[GUIDE] Run macOS Sierra on a Dell Latitude E6320

pepto

88 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Finally the issue is fixed after a full re-install.

Now, the e6320 i3 boots on the hard disk without need the USB key.

but, still no logical volume part --> this is no impact for the good functioning of hackintosh.

the last news, sierra is upgraded with app store without any trouble.

Big thx for your help.

can someone help me on how to get the trackpad settings because is running laggy?

thanks in advance!!

For working trackpad settings copy the 10.11 "OldTrackpadTab.nib" from /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Trackpad.prefPane/Contents/Resources/YOURLANGUAGE.lproj to the same path @Sierra.

Maybe with this kext, the pointer is less laggy ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

• Like 1

Thanks Pepto for the Wonderfull guide. I was able to install Sierra 10.12.1 on a Dell E6420 with intel graphics and everything works fine. Only issue I faced is the machines goes into sleep mode after  logging in. When I press the power button, it comes back fine. Can you advise what could be the reason. Also the trackpad is not working. How to make it work.

Thanks again for the wonderful  guide

I need advise on how to get clover to dual boot Sierra and windows 10 on E6420. I have installed Sierra first and after that installed Windows 10 on the same HDD. The DIsk is GPT and BIOS is set as legacy. Installed clover on the EFI partition but its unable to boot to windows 10. It says BOOTMGR is missing whenever i select windows 10. I can confirm windows 10 is booting whenever i choose the windows 10 partition as active. To boot to Sierra i have to make the EFI partition as active.

• 3 weeks later...

hey, everything seemed to work great, i am on 10.12.1 now.. only issue i have is no sound. Sound buttons work, but it just shows speaker with a "no" sign. when i go into systems settings>sound there is nothing or sound output.... i tried installing VoodooHDA kext using the kext Wiz and it says it was installed but also says "no UUID"..... any help would be great! thanks for the great write up!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great guide, I got macOS working on my E6220. I want to use a second monitor which is a VGA one. I modified the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext but something went wrong. When I rebooted with my monitor plugged my notebook monitor switched to the VGA monitor resolution, and the VGA monitor was blank. I couldn't change the resolution and update frequency. To revert I had to reinstall macOS. I attach my patched kext. Is the kext badly edited? Or there is any other problem?

Thanks in advance

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.zip

The E6x20 do not support UEFI mode well with OS X. Make sure you've kept your BIOS to Legacy mode or you'll have trouble booting OS X.

First of all thanks all for this great guide and contribution.

Hi Herve! 

I could install OSX Sierra in UEFI mode (I also chose the UEFI mode in BIOS of laptop). It's look like OSX can booting well and work fine.

But I have some doubts concerning your message. What exactly did you  mean when you wrote about "trouble booting OSX"? 

At this moment I have only these troubles:

1) OSX see web camera in hardware list but it does't work (the indicator works but I can't see the picture)

2) track pad works but w/o any additions functions (3/4 fingers double tap with 2 fingers and etc). I also don't see it in setting

3) audio card works but sometimes there is a noise when any other process try to play sound (I don't know may be all have such problem)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i've updated Sierra to 10.12.4 and now I have black screen after Apple logo.

My system is a Dell Latitude E6320, configured as Macbook8,1, with OSX and Clover installed on secondary SSD (in the expansion bay, instead of the DVD Drive).

I've tried to follow other tutorials with similar problems, but nothing apply to my case. The Dell E6320 has Intel HD Graphics 3000 and the majority of posts I've found is about Nvidia cards.

I made the stupid mistake to not update Clover BEFORE updating Mac OSX...the only thing that works is the recovery partition, so I can use terminal and read OSX partition and EFI partition.

there's someone that can help with this?

Many thanks!

Many similar reports on several other platforms. Has to do with Clover which needs to be updated apparently...

Hi, you're right, and I've managed to update Clover to the latest version without reinstalling.

For those interested, this is a recap of what I do:

1 - I have created a [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installation from a working Mac; if you haven't noticed, after [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] have created the USB boot drive, he left the EFI partition mounted and visible on the Mac.

I've taken all the files in EFI and then copied in another USB pendrive.

2 - I've booted my Dell E6320 with Ubuntu (any Linux system is ok), because I have 2 SSDs, one with Windows 7, 10 and Ubuntu, and the second with OSX (thanks to expansion bay :) )

3 - I've mounted the EFI partition in Ubuntu using Disk Utility (you can use any disk utility, like Gparted, or go with the shell)

4 - I've made a backup of the actual EFI folder and replaced with the EFI taken from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] setup (copied in the pendrive, remember?);

5 - from the OLD EFI/CLOVER folder I've taken the config.plist and copied over config.plist in the NEW EFI/CLOVER

6 - from the OLD EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder i've taken all the content of the 10.12 and Other folder, then copied in the corresponding folder in NEW EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder

Incredibly, the system starts again... now I must correct the last problem: USB ports doesn't work, so the Wi-Fi dongle doesn't works too... but keyboard/audio/trackpad and touchpad, VGA out/docking station with dual monitors works without problem :) so it's a 99% Win!

If anyone can help with the USB problem, is very welcome :)

Sorry for my posting about tonymacx86... was not my intentio to break any rule.

In any case I don't request support for tony's stuff, I've used it because the lack of infos to perform an upgrade of Clover without reinstalling the entire system, and I've simply tried his tool only because, well, I've tried almost all.

In fact, the only help his tool give to me is the updated EFI folder which I used to upgrade my EFI folder using Linux.

In any case, I've also resolved the last problem, the USB not working... I've noticed that Clover has many files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI; i've simply copied it from my old EFI folder et voila: USB working again!

Sorry for my posts, I hope I can help someone :)

I have managed to get yosemite working on my Dell 6320 but I am unable to get Sierra working by doing everything in this guide to the letter and using both the included clover and the newest version.

The bootable usb starts fine but the loading bar will get to the end and the screen will go as attached with a blurred apple logo and loading bar across the screen.

I have tried so much including a solution on a different popular fourm where this happens in el captain but had no luck.

I am installing the final version of sierra 10.12.4 and my specs are exactly the same as the machine shown in this guide. Help would be so much appreciated!

post-2056490-0-30194600-1492367659_thumb.jpg

I followed this great tutorial and here are my notes to make things work:

- use Clover version 4049 or later instead of the older one provided in the zip file, and make sure this version is installed in the HDD EFI (step 15), otherwise the boot from HDD ends up with a black screen

- As per post #7, only patch needed is IOGraphicsFamily:

Find 0100007525
Replace by 010000EB25

- For wifi, I have installed a Broadcom BCM43224-HMS to replace the original Dell chip, the ID is 14e4:4353. It's supported natively by the OS as long as you define your machine to be a MacBook Air 5,2 in Clover (to conform with the white list set by Apple)

- Wifi will work fine only if you disable bluetooth in the BIOS, otherwise it keeps disconnecting/reconnecting every few seconds