Titan NVidia 10.4.8 drivers released!

Simania_NL

77 posts in this topic

... and the new jas 10.4.8 can't be boot to gui using mx440..

Now there's news us with mx440 cards wanted to hear...lol! Oh well..that's what it is when you are involved in a hobby...spending money ....trial and error.

But by the time I go out and buy all the stuff required just to run this...I might as well buy a new mac.

It works like a charm with my AMD64 Venice 3200+ and GeForce 6200 TC :D

Sherry Haibara

how the @@@@ it works like a charm in AMD64???

which from ALL the methods out there did you use to load the titan with full QE/CI ON AMD?

what mobo you have?

what ISO did you use?

did you installed the 8.8.1 mac_kernel?

which kernel???(semthex,mifki's .. ..)

what other files did you replace?

what files did you keep?

did you uses this method http://paste.uni.cc/11382 ?

what what what what...

don't just say it works like a charm...ON AMD .cause its not easy like that

answer well cause i will come with more questions :D

:D

*i started the 4november JAS 10.4.8 download(correct iso) and im gonna w8 for ppf patches

all this become big confusion with everyone suggest different methods.

i don't blame noone..this happens because we cant all have the SAME HARDWARE

Can someone please help me...

I have followed the directions exactly and I have a BFG 6600GT and I am just getting the can't intialize error when I boot up.

(the driver is not being used and still @ 1024 with massive roll over on my screen)

Here is what I did step by step

Put titan in /System/Library/Extensions/

Correct permissions following this:

sudo chown -R root:wheel Titan.kext (giving error in terminal see bottom of this post)

sudo chmod -R 755 Titan.kext (giving error in terminal see bottom of this post)

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extension.kextcache (giving no errors)

sync

(now I used diskutilty in utilities to repair the disk. I have also tried Diskutil repairPermissions /System as well in terminal but that has not helped either.) The only time I recieve errors is this

If i only type "sudo chown -R root:wheel Titan.kext" or "sudo chmod -R 775 Titan.kext" It will say file does not exist. However I have added /System/Library/Extensions/Titan.kext instead and that gives no errors.

I have everything else up and running but this :gathering: (go figure)

TIA to anyone who is willing to help :)

I'll answer to your questions, spanakorizo ;)

which from ALL the methods out there did you use to load the titan with full QE/CI ON AMD?

I just installed it placing the kext in the Extensions folder end rebuilding the kextcache ;)

what mobo you have?

ASUS A8V-E Deluxe.

what ISO did you use?

I just had a Test partition with 10.4.7 installed, so I simply downloaded the official Apple's Update and then follow this method: http://paste.uni.cc/11382.

Did you installed the 8.8.1 mach_kernel?

Of course I did :D

Which kernel?

Just used an internal, top-secret build of semthex kernel with full AMD support (t8-rc12).

What other files did you replace?

As I said, I used this method. So I just replaced:

- IOATAFamily

- AppleSMBIOS

- All the kexts inside the "OldKext" folder

- The mach_kernel

- Decrypted files

Sherry Haibara

Sherry Haibara this method works for many ppl

thats what i thought about you but i wanted to ask

your answer was wise,i will let you live ;)

hmmm

we have the same mobo and same cpu (almost...)

mine:

ASUS A8V DELUXE

AMD64 3000

so its gonna work for me either

send me an IDE 20gb disk cause i want to try it :whistle:

i've downloaded everything,prepared all the files

but i dont have any IDE disk to check it besides my XP disks

and im not gonna mess with partitions..again! (almost lose all my real data some weeks ago)

i only have an old 4,5 IDE disk for full testing installations of OSX

but i guess i gonna call some friend to give me

one more question:

what was your original OSX when you started this method?

i found out that goatsecx 10.4.6 works everything in my system (yours too i guess) and i want to start on this

i have JaS 10.4.7 also but i had problems and removed it (mono sound,about mac crash,no volume slider..)

last question now..really :D

because we have the same mobo...does your sata works? (the only thing does not on me)

reply on the last in pm plz cause we'llgo offtopic

I tried to make titan work on my machine...

AMD 3000+ 64, on MSI K8N Neo4 (7125), MSI Nvidia 6800GT.

I install 10.4.6 Goatsec dvd and update (without 10.4.7update) with Jas 10.4.8 Jas SSE3 update ...

then run titan and could not bootup.... :D

stop when loginaplication window start... then hangs...

what to do pls?

I believe that in my case is problem somewhere between a chair and keyboard....:)

i confirm, the method of coolbits works with AMD 8.4.1 kernel.

but i have a problem, it run with my old CRT 17" but not with my LCD 20" wide. :s

when i start my PC, i have two screens working but when the boot finished my LCD switch off.

edit: just change DVI port and it works! :wallbash:

JaS Mac OS X 10.4.6 x86 Install DVD

JaS 10.4.8 AMDS SSE3 Only Combo Update

i need to update to 8.8.1 kernel in text mode... could someone to write step by step how to?

i didi it ... google rulz

but wont load... bad mach_kernel.... argh:(

... so i am going to wait for install dvd for amd sse3 with kernel 8.8.1

Is my kernel/OSX install okay ?

I installed using the 10.4.7 Original Server RC1 (It was patched by JaS and some other fellow) from Demonoid and than updated to 10.4.8 using JaS.10.4.8.Update.Intel.Only.

I'm just wondering if I will have to change my kernel to be able to use this or do something else, thanks. I've been dying to have CI/QE. D:

Also, what's the chance of killing my install ? After I finally got it all working (No IDE on this mobo) I have it set up nicely with everything I want, etc and I can't currently back it up so I don't want to have to reinstall. :x

Here are my other specs if useful:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

2x512MB DDR2 667MHZ GEiL RAM in dual channel

GA-965P-S3 /w the F6 bios

Asus Nvidia 7600GT 256MB PCI-X

200GB SATA HDD as disk 0 with XP

80GB SATA HDD as disk 1 to have OSX86

Also, what's the chance of killing my install ? After I finally got it all working (No IDE on this mobo) I have it set up nicely with everything I want, etc and I can't currently back it up so I don't want to have to reinstall. :x

If it's the SSE2 patch you should be all set to go. The chances of ruining your install are actually zero. If Titan.kext won't work for you simply boot in single user mode (bootup using -s) and do sudo rm -F /System/Library/Extensions/Titan.kext

That would delete Titan, and let your booting continue..

Is my kernel/OSX install okay ?

I installed using the 10.4.7 Original Server RC1 (It was patched by JaS and some other fellow) from Demonoid and than updated to 10.4.8 using JaS.10.4.8.Update.Intel.Only.

I'm just wondering if I will have to change my kernel to be able to use this or do something else, thanks. I've been dying to have CI/QE. D:

It's not necessary to have to 8.8.1 kernel, but in that case reports show that you only have resolution switching and 2D support, no QE/CI.

QE/CI support comes with the 8.8.1 kernel.

To get the new kernel search for a JaS 10.4.8 release, NO UPDATE!

• 2 weeks later...
It's not necessary to have to 8.8.1 kernel, but in that case reports show that you only have resolution switching and 2D support, no QE/CI.

QE/CI support comes with the 8.8.1 kernel.

To get the new kernel search for a JaS 10.4.8 release, NO UPDATE!

2D support? Are you sure?

I always thought that QE or CI was 2D. Do you mena that with 2D support it is accelerated? Would be nice even my sreensaver is a slideshow without accelration

• 2 weeks later...