GTX 550 Ti DSDT injection

Elbeyrouni7

40 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to inject my graphic card code into the DSDT, I followed the guide http://www.rampagedev.com/?page_id=276&page=15 to no avail (good guide by the way), I'm running El Capitan 10.11.3 and I've already installed NVidia Web drivers with a boot flag nvda_drv=1 along with NVidia injection. My system definition is iMac 11,3 because it's the closest regarding to my CPU. I'm using the port "PCIEX1_1" for my Wi-Fi Card TP-Link TL-WDN4800, and the port "PCIEX16" for my GTX 550 Ti.

Please see the attachments for my DSDT and IOReg files along with two screenshots.

Could someone please help me doing that, by answering the following questions:

Is the code of the guide above still correct?
If so, in which line should I inject it?
Do I have to make other changes in my DSDT file?

Thanks,

Edited by Elbeyrouni7
Please read the rules.

So, you just need fix the info in System Preferences right?

You have problems with the performance? QE/CI?

First of all thanks for your quick reply, and yes, in fact, I wanted to inject the graphics code into DSDT to :

1 - Get full QE/CI on my card, 'cause right now I got bad performance even with NVidia web driver,

2- Fix the graphics info in system report (the graphics memory displayed is 1536MB, actually it's 1024MB).

Thanks for your help,

• Like 1

I'll send you my config.plist within 2 hours the time to be at home and make a copy of it (I'm in my office right now :) ), and you are right by mistake the DSDT that I sent to you is not the original one, I thought I had it, sorry about that, I'm going to extract it using the guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287011-how-to-extract-and-compile-dsdtaml-with-dsdt-editor/, just one question do I have to follow the whole steps?

hello

try this one if u boot attach a ioreg with this dsdt and report

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

just remember this is a patched dsdt .. so disable all clover dsdt fix

good hack

Thanks Artur_pt, I'm gonna test it, be back soon for the result. 

Thanks Artur_pt, I'm gonna test it, be back soon for the result.

Hi Artur, I tried the file but unfortunately the mouse and keyboard are not working, I tried all USB ports so I coudn't get to the Desktop, any idea?

I clean your config.plist: config.plist.zip

Thank you very much Allan for the good job ?, I'll wait for DSDT to make a test.?

I have one question between brackets, when I wanted to install El Capitan 10.11.3, the only way to boot into Clover menu was to disable USB3 controller in BIOS, otherwise I got stick with a message Boot1: /boot5 (forever :) ), so after the installation of El Capitan in legacy mode, I wanted to enable that controller, result Clover won't boot with the same message so until now I'm running El Capitan with USB3 controller disabled in BIOS. Is there any solution for this? 

P.S. I didn't test yet the last files 'cause I'm still at work right now :( , sorry if my question needs a new topic.

• Like 1

I have one question between brackets, when I wanted to install El Capitan 10.11.3, the only way to boot into Clover menu was to disable USB3 controller in BIOS, otherwise I got stick with a message Boot1: /boot5 (forever :) ), so after the installation of El Capitan in legacy mode, I wanted to enable that controller, result Clover won't boot with the same message so until now I'm running El Capitan with USB3 controller disabled in BIOS. Is there any solution for this? 

Check this: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4084

• Like 1

Hi Allan,

I've tested the files you gave me, but I couldn't get my USB working until I change the devices EHC1 & EHC2 into EH01 & EH02 in the DSDT using MaciASL and now the USB ports are working (I found that on the net) but I don't know if it's really safe for my Motherboard.

About my main problem which is Graphics performance, I got the same bad results, maybe I'm missing something, that's why I made a copy of my IOReg using your files, I hope it'll give you an idea about the problem, thanks again.  :)

Unfortunately Allan my BIOS is not UEFI but Legacy. (old motherboard   :( P55A-UD3 Gigabyte)

Hi Artur,

I've also tested the file that you gave me, and I had to make the same changes, (EHC1 & EHC2 into EH01 & EH02) in the DSDT, I noticed that with your DSDT the wifi card wasn't working (always searching for a network), and the graphics performance is not better. I think I'm missing something but I don't know what, I made a copy of my IOReg using your file, I hope it'll give you an idea about the problem too, thanks for all. :)   

hello

now the wifi and usb should be working

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

what i see by ioreg the graphics are in the right place and all loaded

good hack

Hi Artur, USB ports are working :thumbsup_anim:  but for the Wifi I got a message 'no hardware installed', and I still have no full acceleration :( , any idea?

hello

u aren't using a atheros wifi card ?

from the ioreg says its a atheros ..

Captura de ecrã 2016-03-31, às 19.05.25.png

is there where i inject it

about the graphics .. how are u booting .. injecting nvidia or not ?

post another ioreg with the dsdt .. i send u before

good hack

• Like 1

Hi Artur, I'm using the card mentioned in my signature, TP-Link TL-WDN4800, which is an Atheros based card. Well,  I'm going to reinstall all over again, using the last version of Clover and make my own USB installer. Could you tell me which is the best guide? 

Last time, I used a method from other website, and I want to use the method recommended by insanelymac.

About the Graphics, I tried both options for Nvidia inject :

No: Black screen (no signal),

Yes: I can reach the desktop but with poor performance, to give you an idea (02 Frames/s) with NVidia web driver, (13 Frames/s with Apple default driver). 

Thanks for all,