El Capitan Skylake USB

116 posts in this topic

Thanks guys for responding.

magnifico i dont get what fake smc is actually, if you can just explain more and what to do in that case.

Joshua60 Okay i managed to reach the option by changing the Other OS to Windows 8/10, and i disabled the CSM and tried to boot but it does the same thing.

Boot 'IGPU' and 'Inject Intel' ?

hi...

@chris1111

could be Clover at "  El Capitan Skylake USB" (still 3371)  be updated as same base as 

(more frequently) Clover Special Edition is ?

c.frio

I try to Update Installer  most of the time

:wink_anim:

• Like 1

Thanks guys for responding.

magnifico i dont get what fake smc is actually, if you can just explain more and what to do in that case.

Joshua60 Okay i managed to reach the option by changing the Other OS to Windows 8/10, and i disabled the CSM and tried to boot but it does the same thing.

Please put your hardware on signature because no specs its very hard to helping

Hej chris1111,

I was just wondering since I am about to do a new clean install of 10.11.4 (already running at the moment, but wanted to document changes better next time), if you could clarify what your tool is exactly doing?

If I am not mistaken it creates the El Capitan Boot Stick, installs Clover and places a modifed config.plist for Z170 motherboards.

Would you be so kind and share the config.plists, so I can match them with mine? I have already created the Boot Stick and installed the newest version of Clover, so I just need a comparison to my config – since Clover wrote a lot of stuff in there, about which I am not sure if I really need it...

Have a look. I have also attached another reference config, created by another user with the same motherboard (ASUS Z170-Deluxe).

Thank you for your answer, but could you help me a bit more with the config and the kexts used? :)

Or do I have to reinstall the Boot Stick with your Installer to see what the config of your tool will look like and what kexts are going to be installed?

Thank you for your answer, but could you help me a bit more with the config and the kexts used? :)

Or do I have to reinstall the Boot Stick with your Installer to see what the config of your tool will look like and what kexts are going to be installed?

This is attaching config.plist

@chris1111

Hey chris,

I have some good updates. I managed to boot the installer and everything works perfectly :D the problem was so simple i just tried every single usb port i have on my motherboard and the case as well and there was a single port that passed the error and after that everything went good and the installer booted. However, while i was trying to solve the problem i was recreating the usb disk a lot and last time i tried to do so your installer didn't recognize the OS X so it passes the part of writing the el capitan OS X into the usb drive so it end up without the elcapitan.app in it and also the postinstallation which i will need after installing the hackintosh on my PC. I managed to write the OS X manually before starting ur installation using the terminal and i used ur clover to complete creating the usb and i used the usb and it worked after i discovered the solution of the "still waiting for root device" but the thing is that the postinstallation still not exist in the flash drive after creating the usb flash drive. Can you maybe upload it for me to download it and put it my self or if you know a solution to make the installer recognize the OS X again that would be better. Btw i deleted the OS X and redownloaded it just to make sure that it is on the system and recognized but the problem still exist. If you have any solution to this problem tell me please. 

Edit : 

Nevermind with the problem i solved it :) i also wanted to mention some little details about my "still waiting for root device" problem. I used 2.0 USB stick instead of 3.0 USB stick, and i played around with the ports untill i found the port that passes this error. I hope it works for whoever has this problem. Thanks a lot chris for your effort :D

Edited by megasonix
  • Like 1

Hi...

@chris1111..

as Clover is updated very fast and I understand to keep all your packages updated with Clover, is a hard job..

may I suggest you could  update the Skylake one, each  5 versions of Clover..so, it would be "updated" only few versions old..

and as Skylake will be the next platform guys will be buying...

or put a link to update Clover in it...think this should be more difficult..

c.frio

• Like 1

Hi...

@chris1111..

as Clover is updated very fast and I understand to keep all your packages updated with Clover, is a hard job..

may I suggest you could  update the Skylake one, each  5 versions of Clover..so, it would be "updated" only few versions old..

and as Skylake will be the next platform guys will be buying...

or put a link to update Clover in it...think this should be more difficult..

c.frio

I understand what you said but I am wait to perfect build before Update :yes:

You can used CSE anytime

• Like 1

hi...

@chris1111

Is time to update to clover 3431 as "special edition" ?  :)

any chance to mix " El Capitan Skylake" with "clover special edition"..

could maybe add at the option as the one "HD4600" at customize.

c.frio

hi...

@chris1111

Is time to update to clover 3431 as "special edition" ?  :)

any chance to mix " El Capitan Skylake" with "clover special edition"..

could maybe add at the option as the one "HD4600" at customize.

c.frio

No mix Installer  :rofl:  :angel:

The Skylake Update soon  :)

• Like 2

Hi All,  El Capitan installer could not recognize Intel 750 Nvme pcie ssd when trying to fresh-install (UEFI) thru GA-M170-D3H. Any success reported so far? Your comment and/or recommendation, if any, will be greatly appreciated.