[GUIDE] Run macOS Sierra on a Dell Latitude E6320

pepto

88 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2017 at 8:55 PM, Hervé said:

Not all webcam are supported, check your fitted model. Sonix is no go, SunPlus works OOB.

Re: HDMI audio, you need to patch the SNB framebuffer to inject HDMI connector-type. Look herehere or here for details. The patch can be applied directly to the vanilla kext through a binary mod or or-the-fly through Clover. You'll probably want the latter.

I try to update to 10.12.6 and when it boots it stays in black screen and doesnt load!!! please help!!

14 hours ago, Hervé said:

Why do you quote my post of Sept 2017? What's the relevance with your issue?

Instead, it'd be more useful to state how you updated and how your system is set-up (bootloader, bootpack, settings, etc.).

I apologize for that. I followed the instruction in this post and I already have everything install but I want to update to the latest macos sierra 11.2.6 but I dont know what I have to do because everytime I update the laptop restarts it just gives me a black screen and nothing happens. I dont know what to do after that. then I have to reinstall everything again. please help!

• 2 months later...

Hello! I'm following this guide almost step-by-step (I had to use Clover Configurator to define my RAM). Installer boots up, Apple logo appears. Then progress bar appears and after about 80% it become to look like this:0CqisAw73nS-d7pGNiPEvzj9AMuTPihb8ufPNWD-Be0QmEtZr9qJOev-tZhpe-tocBUjgtOiICzfKg4E98vYCm-k_KeYk788bdNyUE_1XH-T-kxgvqAONxRqGGDY2G0a7BbdwQa2o_jzfs0eXXXBHGOxRBimQzYdIzWTV11E6deEoc8tCVUJHqvrTjBvra2Ds5z5r-KkdzMAes0bPlS5MyDCz8kPAaTF_IQfCqNAwLfOaQdOuodMeUPAjx0zO4Tx1YcIWEozjqT-qhvCumNJV-_3T0x45wCyqi1HAomewt3-7riDfMsB_mvdF1cOLZeLxAzfenmXZko2g8ZxSAfOtjdKAelgt_47J41x_XhgmJZgMxag-koWlhVRLE9QPqzVmDZvq9zeo8GOzbAgPHKo9gJdL1utRSOy2enY6nPJSW8Q_9TU7GQ59cts-AosY3huTqTCZ2GiDfcJYIlYmn3ySss6IFMZ5HfHzp3Fl8pcc4gghZzxJJJNfj_A4SKsw1N4VtW2cc9lYJqcevB6rymsBCMOWXROddhDyg2Hdr4jXAgti5fErAs2-mA8Ib8EjZXe0m-rEvmEMTAVzdh85m5sj_7rYNRtmimMyVnXxwN38qmFERBPMYAcIbq47qSThfY=w1292-h969-no

I saw few questions in this thread about same problem but neither of them was answered. Hoping for you help!

4 hours ago, Hervé said:

It's the old well-known 2nd/final stage boot glitch. Fixed by well documented on-the-fly binary patch.

El Capitan/Sierra patch:

kext: IOGraphicsFamily
Find:    0100007525
Replace: 010000EB25

High Sierra:

kext: IOGraphicsFamily
Find:    0100007522
Replace: 010000EB22

There's two records with "IOGraphicsFamily" name. Which one do I need to change?

1 hour ago, Hervé said:

"two records"... What do you mean???

If you mean that there are 2 x existing IOGraphicsFamily patches in your Clover config, well disable or remove them. The above patch is all you need.

Tried. Same thing appears. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Okay. I've just fully reinstalled Clover with provided install in the archive, pasted EFI folder from provided archive, made modification through Clover Configurator: Added RAM config, removed both existing IOGraphicsFamily patches and created the one you described. Same thing, as early. 

Edited by Messier82

• 1 year later...

Hi! Wanted here just thanks of the fixes and patches for everyone (Hervé, Vit9696 and many more).

I have The Sonix webcam 0x6433.. but it just works in High Sierra. As mentioned earlier in this thread just to say what i found. I am not using same files from this thread so it can make differences.