[Guide][Deprecated] Installing OS X 10.11.4-10.12.3 on Surface Book

cydia2020

192 posts in this topic

Yeah, I have seen the performance problem regarding to the graphics driver. What NVMe drive are you using? Is it the samsung one or the Toshiba one?

Thanks

I didn't install any NVMe driver. Do I need this? I didn't install macOS on the internal SSD.

But I will give it a try. Where can I download the NVMe driver?

It is installed on a portable SSD connected over USB 3.0, not a SD Card.

EDIT:

That's the device it's installed on: https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-256GB-Storen-External-47623/dp/B008OE0SJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488234198&sr=8-1&keywords=verbatim+ssd+256gb

So if you connect the drive to Windows, how much speed can it get?

Thanks

So if you connect the drive to Windows, how much speed can it get?

Thanks

Nevermind, I installed it on a second partition on my Surface, it runs smoothly now.

How can I fix the problem with the glitching graphics?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I ask how you got the Intel 520 to work? My surface gives a frame buffer error. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322025-surface-4-framebuffer-issuse/?do=findComment&comment=2388491

Hi mate

Sorry for the issue that happened.

Well, although you can install 10.12 on to SP4, you still need a separte DSDT to do it, every device got different dsdt

Patch yourself a own DSDT

Battery

Sound you might can find here

Brightness

For graphics, please change platform ID to 0x12345678 first, after installing, apply the kext in this thread regarding to Intel buffer, then restart and set the platform ID to 0x19160000

And that all done, give it a try

Thanks

cydia2020

We are now on the same boat

My new Cube Mix Plus have total 5 devices moved to i2c bus

2 cams, 1 touchscreen, 1 wacom pen

Plus an pcie  Intel scared

Any news any of them work>

Yeah, that's... Dunno why they would use i2c instead of USB or HID, that would be a lot easier for us

Hey,

Anyone got the intel graphics working on 10.12.4? It was working fine for my on 10.12.3 but now it seems that the drivers kext isn't working

Hi mate, i have no idea yet, since i havent been working on this for a little while now

Please tell me if you got any information

Hi mate, i have no idea yet, since i havent been working on this for a little while now

Please tell me if you got any information

When I use the modified driver from your post, the screen boots to black. When I use the vanilla kext, there is a kernel panic like before. How did you modify the original Apple frame buffer kext to get it working in the first place? Any links or instructions would be useful 

I don't know where I went wrong but I installed in but now when I try to boot, it says waiting for root device any idea? Trying to install el captain

Hi Nick,

can the installer detect NVMe drives correctly?

Thanks

• Like 1

I should of been more clear. I successfully installed OS X but the first boot it says waiting for root device.

Hi mate, 

basically, there are 2 possibilities, the first one is the file system is broken, try reinstall, and maybe the NVMe driver is not applied correctly.

Which version of OS X/macOS are you installing?

Cheers

I got it to work, 10.11 didn't want to work but 10.12 works just fine.

Do you mean sharing your updated refi folder?

Hi mate, 

basically, there are 2 possibilities, the first one is the file system is broken, try reinstall, and maybe the NVMe driver is not applied correctly.

Which version of OS X/macOS are you installing?

Cheers

I got it to work, 10.11 didn't want to work but 10.12 works just fine.

Do you mean sharing your updated refi folder?

Sorry, mate, I think is my fault, if you're installing 10.11, please change all the 10.11.6 in the config file to 10.11.x

I searched this forum but I couldnt find anything about the mousepad gesture. Like scrolling up and down with two fingers. 

Hi, Nick

The EFI folder is completely the same as in the post, no changes were made recently.

Thanks

I searched this forum but I couldnt find anything about the mousepad gesture. Like scrolling up and down with two fingers. 

Sorry but the trackpad got no solution for now I think. :( Microsoft is using a wacom trackpad, which has no driver available for now (maybe forever)

But at least it works lol

Sorry but the trackpad got no solution for now I think. :( Microsoft is using a wacom trackpad, which has no driver available for now (maybe forever)

But at least it works lol

Something is always better then nothing. So should I wait to update to 10.12.4? Since i read that the graphics don't work.