How far are we from a FULL 10.4.8 install DVD?

guiyoforward

34 posts in this topic

one of the big advantages of using the up to date kernel is that we are able to use all of 10.4.8. previously we had to exclude a number of kexts and a number of frameworks from the update, this caused issues with drivers and such which then lead to missing features and functionality.

Performance is important too.

The biggest feature you're likely to notice from the 8.8.1 kernel is working 10.4.8 rosetta which was greatly improved! but has not been available to the hackintosh until now.

bear in mind though that for some drivers we are still not working 100% because of EFI, the kernel replaces EFI and allows most kexts to run, and thorough testing is yet to be done, but some kexts that are heavily reliant on EFI will still not function...

full 10.4.8 can w8

i think what really needs to be done now is

add suport for nvidia cards

its what i think as i said

even if i had ati card ,fully working i would still

saying that

its no good to be on OSX with the vesa drivers and no openGl,QE

try to watch a movie,edit a movie,work in photoshop in

Windows SAFE MODE

we must do something!

hey JaS,

i wondering when you make a JaS 10.4.8 full release and kernal

if you could make basic version that does not include the 2 something gigs of printer drivers, extra laguages and fonts...

haha i guess you didnt realize that those were already optional. before clicking install there should be a customize button you should have clicked anyways for the right patches i.e. sse2/sse3. there you will be able to pick what extra languages and printer drivers you want.

haha i guess you didnt realize that those were already optional. before clicking install there should be a customize button you should have clicked anyways for the right patches i.e. sse2/sse3. there you will be able to pick what extra languages and printer drivers you want.

I think he means that he doesn't want to have to download all the extra languages etc. because he won't use them and he would like a slimmed down release without them.

personally, the only thing i'd need is a patch to run my ULi SATA chipset. other than that i think OSX would run quite well on my comp

either way i'm getting a mac next year though, so i'm not fussed