[Guide][Deprecated] Installing OS X 10.11.4-10.12.3 on Surface Book

cydia2020

192 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Firstly thank you for the guide.

I'm trying to install 10.11 as it seems to be the most compatible (SSD installation if I'm right?).

But when booting verbose gives me:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting override for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc bloc: no, hibernate wake: no
..........................................................._

It doesn't go any further.

Tried multiple USBs, same result.

Any ideas?

By the way try 10.12.6, it seems to be working fine with Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, I don't have time to update the guide recently but I reckon 10.12.6 works now, 10.13 supports NVMe drives natively, but I'm not sure whether the integrated graphics would be supported or not

Try removing OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI, ONLY REMOVE ONE PLEASE

cheers

Removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

Verbose displays:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting override for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi

But same result.

Placed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi back and removed OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

Still original issue.

Any ideas?

By the way try 10.12.6, it seems to be working fine with Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, I don't have time to update the guide recently but I reckon 10.12.6 works now, 10.13 supports NVMe drives natively, but I'm not sure whether the integrated graphics would be supported or not

Will 10.12.6 install to SSD with those kexts?

The Sierra installer will boot for me fine, just not El Capitan :/

Removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

Verbose displays:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting override for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi

But same result.

Placed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi back and removed OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

Still original issue.

Any ideas?

Will 10.12.6 install to SSD with those kexts?

The Sierra installer will boot for me fine, just not El Capitan :/

I reckon Sierra works better, you might give it a try, maybe consider updating the kexts like FakeSMC to the newest version other than the one that I provided which is probably a year old  :thumbsup_anim:

If 10.12.6 graphics doesn't work, use 10.12.3, I'll try to keep the guide up to date (not true, :P  haven't update for months now), I'll try, but I think personally I'm done with Hackintosh as daily driver on the Surface Book since literally except the system and probably sound, nothing is working. I'll still keep the guide up-to-date anyway when I have time by installing it on a hard drive

I reckon Sierra works better, you might give it a try, maybe consider updating the kexts like FakeSMC to the newest version other than the one that I provided which is probably a year old  :thumbsup_anim:

If 10.12.6 graphics doesn't work, use 10.12.3, I'll try to keep the guide up to date (not true, :P  haven't update for months now), I'll try, but I think personally I'm done with Hackintosh as daily driver on the Surface Book since literally except the system and probably sound, nothing is working. I'll still keep the guide up-to-date anyway when I have time by installing it on a hard drive

Haha no problem.

I'll have a play around with Sierra, see what I can get.

Managed to get Sierra installed on the SSD.

- Created a 500mb EFI partition

- Shrunk SSD by 250gb (I have a 512 SurfaceBook)

- Used Gparted to format the unallocated space to hfs+

- Booted to installer and reformatted unallocated to Mac OS Journaled

- Installed

Will look in to the kexts in the coming days.

Does anyone know how to get a better display options? Mine only goes up to  1500x1000

Another thing the computer wont shut down properly it just goes to black screen, it just started happening.

It only goes up to 1500 by 1000 due to the 2 times scale

When I first installed in the resolution was smaller but when I played around with it, it got stuck there.

It's not stuck there, it's the scale of the display so that everything will be better for the users eye :-)

I haven't tried myself, but 10.12.6 would work fine in theory, you'll need a new ig-platform-id and lilu.kext, probably also intelgraphicsfixup.kext, try it out yourself and let us know what you got :thumbsup_anim:

After installing the intel kext I get this screen. If I restart using the 12345678 graphics id, it loads, but the driver doesn't seem to have loaded, because the video memory is still at 22MB.

I've been following the Hackintosh scene for a while but this is my first try.

Any help would be really appreciated.

post-43606-0-47955900-1507013733_thumb.jpg

After installing the intel kext I get this screen. If I restart using the 12345678 graphics id, it loads, but the driver doesn't seem to have loaded, because the video memory is still at 22MB.

I've been following the Hackintosh scene for a while but this is my first try.

Any help would be really appreciated.

G'day there

This is a known issue, try Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, they can easily be found on google.

Cheers

• Like 1

G'day there

This is a known issue, try Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, they can easily be found on google.

Cheers

Cheers, Cydia! Much appreciated.

I tried what you suggested. This time it gets to about 50% of the way through. It flashes the same screen as I posted above, and then seems to hang on the booting screen.

Thanks again for any help.

Sorry for the double post.

I've been trying for the last few days, but I haven't made any progress at all. I've checked Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext are the same. I've tried different versions. I've even tried going back to 10.12.0.

I don't know how to get a log of the boot, so I've posted some screen shots. I know Cydia's really busy, but if someone could point me in the right direction, like what's going wrong, and where to ask for help, that would be really helpful.

Thanks so much for any help!

post-43606-0-53326500-1507375689_thumb.jpg

post-43606-0-30773200-1507375696_thumb.jpg

post-43606-0-45365100-1507375704_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the double post.

I've been trying for the last few days, but I haven't made any progress at all. I've checked Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext are the same. I've tried different versions. I've even tried going back to 10.12.0.

I don't know how to get a log of the boot, so I've posted some screen shots. I know Cydia's really busy, but if someone could point me in the right direction, like what's going wrong, and where to ask for help, that would be really helpful.

Thanks so much for any help!

This is a sort of "boot log", it's verbose mode, seems it's still the Intel graphics' problem, this has bothered so many people, my best advice now is to install 10.12.3 or below, they are well supported and stable, and won't waste you a lot of time. Yes, personally I don't have a lot of time to try to solve it. Sorry in advance. 

Cheers

• Like 1

Cheers, Cydia! I finally got it working.

No need to apologize. Actually, I have a lot of Taiwanese students like yourself learning English and Japanese, so I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

I tried plugging in a bluetooth USB dongle. Are there any specific brands that work?

Thanks again.

Cheers, Cydia! I finally got it working.

No need to apologize. Actually, I have a lot of Taiwanese students like yourself learning English and Japanese, so I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

I tried plugging in a bluetooth USB dongle. Are there any specific brands that work?

Thanks again.

Hey,

Thanks for the support

How did you get it to work?

And BTW which version do you mean? 10.13? Cause I am trying to figure 10.13 out the whole morning and I don't have any clue about how to get this work

USB dongle.. seems Edimax would be my perfered brand.

Cheers

Hi,

First of all, let me thank you for this guide. I am successfully writing this from OS X 10.11 on my Surface Book. I didn't follow the instructions exactly, though. I used the official installer on a real Mac Mini to install El Capitan to a 128gb USB 3.0 drive, then installed Clover to it. Once I used the drivers in your post, it had no issues booting.

A couple of issues, however, are that I have no sound (even after installing the AppleHDA kext,) and I'm getting a strange visual glitch, even after changing the color profile. This did not happen on first boot. It happened when I first changed the desktop background. Even after changing it back, restarting, and trying to change color profiles again, the issue persists. Has anyone else experienced this?

I prefer Windows over OS X, but I use Garageband quite frequently and would love to have it on my Surface Book. I have a USB sound card coming in the mail which will alleviate the issue for now, but I would love to be able to use the speakers and headphone jack.

-Sam

EDIT: Also, the battery monitor isn't working for either the internal battery or the clipboard battery. I installed the battery manager kext but it didn't seem to have any effect on anything.

post-2295020-0-25621700-1508879760_thumb.png

Hi,

First of all, let me thank you for this guide. I am successfully writing this from OS X 10.11 on my Surface Book. I didn't follow the instructions exactly, though. I used the official installer on a real Mac Mini to install El Capitan to a 128gb USB 3.0 drive, then installed Clover to it. Once I used the drivers in your post, it had no issues booting.

A couple of issues, however, are that I have no sound (even after installing the AppleHDA kext,) and I'm getting a strange visual glitch, even after changing the color profile. This did not happen on first boot. It happened when I first changed the desktop background. Even after changing it back, restarting, and trying to change color profiles again, the issue persists. Has anyone else experienced this?

I prefer Windows over OS X, but I use Garageband quite frequently and would love to have it on my Surface Book. I have a USB sound card coming in the mail which will alleviate the issue for now, but I would love to be able to use the speakers and headphone jack.

-Sam

EDIT: Also, the battery monitor isn't working for either the internal battery or the clipboard battery. I installed the battery manager kext but it didn't seem to have any effect on anything.

Hey there, 

It seems that you probably didn't put the DSDT into the correct folder, so go and check that first. But if you did, the for sound, use this, for battery, I did not patch the battery in the latest DSDT I think to avoid any potential problem that came with it, if you want to, then go check out this post and this github page to consider use the SSDT patch to combine 2 batteries together.

Thanks a lot

Hey there, 

It seems that you probably didn't put the DSDT into the correct folder, so go and check that first. But if you did, the for sound, use this, for battery, I did not patch the battery in the latest DSDT I think to avoid any potential problem that came with it, if you want to, then go check out this post and this github page to consider use the SSDT patch to combine 2 batteries together.

Thanks a lot

After checking, I noticed I DID put it in the wrong folder. Everything seems to be running the way it's supposed to now, thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...