Get tool Hex Fiend

Now sound worked.

Clover x99 patch not work 10.11.4

Fixed x99 patch

Find 208C

Replace All 208D

Get tool Hex Fiend

Now sound worked.

I'm not using any patch so that's why it worked for me just after installing the Kext provided by Wern Apfel. But the patch you're talking about might be helpful to some people using a patch

• 2 weeks later...

Hei guys,

I just upgraded to 10.11.4 and after one day of struggle I've managed to get everything back up and running.

Unfortunately I can;t get the sound to work. The problems is my DSDT.

The DSDT that I used until 10.11.3 can be found here: GA-X99-Gaming 5P

But this Dsdt is not working anymore with 10.11.4 and either kernel panics or just hangs during boot. Therefore I can no longer set my layout ID and consequently I can't get your AppleHDA to work.

Thank you very much! My system boots with this DSDT.

Unfortunately I can't get the sound to work because OSX will kernel panic if I enable the kext patch 208C to 208D in clover.

Without the kernel patch I get assertion errors in AppleHDAController during boot and the sound won't work.

It works without the DSDT. But I have no idea what the HDA fix is or the controller patch.

Plus without the DSDT I have no HDMI audio or any audio of any kind. The system doesn't detect any audio card without your DSDT.

You mean to try to patch 208C to something else?

Or to patch a different string to 208D.

From what I see, in your DSDT the device-id is set 0xBB, 0x0F, 0x00, 0x00 - which I have no idea what it means.

EDIT:

My understanding from that thread is that I should patch 208C to A08C . Which in my case leads to a similar kernel panic. I am sorry, I really don't understand very well what I am supposed to do.

It worked! 

I have

Output: Line Out (rear), Digital Out

Input: Internal Microphone 

I suppose I would be asking too much if I wanted my front Line Out to work as well...

Either way, wern apfel you are the greatest. If you have BTC account I will send a small token of appreciation. 

Have you tried the rear HP jack ?, it should als work.

Here a kext with front HP, 5.1 is also possible, if someone needs the rear orange jack i will upload a kext with working 5.1 @ rear green, black, and orange jack

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_10.11.4_front_HP.zip

Thanks Apfel 

First time worked HP I like this I know how long you spend this.

thank you so much your hard work.

Thanks Apfel 

First time worked HP I like this I know how long you spend this.

thank you so much your hard work.

I guess this i the first time you use one of my kexts in its initial state, you've always changed the layout-id and unfortunately also removed some needed entries.

I don't remember that someone asked for working front HP.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You can try the kext from post 216, remove the dummy kext, disable the clover OTF patch and set layout-id to 0. 

If you can't do it, upload your dsdt and config.plist, i will edit the files for you.

I you people don't mind, try this "on the fly patch" from vit9696 with the valuable help of vandroiy2012 for CA0132.

I'm using wern apfel AppleHDA.kext_10.11.4_front_HP.zip in /S*/L*/E* and it works. 

I dont have the same result with the Clover Version you can find here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-—-dynamic-applehda-patching/?p=2237829

It's a great sollution, that keep AppleHDA.ket untouched, so no problem after any system update....

Give it a try, and give your comments.

Cheers

hi can you upload the full feature one please ?

I don't no if i have a full featured kext, i've no front panel, no 5.1 system only two headphones for testing.

You have to ask nmano (manor) Andress and Mirone, regarding to this post they made some non public tests, here is also an discussion, maybe they know more about this kext, they/he also quickly repatch the kexts after i've had upload a test sample. I don't now what they/he intend but they keep user away from my test files, because a lack of testers and poor feedback i've give it up.

At this point i wanna say thanks to the few users how give me feedback.

You can also ask @Andress topic for testers, maybe you have more luck, i guess all those users have this codec.

• Like 1

I don't no if i have a full featured kext, i've no front panel, no 5.1 system only two headphones for testing.

Thanks wern apfel. I was just referring to your post #216 where you were saying :

if someone needs the rear orange jack i will upload a kext with working 5.1 @ rear green, black, and orange jack.

So I need that kext, if you can find it :) 

Thank you.