yesterday i successfully upgraded my A05 Bios to A06 and after disabled Security lock...

Now i'm again able to Boot in Clover from the USB stick but it's still the same punishment quite at the end of the progressbar of the black screen with the Apple...

AMFILoad TrustedKeys from NVRAM: failed getting NVRAM?

MacOs version not yet set?

I have hit F4 on the Clover startup screen and i will check if i can retrieve some critical information.

regards

• Like 1

Hello carioca,

Thanx a lot for supplying help!

Yesterday i successfully upgraded my A05 Bios to A06 and after disabled Security lock...

Now i'm again able to Boot in Clover from the USB stick but it's still the same punishment quite at the end of the progressbar of the black screen with the Apple...

AMFILoad TrustedKeys from NVRAM: failed getting NVRAM?

MacOs version not yet set?

I have hit F4 on the Clover startup screen and i will check if i can retrieve some critical information.

regards

go to my topic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321872-guide-sierra-on-gigabyte-mobos-serie-200-kabylake-dsdt/

post files there

here is for 6th generation

Hi everyone!

Here is my CLOVER directory.

Modifications that I made relatively to original files pack:

1. Renamed CLOVER/kexts/10.13 -> CLOVER/kexts/Other

2. Copied DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext and MiNote13-FrequenciesInjector-MPB13.1-I56200U.kext into kexts/Other directory

3. Generated serial numbers in SMBIOS. In attached config they are empty, you need to generate your own! 

Hello, can i use the previous serials that worked in Sierra? Or is it mandatory to generate new serials with Clover Config Kylon?

Also i cannot take any screenshots to have the logfiles in the misc folder?

Hi, guys. I would like to begin with the customary newbie apology. I am new here and I do my best to follow rules. If I don't yet, please excuse. I mean well. 

These are my specs, A06 BIOS version. 

ProcessorIntel Core i5-6200U

Graphics adapterNVIDIA GeForce 940MX - 1024 MB, GDDR5, Nvidia Driver 369.09
Memory8192 MB  
, DDR4 2133 MHz, single-channel, firmly fitted
Display13.3 inch 16:9, 1920 x 1080 pixel 166 PPI, Samsung LTN133HL09-M01, IPS, glossy: yes
MainboardIntel Skylake-U Premium PCH
StorageSamsung PM951 NVMe MZVLV256, 256 GB  

I downloaded the pack, and followed the instructions without success. I always get stuck at the lines
@kec.pthread 1
@kec.corecrypto  1.0 
attempting system restart
And here the machine returns to Clover, endlessly. I did some reading on the net and it seems a video problem. 

Incidentally, there is one point where I am not sure I followed instruction correctly. The Readme says "add serial numbers to the smbios", in the plural. I can find and did set one, but I cannot see others. 

Thanks. 

Hi there sorry if it's a long time I don't write here...

I check'd 2.1 Pack's download and it's working...

Btw...

to keep the thread clean please ask a specific thread for the 2017 version of the Xiaomi Mi Notebook cause that's a completely different machine with different hardware!

Carlang59 I suggest you to create a thread for this purpose and post your Efi on the download section!

Thanks guys!

1. High Sierra supports NVME but you can't easily install macOS on a partition without reformatting the drive.

2. macOS can see Windows drive in read-only mode

Windows cannot see macOS drives.

Have fun!

Hello Claudes,

I'm very very very disappointed since you discard all my queries... Please let me know why this frenchbashing?

Sorry but i have no fun at all since the {censored} hits the fan and it drives me crazy!

Hello,

So, the 2.1 zip for high sierra simply it does not work as it is. Also it is not anymore available for download. Here is what I did and I managed to successfully install High Sierra 10.13.3 :

I have a 2016 Mi NoteBook 13.3 (Bios vers A05) and a Samsung 850 Evo Series, 500GB M.2 SSD (MZ-N5E500BW) which I have installed on the spare port. I have not experimented with installing the OS on the NVMe disk. Also I did not install the OS with apfs but with hfs+ just to be on the safe side.

Steps:

1. created a usb stick with 10.13.3

2. Downloaded Clover_v2.4k_r4392 and installed it on the USB stick with the options:

```

* `Install for UEFI booting only`
* `Install Clover in the ESP`
* `Drivers64UEDI > OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi`
* `Drivers64UEDI > OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi`

```

3. Downloaded the following kexts

```

* Lilu.kext: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/lilu/downloads/

* IntelGraphicsFixup.kext: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/intelgraphicsfixup/downloads/

* IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/intelgraphicsdvmtfixup/downloads/RehabMan-IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup-2017-1015.zip

* DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext: from the 2.1 zip
* AppleALC.kext: from the 2.1 zip
* XiaominjectXHC.kext: from the 2.1 zip

```

4. I deleted in the 'EFI/CLOVER/kexts' all the directories but Other and copied all the kexts from step 3. to the  'EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other'

5. I copied all the patched ACPI from 2.1 to the '/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched'

6. Finally I used the 2.1 config.plist

7. When booting make sure you boot with the Fakeid of 0x123456789 as it is shown in the first post of this thread.

By using this procedure you can install the 10.13.3. Still I am having issues with the audio and other things, I will write a more detailed guide when I am up and running.

@Claudes: Really appreciate the the great work you have done but please reply on the posts. The 2.0 and 2.1 versions do not work as they are with the later versions of clover.

I attach the EFI/CLOVER directory that worked for me.

sakoula

clover.xiaomi.4392.zip

• Like 3

I would like to post some feedback.
Sakoula’s instructions work fine. (Thanks!!).
HS installs correctly.
If you, like me, do not see your new Mac OS among the boot options at first boot, like me you forgot to choose HFS+ instead of APFS.
In that case, download the apfs.efi kext and add it in the correct folder of the efi folder. I don’t have the machine with me so better check the path.

Hello,

So, the 2.1 zip for high sierra simply it does not work as it is. Also it is not anymore available for download. Here is what I did and I managed to successfully install High Sierra 10.13.3 :

I have a 2016 Mi NoteBook 13.3 (Bios vers A05) and a Samsung 850 Evo Series, 500GB M.2 SSD (MZ-N5E500BW) which I have installed on the spare port. I have not experimented with installing the OS on the NVMe disk. Also I did not install the OS with apfs but with hfs+ just to be on the safe side.

Steps:

1. created a usb stick with 10.13.3

2. Downloaded Clover_v2.4k_r4392 and installed it on the USB stick with the options:

```

* `Install for UEFI booting only`
* `Install Clover in the ESP`
* `Drivers64UEDI > OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi`
* `Drivers64UEDI > OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi`

```

3. Downloaded the following kexts

```

* Lilu.kext: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/lilu/downloads/

* IntelGraphicsFixup.kext: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/intelgraphicsfixup/downloads/

* IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/intelgraphicsdvmtfixup/downloads/RehabMan-IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup-2017-1015.zip

* DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext: from the 2.1 zip
* XiaominjectXHC.kext: from the 2.1 zip

```

4. I deleted in the 'EFI/CLOVER/kexts' all the directories but Other and copied all the kexts from step 3. to the  'EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other'

5. I copied all the patched ACPI from 2.1 to the '/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched'

6. Finally I used the 2.1 config.plist

7. When booting make sure you boot with the Fakeid of 0x123456789 as it is shown in the first post of this thread.

By using this procedure you can install the 10.13.3. Still I am having issues with the audio and other things, I will write a more detailed guide when I am up and running.

@Claudes: Really appreciate the the great work you have done but please reply on the posts. The 2.0 and 2.1 versions do not work as they are with the later versions of clover.

I attach the EFI/CLOVER directory that worked for me.

sakoula

Hello Sakoula & Urashimataro,

Thank you very much for your very kind friendly cooperation.

I will report as soon as i get success with your updated recipe...

formerly with Claudes'recipe the progress bar went till the end of the instal progress and then it crashes with a dead screen. To get out from death i had to push the Power BTN until restart which is not SAFE at all but no any other Cmds could Restart safely...

I want to instal HS with APFS to get access to the NVMe Windows drive, so i let the APFS.kext inside the UEFI drivers.

I'm crossing fingers checking if it works, but the instal progress takes a lot of time...

Please recheck your hardware against mine.

If it is the same, it’s likely you forgot a step. Worked smoothly for me.

Try I also the folder he sent as it is. . I tested that too.

Also, I used The latest version of Cloverconfigurator vibrant. That may make a difference

hello urashimataro,

ALIGATO GOSAIMASU!

;-)

After comparing the config.plist with the one supplied by sakoula i discover that mine was incomplete lacking the board serial and firmware number...

Shall i use exactly the same or shall i generate a new serial or simply reuse my previous working serial?

You are a nice guy since you provide support at supersonic concord speed!

This is highly appreciated after suffering a general cold turkey behavior on this website.

With the sakoula's config.plist the startup progress bar stops after 15"

so i put back my blessed serial but the punishment remains the same/ progress bar interrupted after about 15" and reboot on Windows...

I have the same hardware than yours...

Thanx again for your nice assistance

Hello sakoula,

FIRST OF ALL MANY THANX FOR YOUR HELP!

My Hardware is 2016 with an updated BIOS from A05 to A06.

Until now i'm unable to take screenshots within CLOVER.

I use your config.plist with just my previous working serial number as a mod done.

As recommended by urashimataro i upgraded Clover to the latest available.

@bergui45, all the kudos should go to Claudes/Elijah/Jahstories, RehabMan and MaLd0n, I am just repackaging drivers :)

So I have created a zip for the clover directory that includes:

1. the apfs.efi driver

2. latest CodecCommander.kext

3. latest AppleALC.kext which enables audio

I have added the -v on the boot options of clover, so you will see exactly why your machine is rebooting (you will not see the apple logo but the actual logs).

Please try to describe it the best you can or even better try to get a video (make sure it is clear) of what is going on.

For the SMBIOS serial: Do not update the serial. Just use the config.plist (which has the serial) that I attach in the .zip file. You can update the serial later do not worry about it now.

I assume that you are trying to install OSX on the included NVME drive right? (I assume it should work although I have read various incompatibilities about nvme drivers)

Let us know how it will go.

sakoula

clover.xiaomi.4392.20180129.zip

• Like 1

Hello sakoula,

My Xiaomi laptop 13" has 2 SSD inside: the NVMe with Windows on it and the SATA Crucial MX300 where was the previous MacOs Sierra, but now erased...

So be aware that i only need High Sierra installed on the SATA Crucial disk...

So OK i will use your unmodified config.plist

Thanx for your kind support

I am using a 2016 model, A06 firmware, crucial 275Gb SSD.

how about your log?

Also, noted that the packages has been downloaded six times. You’re the only one writing, so it is safe to say the package does work. I say this to not to criticize, but as info.

Hello sakoula,

My Xiaomi laptop 13" has 2 SSD inside: the NVMe with Windows on it and the SATA Crucial MX300 where was the previous MacOs Sierra, but now erased...

So be aware that i only need High Sierra installed on the SATA Crucial disk...

Hello,

So you have the same case as me. I think that the 2.1 zip does not work because of the kexts (they are older versions). So make sure:

1. install clover version 4392 with the options that I wrote in the previous post

2. copy the CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory from my zip

3. copy CLOVER/kexts/Other directory from my zip (or download and install the latest version for each driver)

4.  copy CLOVER/drivers64UEFI from my zip (make sure you have HFSPlus.efi and apfs.efi)

5. use the config.plist from my zip

What are the contents of the CLOVER/ACPI directory.

Also please use my config.plist . I am not using those serials. How did you add the serials? I am using the clover configurator.

Before getting the ACPI error at what stage was your boot? Can you see something that was on your screen for some seconds before you got the kernel panic?

It's really hell since first all my previous attempts to take a screenshot of the mess i get are useless since nothing work like F10?

Then i used my MI6 phone to take a picture of the Clover Boot screen but the hell is now i cannot anymore send the picture as an attached file to an email.

I only have the silly choice to send to messenger, Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook....

Holy sh...

The ACPI folder is yours simply copy/pasted to Clover...

Our sharing information is useless as longer i cannot simply add a screenshot...

I may use a config.plist editor to write back my previous blessed serial number...

Anyway THANX A LOT for your kind assistance and patience

When editing your config.plist  i did not get an accurate one but instead a faulty one with crazy BIOS date such 2010??? and so on...