Workstation 11/12, Player 7/12, Fusion 7/8 and ESXi 6 Mac OS X Unlocker 2

Donk

691 posts in this topic

@donk:

Thanks for your efforts regarding this issue.

Yes, my ESXi server is a HP ProLiant MicroServer 2 CPUs AMD Turion II Neo N54L Dual-Core @ 2,196 GHz. I am aware of the AMD issue but I've been experimenting with the UEFI files as well as the CPU masking but no success. I also have the MacOS10.8 Niresh image which is supposed to support AMD out of the box.

What exactly do I have to configure? Do I need the UEFI file​​ efi64-srvr.rom? Which CPU masking and what else in the .vmx? I do have a legal 10.8 Installer from the AppStore as well as I purchased 10.8 some time back. However it needs to be done, I would love to have a working MacOS on my ESXi rather than on my Workstation.

A HowTo for this would indeed be a good idea.​

This can only be done with a retail installer and an AMD kernel which matches the OS X version. I have no real expertise in this area and you will need to have a look at the AMD kernels section of this forum to find the best option to move forward.

As for CPU masking some work  using VMware parameters was tried over a year ago but it didn't work due to other CPU specific MSRs which were not available on an AMD CPU. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298201-maverick-on-esxi-opteron-board/

@donk: you have no real expertise in this area? You were involved in quite a lot of discussions regarding modified kernels and you were actively working on this, so I have some doubts regarding your statement ;-)

From the post you mention​ it appears that everything was working fine except the VMware Tools. What I don't see though, how did he install 10.9 in the first place?

I have browsed through this forum but I haven't seen the same issue I have had.

When I run the win-install command file, it opens up and automatically shuts down before I get to read anything.

I ran it as Administrator, I have both Python 3.5 and Python 2.7.1 installed. I have VMWare Workstation Pro 12.

Any ideas?

I'm having issues with the patching. I'm guessing the standalone python is not working well but i really couldn't tell.

Any advice ?

attachicon.gifpyinstaller.png

Can you try running it in a path without accented characters? There seems to be issue logged for pyinstaller with non-English characters in the path. pysinatller is used to create the unlocker.exe.

Damn,

I found posts pointing out issues with chineses caracter, didn't though it would do the same with accents.

It did the trick, thanks a lot !

Fixed in just released pyinstaller 3. Will use for 2.0.8 which is nearly done.

Hello,

Just a short noob question please.

Planning to install Unlocker 2 with the win-install on the sistem with several already installed images. Vmware wokstation 12.

Am i suppossed to expect any difficulties running the previous images ?

Why is the also an uninstall script ? It seems to me like a nice upgrade to Vmware or i am missing some catch?

Thank you

Alex

Hello,

Just a short noob question please.

Planning to install Unlocker 2 with the win-install on the sistem with several already installed images. Vmware wokstation 12.

Am i suppossed to expect any difficulties running the previous images ?

Why is the also an uninstall script ? It seems to me like a nice upgrade to Vmware or i am missing some catch?

Thank you

Alex

When you say already installed images, do you mean non OS X virtual machines, or you have OS X VM's and are upgrading to Workstation 12?

If you have upgraded the recommended procedure is uninstall the unlocker, upgrade Workstation or Player and reinstall the unlocker, in truth when you upgrade Workstation it uninstalls the old version so you have to reinstall the unlocker anyway, but do not forget to reboot between each step.

If you ahve ono OS X VM's already working in Workstation 12, then installing the unlocker followed by a reboot will have no effect on other Windows or Linux VM's, it will just add direct support for OS X.

I have Workstation 12 and running 5 independant images ( 4 windows and 1 linux ) there are some very important enviromets i could not afford to loose.

But it seems that you answered my question and THANK YOU. It is just an "feature upgare to workstation"n and will not invade my old enviromet or jeopardize stability of other VM.

I have Workstation 12 and running 5 independant images ( 4 windows and 1 linux ) there are some very important enviromets i could not afford to loose.

But it seems that you answered my question and THANK YOU. It is just an "feature upgare to workstation"n and will not invade my old enviromet or jeopardize stability of other VM.

Although the feature upgrade to support OS X should not affect other virtual machines, please be aware this is a completely unsupported configuration and if other VM's are of sufficient importance then either ensure you have them backed up before applying the unlocker, or do not use to ensure complete stability of critical VM's.

Having said all that, I, Donk and many others have been running the unlocker of many years without any problems or impact on Windows or Linux VM's running alongside OS X, but this is at your own risk!

Here are the error messages I get when running osx in vmware 12 on windows 10 at boot up

EFI VMware Vitual SATA Hard Drive (0.0) Unsuccessful

EFI VMware Virtual SATA CDROM DRIVE (1.0)  Unsuccessful

EFI Network.......

then I get the blue boot manager

Coverted the file from osx yosmite app got the dgm and conveted to iso

downloaded vmware workstation pro 12 added the unlock software

also made sure these two lines were in vxm

smc.present = "TRUE"

smc.version = "0"

thanks for any feedback

thanks

xstation

Here are the error messages I get when running osx in vmware 12 on windows 10 at boot up

EFI VMware Vitual SATA Hard Drive (0.0) Unsuccessful
EFI VMware Virtual SATA CDROM DRIVE (1.0)  Unsuccessful
EFI Network.......

then I get the blue boot manager

Coverted the file from osx yosmite app got the dgm and conveted to iso
downloaded vmware workstation pro 12 added the unlock software
also made sure these two lines were in vxm

smc.present = "TRUE"
smc.version = "0"

thanks for any feedback
thanks
xstation

Well whatever you have created is not bootable. How exactly did you create bootable media?

How soon can we expect Unlocker 208? And will it fix Windows 10 installer issues? Since you can't seem to be bothered answering my previous post at least answer this one.

There aren't any issues with Win10 and 2.07 installer.

Probably not a good way to get help - gripe when someone doesn't answer you right away?

How soon can we expect Unlocker 208? And will it fix Windows 10 installer issues? Since you can't seem to be bothered answering my previous post at least answer this one.

2.0.8 is being tested at the moment and want to release it at the weekend. I cannot see any issues on Windows 10, so can you post the output of running the unlocker please?

As for not replying I do have other things in my life that take time and energy. This project is for fun, not profit or commercially supported software.

There aren't any issues with Win10 and 2.07 installer.

Probably not a good way to get help - gripe when someone doesn't answer you right away?

Thanks!

in answer to the the question that the iso is not boot able I use a program called 

dmg2img from the command line

dmg2img <source file.dmg> <destination file.iso>

i am wondering i think I did not use command line as administrator maybe thats why?

xstation

in answer to the the question that the iso is not boot able I use a program called 

dmg2img from the command line

dmg2img <source file.dmg> <destination file.iso>

i am wondering i think I did not use command line as administrator maybe thats why?

xstation

That only works for pre-Yosemite versions. You need to run a more complex process to create an installer. Look here for guidance http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290949-how-to-install-os-x-10x-from-snow-leopard-to-el-capitan-in-vmware-workstation-1012-player-68-or-esxi-56/

New tutorial here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309556-run-vanilla-os-x-el-capitan-in-vmware-workstation-12-on-a-windows-host/