AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

Please somebody help me :(

Sound not normal when headphone/headset connected and sound normal after I sleep and wake my laptop

My laptop Dell Inspiron 5458 core i3 5005U
Motherboard Dell.Inc 02X16F

Audio is Realtek ALC3234 (ALC255)
Vendor id 0x10ec0255
Revision id  0x100002

I've try all layout id ALC255 in pinconfig, that the result :
- Layout id 3, 13 and 17 --> in & out speaker and mic internal  work but when I using headphone/headset, the sound is not normal (must sleep and wake my laptop to get it normal)
- Layout id 27 --> in & out speaker work, mic internal not work and same problem with headphone/headset. My laptop will restart when I used layout id 27 for a while
- Layout id 28 --> in & out speaker work, mic internal not work and still same problem with headphone/headset

I've update to last version AppleALC.kect, Lilu.kext and CodecCommander.kext but still have problem with headphone/headset

Can you help me to fix that
I'm very thankfull for yor help and sorry for my english

I attach codec dump my audio

CodecDump.zip

@idris iqbal

try this with layoutID 11 (0B)

Hi @MacPeet

I have try your AppleALC and Lilu kext with layout id 11

In & out speaker and internal mic work perfectly but Im still have problem with headphone or headset, the sound is abnormal

I'm very apreciate for your help

thank you before

I attached my debug from my system2

debug_5925.zip

ALC269 - BRIX, layout-id: 1

ALC283 - NUC/BRIX, layout-id: 1

Both patch out ALC262

Thanks.

Hi, the situation with the resources is that they change the masked codec for the already present ones.

Current AppleALC assumption is that the patches are unified for the codec, and thus all the resources mask the same codec.

Could you please explain why masking to 262 is better than 1984 (which is currently used). Depending on the reasons we may go with:

- changing your codec to 1984

- changing other resources to 262

- modifying applealc to support different patches per layout (possible, but I need to be convinced that it is actually necessary).

• Like 2

@idris iqbal

try this:

attachicon.giftrial_ALC255_layoutID11_v2.zip

This codec is almost identical to LayoutID 3 from @Mirone.

Your codec_dump is actually logical and I have no other ideas.

Your headphone jack is a combination jack, probably causing interference. Try other headphones!

Thank you @macpeet

I'll try this one and hope this work

I've try with another headphone before and I have got same problem

I'm very appreciate for your help

Thank you so much

I'll report you later

Could you please explain why masking to 262 is better than 1984 (which is currently used). 

Better results with 262, i.e., very stable, never experienced one channel working, other not.

No need to make any changes to AppleALC.

• Like 2

Better results with 262, i.e., very stable, never experienced one channel working, other not.

No need to make any changes to AppleALC.

Alright, could you please tell us all the patches we should use in this case?

Now we have this patches in ALC283 info.plist:

post-1069282-0-81257800-1512668203_thumb.png

• Like 1

• Dell Inspiron 5578
  • ALC3253

The issue I'm having is very strange, and I'm not quite sure how to describe it.

The internal speakers are absolutely perfect, however the headphone port seems to be out of phase. Setting the fader to the left channel plays exclusively left, but it comes out of both channels. Setting the fader to the right channel plays exclusively right, but comes out of both channels.

Setting the fader to the middle however seems to cancel any audio that's present in both channels. Centred vocals for example immediately disappear, and you can only really hear things that are only present in only one channel in the recording.

I'm not exactly sure how to approach this. The laptop definitely uses ALC3253, and the wiki for AppleALC says to use layout 28.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Info.plist.zip

• Dell Inspiron 5578
  • ALC3253

The issue I'm having is very strange, and I'm not quite sure how to describe it.

The internal speakers are absolutely perfect, however the headphone port seems to be out of phase. Setting the fader to the left channel plays exclusively left, but it comes out of both channels. Setting the fader to the right channel plays exclusively right, but comes out of both channels.

Setting the fader to the middle however seems to cancel any audio that's present in both channels. Centred vocals for example immediately disappear, and you can only really hear things that are only present in only one channel in the recording.

I'm not exactly sure how to approach this. The laptop definitely uses ALC3253, and the wiki for AppleALC says to use layout 28.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Install Rehabman's CodecCommander.kext

Install Rehabman's CodecCommander.kext

CodecCommander is installed and I'm still having this error.

I've actually had CC installed since the very start, since it fixes my issue with no sound after sleep.

Out of curiosity I tried a boot without CodecCommander, and I still had the same out of phase issue, so regardless of CodecCommander I am having this issue.

alc665 on sandy bridge

Got the system working with no audio,

Placed applealc.kext and liluin usb>clover>other kext folder

Configured the clover configurator, added hdef and id = 13

i still see no sound device...please help

This is the last piece of the puzzle, this is an m14x r1 laptop

CodecCommander is installed and I'm still having this error.

I've actually had CC installed since the very start, since it fixes my issue with no sound after sleep.

Out of curiosity I tried a boot without CodecCommander, and I still had the same out of phase issue, so regardless of CodecCommander I am having this issue.

Post your CodecCommander here

Hi, I have an Asus FX553 laptop. I managed to get sound to work with profile 3 (IIRC other value also worked but the sound was choppy). What I lack is microphone. My laptop has a combo jack but I don´t currently use it.

Running Codec-Info printed this:

./Codec-Info.command 

HDEF@1F,3 = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Layout, hex: 0x00000003 , dec: 3

PinConfigurations:

1000a0902000179030000040f011114140108b00f01111413001a7905090f740f011114160102b01

Codecs Found: 1

HDA:

0 CodecAddress:0x0

VendorID: 0x10ec0235

RevisionID: 0x100002

CodecID: 283902517

Revision(dec):=1048578

Id=0x0235

Id(dec)=565

Vendor=0x10ec

Vendor(dec)=4332

File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: /Users/alex/Desktop/Info.plist

Merge: Error Reading File: Patch.plist

And the resulting file is attached.

EDIT: Not sure if helpful but this is what I got on Linux - everything works there (combo jack just tested):

[   10.136136] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0: autoconfig for ALC233: line_outs=1 (0x14/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0) type:speaker

[   10.136137] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:    speaker_outs=0 (0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
[   10.136139] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:    hp_outs=1 (0x21/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
[   10.136139] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:    mono: mono_out=0x0
[   10.136140] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:    inputs:
[   10.136141] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0:      Mic=0x1b

Info.zip

This looks like your AppleHDA not being original anymore...

It seems to missing some of the language "lproj"-files under /Contents/Resources....

Try to get an original Kext and install it into /System/Library/Extensions with tools like "Kext Utility" and see if the problems resolved after a reboot.

• Like 3