[GUIDE] Run macOS Sierra on a Dell Latitude E6320

pepto

88 posts in this topic

That's not a widespread or general behaviour. It may simply be that your own system is fitted with its own DW7xx bluetooth module that clashes with your particular wireless card. Can't see why though. Never had such issue on any of my Dell laptop Hackintoshes... and I have a few and I've tested many different wireless cards!

I got the idea from this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319901-broadcom-bcm943224hms/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2344550 (although they seem to talk about the switch) but it worked for them too.

I was running Yosemite before and the 2 pieces of hardware worked fine together, but I was using a different kext (BCM5722D) at the time. So I think it's an issue with the Airport kext (AirPortBrcm4360), it may be missing a patch but I tried many things without success.

I followed this great tutorial and here are my notes to make things work:

- use Clover version 4049 or later instead of the older one provided in the zip file, and make sure this version is installed in the HDD EFI (step 15), otherwise the boot from HDD ends up with a black screen

- As per post #7, only patch needed is IOGraphicsFamily:

Find 0100007525

Replace by 010000EB25

- For wifi, I have installed a Broadcom BCM43224-HMS to replace the original Dell chip, the ID is 14e4:4353. It's supported natively by the OS as long as you define your machine to be a MacBook Air 5,2 in Clover (to conform with the white list set by Apple)

- Wifi will work fine only if you disable bluetooth in the BIOS, otherwise it keeps disconnecting/reconnecting every few seconds

Thanks for this, got the laptop working 100% by adding this patch unfortunatly the laptop died after so sending it back on ebay. Out of interest can I use the same usb and method if I buy the i7 version of the laptop?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

10.12.5 update has crashed all three of our 6320's. It goes to a black screen after the system loads, so i am assuming graphics drivers.

Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions on how to fix?

Exactly same here. Tried with the latest Clover version (currently 4077), with no joy. Any suggestions at all, please...

• 1 month later...

Hey there!

I´m kinda new to the hackintosh-stuff but have been reading for months with growing interest. A week ago I got my handy on a e6230 with i7 for very little money.

After some hard time recognizing one ram was faulty, I finally managed to get the machine working stable on win10.

I Just created an USB-Stick using the terminal on my original Mac. Installed the provided Clover as described and copied the EFI´s. BIOS settings as described. After starting install OSX in Clover Apple loading Screen just won´t finish. I´ve just tryed to update Bios to A11 and changed to the newest Clover version.

Nothing Changed.

Any other suggestions for me ? Shall I try Enoch ?

Thanks in Advance :)  Walter

PS: Great community here, regarding to what i´ve been reading though!

• 1 month later...

Archive.zipArchive.zipHi, I'm hoping someone can help me, I have a dell 6320 i5 8 gig men, I used this guide using clover v2.4 4200. used Herve's dsdt and Kmorope's config.plist and fitted a DW1510 for wireless lan, this guide with users feedback and help files has been excellent for a newbie like me ...... I do have 2 issues that I would love help on

1. webcam doesn't work , the light comes on but just a black screen

2. hdmi no sound , picture is great but no sound thru TV

I have attached files hoping that someone can take a peek and hopefully tell me where I've went wrong

Not all webcam are supported, check your fitted model. Sonix is no go, SunPlus works OOB.

Re: HDMI audio, you need to patch the SNB framebuffer to inject HDMI connector-type. Look herehere or here for details. The patch can be applied directly to the vanilla kext through a binary mod or or-the-fly through Clover. You'll probably want the latter.

many thanks Herve for your reply, unfortunately my cam is a Sonix, just bought 2 other webcams from a dell 6220 and 6430 on Ebay, hopefully one will be Sunplus .... i looked at the links for trying to fix the hdmi audio but found it really complicated for me, i was messing about with Audio Midi Setup and changed format to 8ch 16 - bit integer 96.0 khz and hdmi audio worked through my TV !!!!!! ....wooohoooooo

will let you know how i get on with other webcams soon

Many thanks again

many thanks Herve for your reply, unfortunately my cam is a Sonix, just bought 2 other webcams from a dell 6220 and 6430 on Ebay, hopefully one will be Sunplus .... i looked at the links for trying to fix the hdmi audio but found it really complicated for me, i was messing about with Audio Midi Setup and changed format to 8ch 16 - bit integer 96.0 khz and hdmi audio worked through my TV !!!!!! ....wooohoooooo

will let you know how i get on with other webcams soon

Many thanks again

the 6220 cam worked , everything works great ...... brilliant guide guys 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/16/2017 at 2:34 PM, elliothtosh said:

I have managed to get yosemite working on my Dell 6320 but I am unable to get Sierra working by doing everything in this guide to the letter and using both the included clover and the newest version.

The bootable usb starts fine but the loading bar will get to the end and the screen will go as attached with a blurred apple logo and loading bar across the screen.

I have tried so much including a solution on a different popular fourm where this happens in el captain but had no luck.

I am installing the final version of sierra 10.12.4 and my specs are exactly the same as the machine shown in this guide. Help would be so much appreciated!

post-2056490-0-30194600-1492367659_thumb.jpg

I'm also running into this issue as I attempt to install the latest version of Sierra. Did you ever figure out how to fix this issue?

Additionally, I have tried the newest version of Clover with and without copying the included EFI folder. Without the included folder, the loading bar does not move.

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2017 at 8:29 AM, gatos said:

Exactly same here. Tried with the latest Clover version (currently 4077), with no joy. Any suggestions at all, please...

did you guys found a solution for this? because I try to update to 10.12.6 and when it boots it stays in black screen and doesnt load!!!

please help me...I followed the guide word to word and did everything right but when I try to boot to the installer, it boots to about 3 quarters of the way then just hangs for a bit then this happens (see image)

please help me,

nathan

ps: I am using a Latitude E6320 with a 2nd gen i7, 8GB Ram, 128GB SSD and HD3000.

IMG-20180705-WA0041.jpg