GTX 550 Ti DSDT injection

Elbeyrouni7

40 posts in this topic

hello

maybe .. if u are using hdmi port to plug the monitor

that is all old hardware ...

i read don't remember where .. some ppl with that old cards are using efi string to inject the card in clover

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/158685-the-easiest-way-to-install-nvidia-9400-gt/

https://code.google.com/archive/p/osx86tools/downloads

good hack

• Like 1

hello

maybe .. if u are using hdmi port to plug the monitor

that is all old hardware ...

i read don't remember where .. some ppl with that old cards are using efi string to inject the card in clover

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/158685-the-easiest-way-to-install-nvidia-9400-gt/

https://code.google.com/archive/p/osx86tools/downloads

good hack

Thank's Arthur for the link, by the way i am make my own patching Dsdt  form darwin dumper for base information, but cannot running without clover inject, even the dsdt itself in IO explorer there, but still not running with inject. Yes i am using HDMI port and running as  swell i am just looking the way to using dsdt patching then inject 

i am just trying to used DSDT patch then inject. several dsdt patched already but the result are the same. 

Hi guys,

First of all, I just wanna thank very much Allan & Artur_p for their support :) , I've just finished a clean install of El Capitan 10.11.4 using the last version of clover, here are the results, using the files of Allan (a special thanks :thumbsup_anim: ):

- Sleep working,

- Dual display working (Via DVI ports),

- Smooth screen (though I don't install a heavy game to check acceleration level),

- Audio working using audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip (all credits goes to the developer),

- USB 2.0 working by only renaming EHC1/EHC2 to EH01/EH02 in the DSDT (Thanks to RehabMan) and I don't create an injector kext,

My questions now are:

1-  What is the best way to check if I have a full acceleration? do I have to install a special game?

2-  I still have displayed 1536 MB instead of 1024 MB in my MAC info (I've noticed that in the Ioreg file, NVCAP wasn't override even the VRAM,totalsize), regarding of the DSDT values), seems like something keeps that values from changing, any idea?

Thanks for all,

• Like 1

Hi guys,

First of all, I just wanna thank very much Allan & Artur_p for their support :) , I've just finished a clean install of El Capitan 10.11.4 using the last version of clover, here are the results, using the files of Allan (a special thanks :thumbsup_anim: ):

Nice! I'm glad to know that you have a good experience with your Hackintosh!

Enjoy  ^_^

My questions now are:

1-  What is the best way to check if I have a full acceleration? do I have to install a special game?

2-  I still have displayed 1536 MB instead of 1024 MB in my MAC info (I've noticed that in the Ioreg file, NVCAP wasn't override even the VRAM,totalsize), regarding of the DSDT values), seems like something keeps that values from changing, any idea?

Thanks for all,

You can test using the tips here: What are Quartz Extreme and Core Image (QE/CI)?

• Like 1

I am success  using patching DSDT for my Old Graphics Card nVidia Geforce 9400 GT. In  Profiler is not using Bios Graphics Rom Again but change to nVidia GeForce 9400 GT OpenGL Engine.

But is still without HDMI Audio ( not recognize ), just hope maybe there is a a way to activated  :w00t: 

Hi guys,

- Sleep working,

- Dual display working (Via DVI ports),

- Smooth screen (though I don't install a heavy game to check acceleration level),

- Audio working using audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip (all credits goes to the developer),

- USB 2.0 working by only renaming EHC1/EHC2 to EH01/EH02 in the DSDT (Thanks to RehabMan) and I don't create an injector kext,

My questions now are:

Thanks for all,

1. install on windows operating system either GPU-Z or AIDA64, then export the graphic-rom file
  2. then install and run the NVCAP Maker 1.4.app on mac os x, so open the graphic-rom file, a string will be you shown. write these values in your dsdt in the area NVCAP.
  3. Then change the vram-total size value in the dsdt ==> 00000040
  4. then edit the graphic rom file with your vendor-id and device id for example 10de_1204.rom ***, save the rom file in your Extra folder, then change the org.chameleon.boot.plist with these string:
	<key>UseNvidiaROM</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>VBIOS</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
finished, restart your system
then everything should be displayed correctly.

*** (change these values with your values, install and open DPCI-Manager.app or SystemInfo.app look at your vendor id and device id)
Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

1. install on windows operating system either GPU-Z or AIDA64, then export the graphic-rom file
  2. then install and run the NVCAP Maker 1.4.app on mac os x, so open the graphic-rom file, a string will be you shown. write these values in your dsdt in the area NVCAP.
  3. Then change the vram-total size value in the dsdt ==> 00000040
  4. then edit the graphic rom file with your vendor-id and device id for example 10de_1204.rom ***, save the rom file in your Extra folder, then change the org.chameleon.boot.plist with these string:
	<key>UseNvidiaROM</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>VBIOS</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
finished, restart your system
then everything should be displayed correctly.

*** (change these values with your values, install and open DPCI-Manager.app or SystemInfo.app look at your vendor id and device id)

Thanks for you very explicit explanation :) , I'm using Clover Legacy, so I presume that I'm going to add UseNvidiaROM & VBIOS keys into Config.plist, and copy the ROM file into EXTRA folder, is that correct?

Thanks again :thumbsup_anim: ,

that's just only an example with my AMD Radeon HD8240 (kabini) 

put the rom file into the ROM folder, if uefi then in to the EFI/Clover/OEM/SystemProductname/ROM/

clover rom file.png

• Like 1

that's just only an example with my AMD Radeon HD8240 (kabini) 

put the rom file into the ROM folder, if uefi then in to the EFI/Clover/OEM/SystemProductname/ROM/I

If it's Legacy, is it the same folder?

if no uefi then insert the rom file as seen in the picture ;-)

EFI/CLOVER/ROM/

Edit:

For the modification of the config.plist can be clover configurator.app very helpful.

• Like 1

if no uefi then insert the rom file as seen in the picture ;-)

EFI/CLOVER/ROM/

Edit:

For the modification of the config.plist can be clover configurator.app very helpful.

Thanks spakk you are really helpful :) I'm gonna test it tomorrow. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...