[pre-release] OS X El Capitan 10.11.1

blackosx

104 posts in this topic

See my latest post

Ok, that wasn't quite what I asked for. :P Although it kinda points to a problem with OsxAptioDrv2, at least the newer versions.

I only used OsxAptioDrv2. That's why I was interested in another test with the same driver, but with an older version of it.

Ok, that wasn't quite what I asked for. :P Although it kinda points to a problem with OsxAptioDrv2, at least the newer versions.

I only used OsxAptioDrv2. That's why I was interested in another test with the same driver, but with an older version of it.

I tested 3259 and I have little white square flashing for 1sec

I tested 3259 and I have little white square flashing for 1sec

Ook...that's a new result. :)) But it doesn't seem to have anything to do with our inverted colors.

So, with 3259 and OsxAptioFixDrv2 you have no inverted colors, but you have a white square flashing for 1 second... Interesting. :)

Thank you! :)

Yes but OsxAptioFixDrv

Perfect

Well, that one is ok with newer Clover versions, as well. :) Also, I'm not sure when was the last time anything was changed with OsxAptioFixDrv (1). And also, if I remember correctly, the reason why changes have been implemented to OsxAptioFixDrv2, was exactly the fact that some people, on some hardware, were not able to run GM anymore using that driver. So anyway, let's just say that the current problem is only with OsxAprioFixDrv2. :D Cool, I like these results. We're going somewhere.

Thank you for testing!

Could you guys try Clover 3259, as well, and report back? I don't seem to have any more issues with that one.

In the meantime, I'm gonna try the update and report back myself (if I can find the update...).

I installed the latest version of clover (3270) and for now the problem is gone. I'm using OsxAptioFixDrv2. Before I was using OsxAptioFixDrv2 too.

I installed the latest version of clover (3270) and for now the problem is gone. I'm using OsxAptioFixDrv2. Before I was using OsxAptioFixDrv2 too.

Which Clover version were you using before?

Update: I just got the same issue again. Twice in a row. With Clover 3259

1. I tried booting up -> I got to login screen with inverted colors -> rebooted from there

2. after reboot I got a kp and automatic reboot

3. after the second reboot, I got to the login screen with inverted colors again -> I rebooted from there

4. after the 3rd reboot, all fine.

Which Clover version were you using before?

Update: I just got the same issue again. Twice in a row. With Clover 3259

1. I tried booting up -> I got to login screen with inverted colors -> rebooted from there

2. after reboot I got a kp and automatic reboot

3. after the second reboot, I got to the login screen with inverted colors again -> I rebooted from there

4. after the 3rd reboot, all fine.

Then update to 3264 or later...

Then update to 3264 or later...

I wish it were that simple. :) I had 3276 before. Same issue. I haven't tried 3277 yet. Maybe I will tonight. I just wanted to share that, apparently, even with older versions of Clover (and of OsxAptioFix2Drv) the issue is still present, for some reason.

guys

your problem is not related to this topic... please, continue to discuss Clover issue in Clover forum.  Thank you!   :)  You’re the best!   ;)

Right now, we're not (or at least I'm not) 100% sure this is a Clover issue. Since, apparently, older or newer versions of it don't make any difference to the actual issue.

So it might be something with this update, and not Clover... Which would make it more "on-topic" for this thread than the Clover one. We could continue on the Clover thread, of course. But if it's not Clover related, and so far, it doesn't look like it is, we'll have to come back here. :))

I know it's hard to keep a section organized when you have so many related issues. I know.

Well, if you still think it would be best to move this to the Clover thread, we will.

And thank you! :)

• Like 1

I wish it were that simple. :) I had 3276 before. Same issue. I haven't tried 3277 yet. Maybe I will tonight. I just wanted to share that, apparently, even with older versions of Clover (and of OsxAptioFix2Drv) the issue is still present, for some reason.

Right now, we're not (or at least I'm not) 100% sure this is a Clover issue. Since, apparently, older or newer versions of it don't make any difference to the actual issue.

So it might be something with this update, and not Clover... Which would make it more "on-topic" for this thread than the Clover one. We could continue on the Clover thread, of course. But if it's not Clover related, and so far, it doesn't look like it is, we'll have to come back here. :))

Just wanted to chime in and say I saw a similar situation with my colours inverted last night on the latest public beta when an older version of FakeSMC.kext (6.11.xxx) was installed by mistake and then fixed when reverted to a newer version (6.18.xxx).

Cheers,

Aj

Just wanted to chime in and say I saw a similar situation with my colours inverted last night on the latest public beta when an older version of FakeSMC.kext (6.11.xxx) was installed by mistake and then fixed when reverted to a newer version (6.18.xxx).

Cheers,

Aj

Ok, so this introduces a new variable into the equation: FakeSMC. I don't remember which version do I have, not sure it's the latest one (probably not), but I'll try it tonight. Thing is, it might as well be just a coincidence, because a simple reboot of the computer will (temporarily) get rid of the issue, as well.

But nonetheless, I'll give that a try, as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Update: I already got FakeSMC 6.18.1394. So I guess that runs out this theory.