Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

I'm sorry guys I thought the sense of a community is to help each other, and learn from each other, but I've been wrong.

Since I know that people take my patches and share it as their own work, I lost the motivation. So I decided not to upload any improvements and updates. I'm sorry but I think this is the only way to prevent these users from stealing my work. Especially if the main sense is, to collect likes, or looking for money.

• Like 2

I'm sorry guys I thought the sense of a community is to help each other, and learn from each other, but I've been wrong.

Your sense of a community seems to be similar to copyright stuff.

Don't share if you want to keep things on your own. Need profit from community? Do like Microsoft and lately Apple: sell your stuff and good luck!

I am sorry you feel that way wern. I remember when we started this thread almost an year ago, I was so happy we got that creative sound card to work. There have been times when others also used my work as their own, but when you post something public, you don't do it for yourself you do it to help others out of kindness and hope that when you will have issues others will return the favour.

Yes, there will be morons who will abuse your kindness, but that should never stop you for helping those you feel should be helped.

My Hackintosh died about 2 months ago, MOBO got fried, looking to get a new Mobo, plus I got a 1080 GTX which doesn't work with OSX ARGH! But I was looking forward to getting my system back up and running with Sierra.

• Like 2

Your sense of a community seems to be similar to copyright stuff.

Don't share if you want to keep things on your own. Need profit from community? Do like Microsoft and lately Apple: sell your stuff and good luck!

It's a joke that Microsoft and Apple are demanding money for their products, they should give us everything free of charge  ;)   .

@all, i will not retire, i'll be back.

• Like 2

It's a joke that Microsoft and Apple are demanding money for their products, they should give us everything free of charge  ;)   .

@all, i will not retire, i'll be back.

I am willing to donate mate.

• Like 1

Finally a nice sunny day and i'm in a good mood. :)

I think it was not the right decision to not provide you with further updates anymore, and would say that it is not worth playing kindergarden with such guys.

I'm doing this for fun and free, if you want to donate, please donate to the forum. I would also like to thank the operators  :thumbsup_anim:  , without this forum we could not exchange and help each other or learn from each other.

• Like 4

I can't believe it. I finally have sound with volume control!

Grabbed your patch from today up above: AppleHDA.kext_10.12.3_front_HP.zip. I replaced my AppleHDA in /System/Library/Extensions and set layout-id to 0 with HDAS to HDEF renaming in clover plist, and it works! I don't have FixHDA on. I've been struggling with this for days. Both line out ports and the headphone ports on the back of the mobo work with volume control :) . The headphone port works on the front of the case as well. I don't have a mic/5.1 speakers/digital to test with right now.

They have basically given up on fixing the layouts for this codec on the AppleALC project for now, and I thought I was never going to get it working. Thank you Wern!

Is this what everyone else is doing with the AppleHDA? You can't put that in Clover and let it inject it over top of the other one, can you?

wern apfel ========= Thumbs up you are just the best ======== du bist der beste

Danke Rockey, das möchte ich aber nicht sein. :blush:

Found it! I guess it is now visible on my avatar. LoL.

You're now a special member.   :)

Is this what everyone else is doing with the AppleHDA? You can't put that in Clover and let it inject it over top of the other one, can you?

I think a dummy kext is also possible, but i've never tried it, i thought a fully patched kext is the easiest solution, especially for less experienced users.

Edit:

I've tried the latest AppleALC.kext and it works properly @Sierra, therefore i updated the AppleALC.kext, which should work from 10.9 to 10.12.

So far i remember the most of you prefer the layout with working front Headphones, so i made the layout 5 where you can use the front and rear HP simultaneously.

Please test all layouts, any feedback could be useful. The layout 1 i've done with the help of abdouoi and should work with Alienware laptops.

Until now, the included CodecCommander.kext is mandatory, you should install it to @/S/L/E

The lilu kext is in the AppleALC Plugin folder, if you have already installed it, delete one of both.

Here a short explanation:

layout-id  0: 5.1 default

1: 2.0 Alienware 15 R2 

2: 2.0 + front HP 

3: 2.0 + rear line-out

4: 5.1 with C/Sub

5: 2.0 front + rear HP, simultaneously

6: 5.1 with front HP

zip.gif  AppleALC_1.1.1.zip   653.16KB   1 downloads

The goal is, to have only one layout for the desktops, for this we have to fix the auto-switch mode for the front HP.

Front Mic is also possible, but probably without auto-switch , as far i remember it does not work even on Windows, please test it.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Danke Rockey, das möchte ich aber nicht sein. :blush:

You're now a special member.   :)

I think a dummy kext is also possible, but i've never tried it, i thought a fully patched kext is the easiest solution, especially for less experienced users.

Edit:

I've tried the latest AppleALC.kext and it works properly @Sierra, therefore i updated the AppleALC.kext, which should work from 10.9 to 10.12.

So far i remember the most of you prefer the layout with working front Headphones, so i made the layout 5 where you can use the front and rear HP simultaneously.

Please test all layouts, any feedback could be useful. The layout 1 i've done with the help of abdouoi and should work with Alienware laptops.

Until now, the included CodecCommander.kext is mandatory, you should install it to @/S/L/E

The lilu kext is in the AppleALC Plugin folder, if you have already installed it, delete one of both.

Here a short explanation:

layout-id  0: 5.1 default

1: 2.0 Alienware 15 R2 

2: 2.0 + front HP 

3: 2.0 + rear line-out

4: 5.1 with C/Sub

5: 2.0 front + rear HP, simultaneously

6: 5.1 with front HP

zip.gif  AppleALC_1.1.1.zip   653.16KB   1 downloads

The goal is, to have only one layout for the desktops, for this we have to fix the auto-switch mode for the front HP.

Front Mic is also possible, but probably without auto-switch , as far i remember it does not work even on Windows, please test it.

I have a gigabyte gaming 7 which has the same audio card, I installed voodoohda but the jack connections were completely wrong so I'm trying with AppleALC, I've removed everything of voodoo hda then

- installed applealc with the commander kext

- added the FixHDA_8000 in clover

- Inject audio to 2 as I have a desktop (from what I know that should be the layout-id), I also have ResetHDA enabled

However in sound settings it doesn't see any device, also dmesg doesn't show anything about AppleALC or AppleHDA, any idea?

I've found out that by replacing AppleHDA seems I got a step further, now I see just "Internal speakers", "Digital out" and the monitor hdmi output, I've tried layout-id 0 2 3 5, nothing, still the same outputs and no way to attach headphones..

Any clue?

So I've tried any layout-id by changing clover audio inject from 0 to 13, still nothing, only internal speaker output, no way to use line-out (I've my headphones attached to rear line-out and mic and only mic works)

So I've tried any layout-id by changing clover audio inject from 0 to 13, still nothing, only internal speaker output, no way to use line-out (I've my headphones attached to rear line-out and mic and only mic works)

You should connect your Headphones to the rear or front Headphone jack, if the device name is "Internal Speakers" you don't use one of my kexts.

Make sure you use an untouched AppleHDA.kext, remove VoodooHDA.kext, AppleHDADisabler/Enabler.kext, Creative*CA0132.kext then put AppleALC.kext + Lilu.kext to clover/kexts/other, CodecCommander to /S/L/E, repair permissions, rebuild the cache, reboot. Try layout-id from 0 to 6

Alternatively, remove VoodooHDA.kext, AppleHDADisabler/Enabler.kext, Creative*CA0132.kext set the layout-id to 0 and install a fully patched kext to /S/L/E repair permissions, rebuild the cache, reboot.

PS:  I have set the layout-id via DSDT.aml.

I have probably found the solution how the CA0132 users can switch from 5.1 to the front Headphone.

Apple has a jack switch function, where we can manually switch from input to output, it works on my laptop, I will try it later on my desktop, it would be cool if we could use it for the headphone switch.

post-448675-0-06922000-1491058608_thumb.gif

• 5 weeks later...

thanks to this I've been able to get my Audio on my Alienware M17x R4 working well enough for my needs, but there is a quirk I can't quite seem to work out.

in a nutshell, when I close the lid the internal speakers go quiet, but when I open it, they won't play sound. if I plug something in the headphones and unplug again it comes back.

if I have the headphones in and close the lid and re-open, then the headphones don't work until I unplug them (in which case the speakers work okay). so it seems the current output device doesn't reset correctly when the lid is opened.

I've got codec commander installed, and I've had a look at the settings in the plist, but I can't quite work out if any of these are what I need to change, none I did change made any difference. I've tried the kext in /L/E, S/L/E and its currently in COVER/kexts/Other, but the result is always the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, no, the Soundblaster Z doesn't seem to work with this project - at least not when I tried some of these drivers a couple of months ago. The best I've been able to do is get the microphone port working with VoodooHDA - no output though.

Sadly, no, the Soundblaster Z doesn't seem to work with this project - at least not when I tried some of these drivers a couple of months ago. The best I've been able to do is get the microphone port working with VoodooHDA - no output though.

thank you, but i think we can ask developers of those audio driver for a patch to support CA0132 on the sound blaster z series, if it works on the motherboards, it can work on the pcie cards too

• Like 1

in a nutshell, when I close the lid the internal speakers go quiet, but when I open it, they won't play sound. if I plug something in the headphones and unplug again it comes back.

if I have the headphones in and close the lid and re-open, then the headphones don't work until I unplug them (in which case the speakers work okay). so it seems the current output device doesn't reset correctly when the lid is opened.

which layout-id do you use?

I've got codec commander installed, and I've had a look at the settings in the plist, but I can't quite work out if any of these are what I need to change, none I did change made any difference. I've tried the kext in /L/E, S/L/E and its currently in COVER/kexts/Other, but the result is always the same.

An untouched CodecCommander.kext from RehabMan or TimeWalker does nothing for the CA0132 codec, you need one i've provided in this topic, and should be installed to /S/L/E.

thank you, but i think we can ask developers of those audio driver for a patch to support CA0132 on the sound blaster z series, if it works on the motherboards, it can work on the pcie cards too

It could work with the right edits, but it has a different device-id, what means it will not work with the kexts from 1st page. We've made some tests with imrazor, but so far i remember, i did not got all the necessary infos.

You can try out the patched kext from the conversations which i have done with imrazor, you must also rename the PCI device to HDEF at the ACPI code.

I'm sorry, I do not have much time at the moment.

Vanilla AppleHDA.kext + AppleALC.kext (EFI/kext/other) + CodecCommander.kext(System/Library/Extensions), after that Rebuild cache (with Kext Wizard).

Config as attached photo. I tried Inject = 1 & 2. Not working still. Am I missing anything?

I tried that patched AppleHDA method too. Not working.

I don't wish to use VoodooHDA, because it couldn't control volume (even I edited the plist).

Any idea?  :)

System: Alienware 15 R1 (Early 2015) + Clover r4061

CPU: i7-4710HQ / HM87

Graphics: GTX 970M (Optimus) / Intel HD 4600

applealc-config.tiff