[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

Hi Bergui45.

I am sorry to say that There is nothing more in which I can help you. I’m very new here, just a couple days.

I have no idea whatsoever of what your problem maybe.

Maybe with Sakoula’s help?

Let’s ask the four people besides me and you who downloaded the back. How did you fare? Do you have anything to say?

I assume that you boot using FakeID 0x123456789 , right?

You have installed clover using the options that I have posted in the previous posted right?

```

* `Install for UEFI booting only`
* `Install Clover in the ESP`
* `Drivers64UEDI > OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi`
* `Drivers64UEDI > OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi`

```

Make sure that you have the same files as in the zip file. No more no less.

Also please try to build the usb stick from scratch. Make an HS stick and then install clover.

sakoula

I assume that you boot using FakeID 0x123456789 , right?

You have installed clover using the options that I have posted in the previous posted right?

```

* `Install for UEFI booting only`
* `Install Clover in the ESP`
* `Drivers64UEDI > OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi`

```

Make sure that you have the same files as in the zip file. No more no less.

Also please try to build the usb stick from scratch. Make an HS stick and then install clover.

sakoula

hello,

I have tried my USB stick on my real MacBookPro 15" and it works flawlessly!

You said * `Drivers64UEDI > OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi`

only these 2 inside Drivers64UEFI?
PLEASE Let me know how do you take a screen shot from the Clover window?

no there are a lot more, but on the installation gui these are the only onces you should select. You can always use the zip file and overwrite the clover directory with the one I attached.

there is no way (to the best of my knowledge) to get the log out of clover other than taking a photo or a video.

I am pretty positive since we are having the same hardware that you are not doing something right in the process.

Can you let me know how exactly you configure the usb stick and configure the clover. please be detailed.

sakoula

hello Sakoula again,

;-)

I installed CLOVER to the EFI of the USB stick for a UEFI only mob...

sorry but I fear not well understanding what to fiddle on the installation gui?

where i'm expected to select only * `Drivers64UEDI >-64.efi`

* `Drivers64UEDI > OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi`OsxAptioFix2Drv
PLEASE tell me exactly what to do because in my DriversUEFI i have a big family: apfs.efi and 10 more...

Using Clover configurator the only way to modify UEFI drivers is download drivers, so i put both the recommended drivers

OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

I'm waiting your approval before test this improvised mod...

Hi bergui45

1. format (reinitialize) the usb stick

2. install high sierra 10.13.3 on it

3. download clover `Clover_v2.4k_r4392`

4. install clover as in the attached screenshots

5. mount the EFI partition of the stick

6. delete EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and copy that file from my provided zip

7. delete EFI/CLOVER/ACPI and copy this directory over from my provided zip

8. delete EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and copy this directory over from my provided zip

9. delete EFI/CLOVER/kexts and copy this directory over from my provided zip

10. boot with the stick

12. on the clover boot screen goto Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID: 0x123456789 

13. go back to the main screen boot and report back

These steps worked for me on my laptop. The only difference that I have the BIOS version (I have A05). However urashimataro has A06 as you and it worked for him.

sakoula 

post-787665-0-62438400-1517384375_thumb.png

post-787665-0-78576100-1517384383_thumb.png

Hi bergui45

1. format (reinitialize) the usb stick

2. install high sierra 10.13.3 on it

3. download clover `Clover_v2.4k_r4392`

4. install clover as in the attached screenshots

5. mount the EFI partition of the stick

6. delete EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and copy that file from my provided zip

7. delete EFI/CLOVER/ACPI and copy this directory over from my provided zip

8. delete EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and copy this directory over from my provided zip

9. delete EFI/CLOVER/kexts and copy this directory over from my provided zip

10. boot with the stick

12. on the clover boot screen goto Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID: 0x123456789 

13. go back to the main screen boot and report back

These steps worked for me on my laptop. The only difference that I have the BIOS version (I have A05). However urashimataro has A06 as you and it worked for him.

sakoula 

You said from my provided zip? but i cannot find it ? is it this folder clover.xiaomi.4392.zip?

that config.plist includes a -v toggle. you should not see an apple but the full log instead.

also I assume that you have used the fakeid right?

just another idea, please try a different USB stick

that config.plist includes a -v toggle. you should not see an apple but the full log instead.

also I assume that you have used the fakeid right?

just another idea, please try a different USB stick

hello sakoula,

I spent hours trying to build a second USB stick using Terminal cmd but nothing worked...

I think there were to many attempts to build a USB Stick on my MBPro 15"...

Yes i do not understand why having a -v toggle i only have the fuc...g apple icon either...`

Of course i choose fake ID

The Hell is i have to hit the Power BTN to restart the machine since no cmd key let me go out the frozen machine...

The USB stick i used, had successfully worked on the MBPro installing HS on a Sandisk 100 Gigas SSD, that's the reason why i trust this USB Kingston 32 GO stick with a retractable pin.

just another idea...

I use MacDrive10 on the PC side to get full access on the Sata Mac Disk...

Maybe have  I to disable MacDrive before attempting HS installation?

Anyway i will try next attempt...

Hello, bergui45, I am out of ideas. Later tonight I will try again from scratch on my laptop the procedure that you are following (rebuild everything and use my zip) to see if there is something different. One issue may be the BIOS version. I will report back.

I do not follow. Why are you using MacDrive since you do not have 10.13 installed?

sakoula

Hello dear sakoula,

Bear in mind that i was on Sierra for about 9 months so MacDrive was " a must have"

urashimataro had success with the same hardware than mine + BIOS AO6!

My next attempt will be with MacDrive disabled

Hello MaldOn,

My Xiaomi laptop 13 has Skylake i5 but not the kabylake and a 940 NVIDIA instead of a 150...

hello MaldOn,

Thanx  for your help but your prescription is useless since i have no access to High Sierra yet because the installer cannot finish the installation...

I have exactly the same hardware than urashimataro with Bios AO6...

Please Sakoula don't give up trying a helpful fix

hello,

@MaLd0n you are right, however the USB stick boots my computer.

@bergui45 I attach a new zip, built it from scratch, it works for me. place the zip on the same directory as CLOVER, remove CLOVER and double click it to extract. Boot with it. Please report with a better photo. With a slow usb2 stick it takes about 2-3 minutes to get to the installer. Try using the FAKEID and if this does not work try NOT USING the FAKEID =. I managed to launch the install either using the FAKE ID or NOT with 10.13.3 and 4392 version of clover. Explain with details all the steps that you are doing exactly how you are doing them and what you see on screen with as many details as you can. If the problem persists LEAVE only the following kexts on kexts/Other and try again:

* FakeSMC.kext

* Lilu.kext

* IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

* IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext

* XiaominjectXHC.kext

* VoodooPS2Controller.kext

In order to help you please describe exactly all the steps that you are doing, how you are installing clover etc. I do not have a clear understanding on how you are doing things. 

sakoula

clover.xiaomi.4392.20180201.zip

• Like 1

post-2077932-0-23958400-1517563629_thumb.jpgpost-2077932-0-23958400-1517563629_thumb.jpghello Sakoula,

with your recent Clover.zip i still have the same mess!

post-2077932-0-73766900-1517564534_thumb.jpg

with a shrinked  "other" kext folder as recommended it doesn't work any better:

DID NOT FIND A USABLE MAC ADDRESS FOR ENTITY ID

holy sh...

ohhh

is a inject kexts problem, u dont need it for installation, only after install, remove applealc, etc

only mandatory kexts for install is fakesmc

Hello MaLdOn,

Do you have any idea how to fix the DID NOT FIND A USABLE MAC ADDRESS FOR ENTITY ID?

when i try to create from scratch a new USB stick with TERMINAL it' also NO WAY with CMD NOT FOUND!

Last login: Fri Feb  2 11:09:56 on ttys000

MacBook-Pro-de-BG:~ babaorum$ sudo /Applications/Installer\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/clemacos --applicationpath /Applications/Installer\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction &&say Done

Password:

sudo: /Applications/Installer macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found

MacBook-Pro-de-BG:~ babaorum$

Hi,

Booting in YOSEMITE on the spare HD of my MBPro15 mid 2012 it was very easy to create the High Sierra instal USB key with TERMINAL and the same Cmd line, that was IMPOSSIBLE when booting from the SSD on High Sierra on the same MBPro15...

So next morning, i will instal CLOVER on it and check if it works better than with my previous USB Stick...