El Capitan Skylake USB

116 posts in this topic

Hi Frio,

thanks for your reply!

Installer terminated with success and the other conditions are met (waited about an hour).

No luck, stuck at the same place.

Did you Inject Intel ?

• Like 1

Hi all,

No matter how many times I have tried, I was only able to finish the installer USB without OSX EL Capitan. The aforementioned software is readily available in my "Application" folder. Same results repeated on v2 and its initial revision packaged by Chris. Would appreciate your opinion on what's missing from my part?

Hi all,

No matter how many times I have tried, I was only able to finish the installer USB without OSX EL Capitan. The aforementioned software is readily available in my "Application" folder. Same results repeated on v2 and its initial revision packaged by Chris. Would appreciate your opinion on what's missing from my part?

No specs ?

no info about the OS X machine you are trying this?

about the USB Installer?

How can I help you?

Thanks for your immediate attention.

I have no intention for being brief. I was trying to create a USB installer by El Capitan Skylake USB, including V2, packaged by Chris. My spec are mainly GA-H87M-D3H and ATI 66XX display card. I have several successful experience with Clover OS X El Capitan-V7 to incorporate OS X 10.11.3 to the installer. Skylake installer USB-V2, once completed, has only usr and Library two folders. Same can be used to boot to the Clover greeting screen on my GA-H170M-D3H. Let me know if additional information is needed. 

Thanks for your immediate attention.

I have no intention for being brief. I was trying to create a USB installer by El Capitan Skylake USB, including V2, packaged by Chris. My spec are mainly GA-H87M-D3H and ATI 66XX display card. I have several successful experience with Clover OS X El Capitan-V7 to incorporate OS X 10.11.3 to the installer. Skylake installer USB-V2, once completed, has only usr and Library two folders. Same can be used to boot to the Clover greeting screen on my GA-H170M-D3H. Let me know if additional information is needed. 

do not close the Terminal before installing Clover to the USB-DISK.

maybe it helps

Hey,

I completed a week without good sleep now trying to solve my problem which is "Still waiting for root device". I created a usb flash using ##### and OS X el capitan 10.11.4, and i was told that 10.11.4 has the solution for my problem, but unfortunately it doesn't. Now i used ur installer which is great job btw, but it still didn't solve my problem.

My specs :

CPU : i5 6600k

GPU : GTX 970

Mobo : GB Z170XP-SLI    ---> BIOS version F4

Ram : 8gb HyperX DDR4

I hope you can help me with that problem, i am seeing a lot of people succeeding with specs that are so close to mine and i am not getting why i cant solve this problem.

Note : As i don't have access to an actual mac device i am using VMware, which i think it has no any difference in performance. It worked just fine when i created the usb flash without any issues. I also don't have any previous experience with hackintosh, i just started couple weeks ago.

hi...

@chris1111

could be Clover at "  El Capitan Skylake USB" (still 3371)  be updated as same base as 

(more frequently) Clover Special Edition is ?

c.frio

hi @megasonix

may be wrong place..no "######" here..please read the rules... :yes:

my suggestion is use "  El Capitan Skylake USB" to make the USB..

supposing your bios settings are ok...

boot with flags..dart=0, nv_disable=1, -v

c.frio

edit..sorry didn't read all the post.about the "el cap skyline"..my bad

Hey Frio,

Yeah sorry i didn't take a look at the rules but i was just saying my previous experience. I also mentioned that i am using "el capitan skylake usb" now and problem still exist, and its V2 that i used.

What i did with the BIOS settings is :

- I loaded optimized defaults

- Changed XHCI Handoff to enabled

- Disabled serial port

I will try now to boot with these flags hope it makes any difference.

Edit : These flags already exists, i think its built in with the installer. There are also other 2 flags written with them one of them was rootless=0.

I forgot also to mention that i am using a USB 3.0 flash drive but i am using a 2.0 port. One more thing that i didn't mention that the part of the "Postinstaller" of the installation didn't go well with me as i didnt find the "Change install Location" option, plus i am not sure that i understand what exactly is the "Macintosh-HD" that appears in the video. Maybe the problem is caused because one of those  :blush:

Edited by megasonix

hi..

no problem...

it can stay there...it is not more necessary as I read...

c.frio

edit...

if you can ,take a picture of the screen with the error and post...

others can see it too...and identify the error

c.frio

hey,

So i got few pics of what exactly happens when i try to boot :

This is exactly before the "still waiting for root device" line appears.

cd8c3d7d12.JPG

Then this what it looks like right after the line appears.

62cf84d046.JPG

I hope anyone can help me out with this please. Thanks.

Edit : Can you tell me how to try OsxAptioDrv2Fix?

Edited by megasonix

hi...

- play with usb ports...

- ​if you have a hub try using it..

- OsxAptioDrvFix doesn't work, try OsxAptioDrv2Fix 

- if you are using a usb3 stick ,if you have one 2.0 ,try it...

let's see if someone have more suggestions.. :( 

c.frio

Thanks guys for responding.

magnifico i dont get what fake smc is actually, if you can just explain more and what to do in that case.

Joshua60 Okay i managed to reach the option by changing the Other OS to Windows 8/10, and i disabled the CSM and tried to boot but it does the same thing.

Edited by megasonix

hi...

if you used the @chris1111 installer the fakesmc is ok...

I have clover 3272 with 10.11.4 .. as rock z97...I'm on it now..

you can put fake... at 10.10 and "other" folder too...as I have...to try

c.frio

edit..

my skylake z170a  has his fakesmc too