Dual boot window 8 and OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.3) (iATKOS S3 V2)

MacStorm

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I tried to install iATKOS S3 V2 on my old Acer Extensa 4620 (not 4620z). The installation worked (though I had to remove the battery), and i could not boot into the OS. So i tried -v -x, and it worked, and I could set it up. But the verbose mode showed a lot of errors about something like AppleUSBUHCI.kext not loading or something.

The main issue is that my trackpad isnt working, usb mouse not working, wireless mouse also tried, not working.   But the keyboard is working.!

Any suggestions on how to get back my mouse(stuck on top left of screen)??

(Last resort, I can install it again, if someone tells me what drivers to enable, because the last install worked on some random selection of drivers)

:(

Thanks in advance

----------------------------------

SYSTEM SPECS (if required) [ If any more required, ask)

----------------------------------

Model : Acer Extensa 4620

Processer: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz

RAM : 3 GB DDR2

Graphics / Display : Mobile intel 965 express chipset family (I also see X3100 somewhere)

BIOS : (Dont know for sure) Phoenix  v1.00PARTTBL

HDD : 160GB

??

In dxdiag, I found PS/2 devices connected

::

HID Keyboard Device

Standard PS/2 Keyboard

PS/2 Compatible Mouse

HID Compliant mouse.

And also, my mouse and keyboard both worked DURING the install, but not after it

????

Edit:

Reinstalling with the proper drivers might be better, if somebody provides me with a list of drivers :lol:

Edited by fantomas1
Pick an appropriate title and tags (if any) for your post. A good title makes it easier to find what you are looking for. Using informative tags allows for improved searching of related topics.

• 1 month later...

The message you see is that USB could not identify, is not loaded and hence not working. You have to boot with the iAtkos DVD and reinstall. I would also format the partition, so to make a clean installation and not a repair. Before you proceed, click on the Customize button and make sure you include USB drivers. While you are at Disk Utility, make two partitions. One Mac OS Extended Journaled for Snow Leopard and one FAT32 for Windows. Later, when installing Windows, you'll see a message that you cannot install in FAT32. Format the partition to NTFS and proceed. At this point you should be able to boot to Windows but not Mac OS. There are some changes you can do to Windows Boot Loader to include a choice for Mac OS, but it is easier to just boot with the iAtkos DVD and install Chameleon bootloader to the Mac partition. Then you should be able to choose from Chameleon.