Pavo

Making a 10.10/10.11 USB Installer /w Clover (UEFI and Legacy) the correct way!

53 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Waa Waa Waa Waaaaaaaaaa

Can't get past Step 2.

Failed to start erase of disk due to error (-9999, 0)

A error occurred erasing the disk.

Running in a Snow Leopard VM (VirtualBox) with 10.6.8 Combo Update loaded.

Any advice?

Waa Waa Waa Waaaaaaaaaa

Can't get past Step 2.

Failed to start erase of disk due to error (-9999, 0)

A error occurred erasing the disk.

Running in a Snow Leopard VM (VirtualBox) with 10.6.8 Combo Update loaded.

Any advice?

Topic:

Making a Yosemite USB Installer /w Clover the correct way!

Step 2:

"You should already have the Install OS X Yosemite.app in your Application folder"

SnowLeopard != Yosemite

Topic:

Making a Yosemite USB Installer /w Clover the correct way!

Step 2:

"You should already have the Install OS X Yosemite.app in your Application folder"

SnowLeopard != Yosemite

I have the 'Install OS X Yosemite.app' in my Snow Leopard Application folder. I downloaded the update from the app store.

This guide works with pretty much any UEFI Clover install

I can't get it to install Yosemite.  Maybe because I didn't do step5?  Not sure what to do there.  Giving me boot errors at the very beginning.

I can't get it to install Yosemite.  Maybe because I didn't do step5?  Not sure what to do there.  Giving me boot errors at the very beginning.

As Step 5 states its the hardest part, you need to research what settings you need for your specific system, nothing I can do for you, that is something you need to do on own on

1. Thanx this guide help me to finally boot in to the OS X install for long time I looking how to install 10.10.

2. My spec are mobo- Asrock G41M VS3 r2.0, CPU- intel core 2 duo 2.60G, GPU- nVidia Geforce GTX 260 846mb I dont know how to make the best DSDT for my mobo my current 10.9.5 is DSDT free or I better use smbios only?

This guide worked extremely for me, and I had not a issue using it.

I've tried most "1-Click" USB creation tools for Hackintosh (excluding tonymac <-- censor pls), and I must admit, this is the most quick and uncomplicated method I have seen yet!

Thank you, Pavo.

Hey, thanks for the guide.

I tried to install Yosemite via the Legacy method on a fresh SSD. It worked out until the first reboot.

I can't boot anything, not OSX and not Clover from USB.

I'm using a X58 motherboard from Gigabyte and a Nvidia graphics card.

Maybe I have to change something on the USB to make Clover boot? If I remove the SSD from the System I can boot into Clover without a problem.

Do you have any hints? I completed steps 1 to 5. On step 5 I adjusted the start arguments with nv_disable=1 and -v

Edit

I just used FakeSMC.kext and nothing else.

Seems like alot of people are having issues with the CIM way, I will redo the guide using restore method soon

for El Capitan

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction

The EFI Volume doesn't show up after I install Clover to the USB? .. What can I do to fix it ?

You've formatted your Penboot like GUID Partition Table?

You've formatted your Penboot like GUID Partition Table?

with the latest clover 2.3 revision 3333, I cannot see the EFI partition. I have formatted using Master Boot record and installed clover to the USB. when I looked into the USB, EFI folder was inside the USB not in a separate partition... is this normal ? could it be that with the newer version of clover no EFI partition is showing up ? Also, I am trying to do legacy install on a lenovo B570 laptop with core i3 2350M CPU, intel hd 3000 GPU

Hey, thanks for the guide.

I tried to install Yosemite via the Legacy method on a fresh SSD. It worked out until the first reboot.

I can't boot anything, not OSX and not Clover from USB.

I'm using a X58 motherboard from Gigabyte and a Nvidia graphics card.

Maybe I have to change something on the USB to make Clover boot? If I remove the SSD from the System I can boot into Clover without a problem.

Do you have any hints? I completed steps 1 to 5. On step 5 I adjusted the start arguments with nv_disable=1 and -v

Edit

I just used FakeSMC.kext and nothing else.

Got the exact same problem but with the UEFI-Method. ...after first reboot my "UEFI Corsait USB Stick" Bootoption didn't show up anymore. There only was a new "Mac OS X" but both are not bootable. I'm not able to get into the Clover Bootloader again, even after complete reinstall of the stick I wasn't able to boot again. What's happening here!?

just a question please. I have an old motherboard (X58-based). The BIOS is text-based unlike the BIOS present in a more recent motherboard I have which is GUI. So I guess I need to pick the Legacy option? thanks again! :)

Hi guys,

I followed the steps for the UEFI install, but I am stuck on Root device UDID IS: (Insert UDID here)

Any help?

My CPU is a Celeron N2940. I do have a kernel for the celeron chip lying around somewhere, but with this method (using createinstallmedia) I can't seem to find anywhere I can insert the kernel file. 

Cheers,
Cameron.