El Capitan Skylake USB

116 posts in this topic

Hi All,  El Capitan installer could not recognize Intel 750 Nvme pcie ssd when trying to fresh-install (UEFI) thru GA-M170-D3H. Any success reported so far? Your comment and/or recommendation, if any, will be greatly appreciated.   

Hi arthurmo,

Google is your friend or try:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309311-nvme-express-digging/

• Like 1

I need help here. I tried all possible ways ( tried many config.plist and kexts ) to install 10.11 on my MSI Gaming M5 Z170A motherboard + i7 6700k + 980TI GTX system. Everytime I try to boot from USB, it just reboots after pressing enter to boot from USB in clover menu. No error or anything, it just reboots after 2-5 seconds. Tried everything I could find out on google about fixing the issue ( IOAPIC patch ) as well as tried various config.plist from other skylake guides but it all giving me same thing. I have disabled VT-d, CFG LOck and enabled XHCI in bios. After messing up with it for 2 days I finally think I would ask You guys for help. Does anyone have clue whats going wrong here?

hi...

supposing you used all the .app to make your usb...

did you try boot with nv_disable=1?

boot with  arguments..verbose, nv_disable=1, dart=0

disable serial port..

play with usb ports..if you have a hub ,use it..

c.frio

@C.Frio,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have tried all the boot args nv_disable=1, dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -v -x -f everything.

disabled serial port as well in BIOS. tried different USB Ports ( I have tried different ports except usb 3.1gen2 on mobo ) .

It always reboot just after that 1st ++++++++++++++++++ line. I dunno whats wrong here.

@C.Frio,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have tried all the boot args nv_disable=1, dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -v -x -f everything.

disabled serial port as well in BIOS. tried different USB Ports ( I have tried different ports except usb 3.1gen2 on mobo ) .

It always reboot just after that 1st ++++++++++++++++++ line. I dunno whats wrong here.

-x not working since Yosemite on USB installer dont using annymore

hi..

..check serial and parallels ports disable...

CFG lock disable..

secure mode disable

intel virtual.. disable

lan ROM disable

but annotate your changes each time...

ADD:  boot ...verbose,dart=0 nv_disable=1

c.frio

Hi again @C.Frio,

Here are few BIOS changes I have made.

VT-d Disabled

CFG Lock Disabled

Win 8/10 Support Disabled

Win 7 Installation Support Disabled

Fast Boot Disabled

Secure Boot Disabled

LAN Rom Disabled

Memory uses XMP profile, BIOS is up to date. ( I have also modded BIOS to show IOAPIC option so I can disable them even though it is patched in config.plist. But somehow BIOS still not showing me that option ).

I tried iMac 17.1 SMBIOS but it gives me error "this version of mac is not supported on this platform".

-x not working since Yosemite on USB installer dont using annymore

Thanks for headsup. I actually just gave it a shot as nothing is working for me. Thanks to letting me know that this is obsolete.

hi..

with my MSI z170a pc mate..the el capitan skylake made basically all..

even the choice for SMBIOS...

and I think..or you patch IOAPIC or you have an modded bios  one..not booth at same time..but this is not my "beach"..

play with usb ports...turn AC off then change port..I had I fight too :lol:

c.frio

• Like 1

hi...

@chris1111..

at chat ,I saw a config from @stehor ..on MSI MBs z170 , without any kext patched..real so simple config..if this is real now (10.11.4), seam the clover config special edition can be used to install on  skylake...

could you check this,if you have time..

c.frio

hi...

@chris1111..

at chat ,I saw a config from @stehor ..on MSI MBs z170 , without any kext patched..real so simple config..if this is real now (10.11.4), seam the clover config special edition can be used to install on  skylake...

could you check this,if you have time..

c.frio

Sorry dont understand what you whant exacly :lol::P

hi..

@chris1111..

just to report...as "el capitan skylake usb",has some kexts patched..

maybe it does not need it anymore,

and "clover special edition " can install  os x on skylake too..

if I recover his config ,I will send to you..

c.frio

• Like 1

hi..

@chris1111..

just to report...as "el capitan skylake usb",has some kexts patched..

maybe it does not need it anymore,

and "clover special edition " can install  os x on skylake too..

if I recover his config ,I will send to you..

c.frio

Ok great thanks :wink_anim:

Hey chris1111

I envy you.

Canada is a beautiful country & I hope to visit it someday and break some bread with you maybe ;-)

But right now I am sweating it out on my new build here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311934-gigabyte-z170m-d3h-6700k-build-pm/?hl=%2B6700k&do=findComment&comment=2234330

This is Power management related & instead of discussing it here I would really appreciate if you could join us there.

Thanks.

Hey chris1111

I envy you.

Canada is a beautiful country & I hope to visit it someday and break some bread with you maybe ;-)

But right now I am sweating it out on my new build here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311934-gigabyte-z170m-d3h-6700k-build-pm/?hl=%2B6700k&do=findComment&comment=2234330

This is Power management related & instead of discussing it here I would really appreciate if you could join us there.

Thanks.

Thanks you!

Sorry but I dont have à skylake mtherboard and dont have a Time to put My Head

on the power management ::/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have an ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming, and installed it successfully using this guide. The problem is when it finishes installing, upon restarting the hard drive (all works) the welcome screen appears, then I select the country, keyboard, and then network. Once hitting next (after the network) it goes back to the console and throws the errors in the picture attached here, and reboots on its own. I can go back to the hard drive, which asks me to fill again country, keyboard, network and restarts again :loop:.

Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Thank you!

post-116933-0-45745900-1463176159_thumb.jpg

hi..

you have tried yet but...

and did  you accept the network?

if yes..try "my computer does not connect to internet"or something like that..

and / or try using "USBInjectAll.kext" 

c.frio

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...