[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

3 days ago the screen of the laptop is not working, however I can use the computer using the monitor with hdmi, I did not update anything and I didn't touch anything, the computer works great with no issues but the one I specified earlier, how can I fix it? (Screen is working in Windows)

Thanks

Hi i found this  page http://www.zdnet.de/88283562/installation-von-macos-10-12-sierra-auf-xiaomi-mi-notebook-air-12-5/

Someone can make a guide in english?

Ora can you make with copycat a image disk of your hardrive ?

I have 500 gb of pCloud if are necessary for sharing a disk image of a OS X for mi notebook air

Hi guys,

3 days ago the screen of the laptop is not working, however I can use the computer using the monitor with hdmi, I did not update anything and I didn't touch anything, the computer works great with no issues but the one I specified earlier, how can I fix it? (Screen is working in Windows)

Thanks

I fixed!, somehow the system turned the brightness of the built-in display to 0% (it was working injecting graphics) , I tried to reinstall the kext without success , the problem is that brightness controls (Keyboard or with system preferences) do not work in my hackintosh so I had to install this and change the brightness to 1 using the terminal.

https://github.com/nriley/brightness

• Like 1

@fpdesigner: it's about the 12,5 inches one, this topic is about the thirteen. However I remember having seen this article translated in English (search for 12,5 inches xiaomi hackintosh with trackpad... you should be able to find it (maybe passing through one forum). [EDIT]; Well, I can't find it anymore...strange

@Luizsoft: You should not care about the MAC_OS_X folder... (As long as I can remember); if you are not a lot familiar with hackintosh you should read the guide and all this topic (yeah..long but some of your problems might have already a solution here) carefully (that's one is often problematic ^^). Hoping you already have done your hackintosh without problems (since the time ^^). I think with summer and all.. messages took some times to be answered. ; ) 

• Like 1

bios A07 is outhere already. The xiaomi I bought came with this bios installed. 

Due this (I guess), neither brightness settings nor HDMI are working. 

Please, upload the files with DSDT files updated!

Thanks! You are doing an amazing job. This is an amazing hackintosh anyway

Hi everyone,

This will be my first hackintosh and so I am still very new to everything.

Please can someone help me by providing some more detail in the instructions as I still haven't been able to create a bootable USB yet. I have read through the whole forum and can't find much more detail about how to get started.

Thank you all for your help in advance.

Hi everyone,

This will be my first hackintosh and so I am still very new to everything.

Please can someone help me by providing some more detail in the instructions as I still haven't been able to create a bootable USB yet. I have read through the whole forum and can't find much more detail about how to get started.

Thank you all for your help in advance.

You need another MacOS system from which u run the clover installer. After that you'll just have to copy the filepack's content to the EFI folder on the usb drive. Search Clover usb installation on google for further instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank's for your reply.

I have made some progress but now when I try to install os x I get a no entry sign and then 10 seconds later my xiaomi turns off.

I am using a MacBook Pro 13,1 running 10.12.6 and am using the 10.12.6 installer, but I was wondering does it have to be 10.12.2 or am I ok to use 10.12.6?

Hi Chrisrorr, I've got a bit further by changing the product name in SMBIOS (in the clover options) from MacBookPro13,1 to iMac14,2 but when I get into the installer it doesn't see the internal SSD.

edit: I'm not really sure what I'm doing, just trying to figure it out, do you know what to do with the DisplayProductID-1447 file?

Hi Chrisrorr, I've got a bit further by changing the product name in SMBIOS (in the clover options) from MacBookPro13,1 to iMac14,2 but when I get into the installer it doesn't see the internal SSD.

edit: I'm not really sure what I'm doing, just trying to figure it out, do you know what to do with the DisplayProductID-1447 file?

NVMe is not supported. There is a method to get it working, but I would recommend you adding a Sata SSD in the second slot.

It should boot with MacbookPro13,1

Dit you copy all files, and edited serial number?

Thank's for your reply.

I have made some progress but now when I try to install os x I get a no entry sign and then 10 seconds later my xiaomi turns off.

I am using a MacBook Pro 13,1 running 10.12.6 and am using the 10.12.6 installer, but I was wondering does it have to be 10.12.2 or am I ok to use 10.12.6?

Make a bootable USB using another hackintosh or mac.

1. I made my USB using (censored) (not supported on Insanelymac, but you can also use terminal and after that Clover).

2. copy and pase files to the EFI folder.

3. Edit SMBIOS

4. Change bios settings laptop. To disable Secure boot you need to add a password, and use UEFI boot.

5. Put in USB

6. Start up laptop

7. In clover change to a Fake ID

8. boot installation

9. Install OS x

10. Install kexts.

• Like 1

Hi goodmoring1234,

I have followed your steps but I still get the prohibition sign. When using verbose it says "This version of Mac os x is not supported on this platform. Then it says reason "Mac-" which I can see is my board ID in the SMBIOS

I have a few thoughts about why this might be:

I am using 10.12.6 but the OP used 10.12.2

My Config.plst / SMBIOS is wrong. I have attached an image and would be grateful if you could verify it's correct.

I've also noticed that on the Graphics Injector page my platform ID is 1916000 and yet the OP's is 1916002

Many thanks for your help :)

I'm currently on my phone, so I can't check your config.plist file, but I'm currently also using 10.12.6 on my Mi air 13.

Did you add the attached config.plist file to your EFI folder?

Then you only need to make sure there is a fake serial number which you can shake in Clover configurator.

UPDATE: I have now managed to install OS X.

The fix came from AlbertAlpha on page 9 of the forum. There was no Board ID in my config.plist so I used clover configurator to change board id to Mac-473D31EABEB93F9B.

I may make a full video on installation as i believe the installation process is not to difficult if you know all the steps.

I am having trouble installing the  AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext.

​I have followed the instructions installing the temporary kext first with a fake ID using EasyKext Pro , rebooting then installing the kext without a fake ID. However, I still get UI stutters and lags.

Furthermore, when I type sudo kextcache -I / in terminal I get:

AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext is not valid; omitting.

Any ideas?

I am thinking of installing OS X 10.12.3

I have found a link for this at "Removed"
Which was referred to me by "Removed"

My question is does anyone know of anyway to check the download is safe/legit or does anyone have another download link they are willing to share?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by gengik84
These download links are not allowed

Hello I have a question about FN key to adjust brightness.

I want to find what key to control the brightness but I cant found it with ACPIDebug and related DSDT patch.

I have found Q52 and Q53 in SSDT-0 and our laptop have KBD0 key to control the brightness but when I wrote a SSDT but it still don't work.

Hi all,

I successfully installed sierra with the guide and filepack 2.0. Updated to 10.12.6 and got most things working.
Still not working for me is backlight dimming (i did install the intelbacklight kext and enabled AddPNLF_10000000, still nothing) and wakeup from sleep(screen stays black). Also, i use a rt8192eu usb wifi stick, which doesn't seem to support wpa2-enterprise connections, though i'm not sure if thats a sierra thing.
Any Pointers on how to fix any of this?

my config.plist:
https://pastebin.com/VGmzF01w

Hi all,

I successfully installed sierra with the guide and filepack 2.0. Updated to 10.12.6 and got most things working.

Still not working for me is backlight dimming (i did install the intelbacklight kext and enabled AddPNLF_10000000, still nothing) and wakeup from sleep(screen stays black). Also, i use a rt8192eu usb wifi stick, which doesn't seem to support wpa2-enterprise connections, though i'm not sure if thats a sierra thing.

Any Pointers on how to fix any of this?

my config.plist:

https://pastebin.com/VGmzF01w

I don't think the intel backlight kext works with the newer versions of sierra. One solution to gain some control over brightness is to remove the intel backlight kext, however, you still don't get the same degree of control over brightness as you would in windows. But it's better than nothing!

• Like 1