Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

Thats strange, is your laptop not the same like Kestrel.Brights

Here another one attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext.zip

This time only 1 numeric output and no input(microphone). Seems like we don't have the same laptop with Kestrel.Bright. Can you start back with the Kext from post #241 and just add volume to microphone ?

Here a few test samples for Alienware laptops

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_1.zip attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_2.zip attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_3.zip

You can also try this kext which has no output volume control, but you should try it to see if there is input volume control. 

In all the test samples, my digital output was missing. The sample #2 had auto switch when connecting/disconnecting headphones. Also the sample #2 had high microphone volume compared to the kext from post #252 but it made Siri difficult to understand me (you can compare the screenshots from sample 2 and kext from post #252 to see that the volume is high in sample 2).

I think I have 2 microphones (one left and one right), I'm telling this because I see two holes for the microphone. Is it possible ?

Here is my audio codec dump if it can help you

testResults.zip

audio_codec_dump.txt

I think I have 2 microphones (one left and one right), I'm telling this because I see two holes for the microphone. Is it possible ?

Yes, you have a microphone array, but i remember that it did not work with my patch.

Here another samples

AppleHDA.kext_S:PDIF.zip AppleHDA.kext_line_in.zip AppleHDA.kext_line_in_2.zip

• Like 1

Yes, you have a microphone array, but i remember that it did not work with my patch.

Here another samples

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_S:PDIF.zip attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_line_in.zip attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_line_in_2.zip

Digital output is back now. In all the samples, the volume control was not in sync with the volume in the menu bar. The sample "AppleHDA.kext_line_in_2" "Internal microphone" didn't have volume control but the "Line in" had volume control (I mad the test to see volume level when connecting an apple earphone in the microphone hole but Siri couldn't understand me). Can you configure kext from post #241 for auto-switch of connecting/disconnecting headphones ? 

testResults2.zip

Can you configure kext from post #241 for auto-switch of connecting/disconnecting headphones ? 

Does the codec work as it should at linux ?, i think that the mic input is not to low but distorted, with quicktime you can start a new audio recording and listen how it sounds, it 's better to do it with headphones to avoid back coupling.

Here the 241 kext with some edits: AppleHDA.kext_241_HP_switch.zip AppleHDA.kext_241_2.zip AppleHDA.kext_241_3.zip

thanks for your help, the sample #2 enough for me.

Do you have the same results like abdouoi ?

• Like 1

Does the codec work as it should at linux ?, i think that the mic input is not to low but distorted, with quicktime you can start a new audio recording and listen how it sounds, it 's better to do it with headphones to avoid back coupling.

Here the 241 kext with some edits: attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_241_HP_switch.zip attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_241_2.zip attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_241_3.zip

Do you have the same results like abdouoi ?

The sample "AppleHDA.kext_241_HP_switch" doesn't have the switch. But the switch is present in "AppleHDA.kext_241_2" and "AppleHDA.kext_241_3". All the samples are missing ambient noise reduction(for the microphone) that I have in kext from post #241. Also For the two samples having the switch working, there is a sync issue between the volume controller in the tab bar and the volume controller in Sounds settings. I have attached some screenshots from linux (Ubuntu). The input level is present and working under linux

sound_mic_linux.zip

For all the samples, auto-switch works but there is no sound unless I put the headphones. Ambient noise reduction functionality is now back and working (tested with QuickTime recording). In the samples "AppleHDA.kext_sync_diff"and "AppleHDA.kext_sync_linein" the built-in microphone is still low but Siri can understand me and the line in is very low. Please fix the sound for output.

After these tests, I've updated Sierra to beta 3. Now these samples doesn't have audio detection at all. Can you patch the AppleHDA of Sierra beta 3 please ? I have attached the original AppleHDA kext from Sierra beta 3

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Do you have sound after you unplug the HP ?, strange that it behaves different than my desktop.

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_diff_sync_patch.zip attachicon.gifAppleHDA.diff_switch.zip attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_Sierra.zip

tested AppleHDA.diff_switch.zipboth built-in speaker and built-in headphone have no voice,  after unplug the HP still no voice at first.

But I entered Windows and back to OS X , then all works.

built-in speaker: yes

built-in headphone: yes

detective/switch: yes

built-in mic: yes

kestrel’s iMac.zip