Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

i installed the codecCommander kext now with Kext Wizard and reboot but it's still the same issue 

no audio after waking from sleep mode..

Try to clear kext cache and reboot twice then test again. Also I recommend using EasyKext Utility to install kexts in SLE as it is robust and easy. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I miss you guys, hehe. 

I have a question, I'm still with Yosemite, but there is something that is not okay at all to me. Is there a way to turn the brightness down? Well, changing the brightness is working but the lowest level is still white strong for my eyes and it's killing me.  :(

Hey I miss you guys, hehe.

I have a question, I'm still with Yosemite, but there is something that is not okay at all to me. Is there a way to turn the brightness down? Well, changing the brightness is working but the lowest level is still white strong for my eyes and it's killing me. :(

Hi,

I don't have this problem as my lowest brightness results in almost if not exact black display. For your case I think the ACPI tables are patched correctly for brightness but make sure you have installed the brightness kext and that you have proper graphics + proper power management. All of that are necessary so check them all.

Hey @ahmed_ais,

After your update to 10.11.5, is the sound working?

As per this thread, http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-10-11-4-broken-audio-with-applehda-injector-dummyhda.188853/, your method should not work in 10.11.5?

Hi. Yes the sound is working just fine after the update. The topic you mentioned is correct as AppleHDA was updated in 10.11.4 and many injectors failed at that time. My injector, fortunately, survived the changes because it was coded to copy the entire Info.plist from AppleHDA then patch it to include the proper codecs. So the changes in AppleHDA are considered in my injector by default and no problems. The only thing that was required back then (and now if you are updating directly from a version prior to 10.11.4) is to re-apply the patch.

• Like 1

Hi. Yes the sound is working just fine after the update. The topic you mentioned is correct as AppleHDA was updated in 10.11.4 and many injectors failed at that time. My injector, fortunately, survived the changes because it was coded to copy the entire Info.plist from AppleHDA then patch it to include the proper codecs. So the changes in AppleHDA are considered in my injector by default and no problems. The only thing that was required back then (and now if you are updating directly from a version prior to 10.11.4) is to re-apply the patch.

Awesome! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,
I suffer from 2 problems:

1) No HDMI <---- MOST IMPORTANT
2) Graphic buffer 7MB

1) I have to give a speech with some video and show something from XCode. I downloaded your config.plist (from topic) and I uploaded it to my EFI partition (it should have everything it needs). I used VoodooHDA and didn't even have AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E/ So I downloaded it from USB installer and ran kextwizard to install it in /S/L/E/ then I could use script .sh from ahmed. Now what?

2) Less imporant: I installed in /S/L/E/ FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext. I have your config.plist (as I wrote in point 1) adn I still have 7MB buffer. Any ideas?

Hello there,

I suffer from 2 problems:

1) No HDMI <---- MOST IMPORTANT

2) Graphic buffer 7MB

1) I have to give a speech with some video and show something from XCode. I downloaded your config.plist (from topic) and I uploaded it to my EFI partition (it should have everything it needs). I used VoodooHDA and didn't even have AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E/ So I downloaded it from USB installer and ran kextwizard to install it in /S/L/E/ then I could use script .sh from ahmed. Now what?

2) Less imporant: I installed in /S/L/E/ FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext. I have your config.plist (as I wrote in point 1) adn I still have 7MB buffer. Any ideas?

Hi. 

Regarding (1), do you refer to HDMI-Audio or the HDMI altogether not working (Audio+Video)? I think HDMI is not working at all in your case because of (2) so let's fix that first.

First, I don 't recommend using KextWizard with 10.11 and I prefer EasyKext Utility instead. Second, the config.plist I put in the guide is not complete. You need to edit that config.plist to include SMBIOS info (MBP11,1 is good choice) and this step is very important for fixing graphics.

Assuming you correctly edited the config.plist and reinstalled the kexts using EasyKext Utility and graphics are still not fine, I would start from scratch reinstalling OSX to insure you did not miss with anything.

I used Clover configurator to create some SMBIOS and then copied it to config.plsit (at first I got white crossed circle on black background while booting but finally I did it). But nothing changed :/

In my EFI in kexts I got (everything is in 10.11 besides FakeSMC --> it is everywhere)

- FakeSMC (everywhere)

- APCIBacklight

- ACPIBatteryManager

- AtherosE2200Ethernet

- VoodooPS2Controller

I also installed AppleHDA, FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kexts in /S/L/E/

Oh and also AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

Now, when I copied SMBIOS I cannot donwload anything from AppStore (even OS X El Capitan). If you could help me that would be wonderful. Maybe if I have working OS then we could sort what is missing out.

I used Clover configurator to create some SMBIOS and then copied it to config.plsit (at first I got white crossed circle on black background while booting but finally I did it). But nothing changed :/

In my EFI in kexts I got (everything is in 10.11 besides FakeSMC --> it is everywhere)

- FakeSMC (everywhere)

- APCIBacklight

- ACPIBatteryManager

- AtherosE2200Ethernet

- VoodooPS2Controller

I also installed AppleHDA, FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kexts in /S/L/E/

Oh and also AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

Now, when I copied SMBIOS I cannot donwload anything from AppStore (even OS X El Capitan). If you could help me that would be wonderful. Maybe if I have working OS then we could sort what is missing out.

I really don't know why you needed to install AppleHDA or AppleIntelFramebufferAzul kexts and why you ever need to touch them. This gives me feelings that you have missed with the system and we might waste a lot of time trying to clean the mess. If you have a USB installer ready then I highly recommend clean install of OSX. If not then try to make one using the current setup. I understand that you have issues with AppStore so try to fix that first. If the issues are related to SMBIOS then maybe you made a mistake somewhere. You may attach the config.plist so I take a look on it if you like.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>FixHDA_8000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>
		</dict>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DropOem</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<dict>
				<key>CStates</key>
				<false/>
				<key>PStates</key>
				<false/>
			</dict>
		</dict>
		<key>SortedOrder</key>
		<array>
			<string>SSDT.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-6.aml</string>
			<string>SSDT-7.aml</string>
		</array>
	</dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>dart=0 darkwake=10</string>
		<key>CustomLogo</key>
		<false/>
		<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>LastBootedVolume</string>
		<key>Fast</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<string>PBR</string>
		<key>Log</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>-1</integer>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<string>3</string>
			<key>ResetHDA</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>IntelGFX</key>
			<string>0x04128086</string>
		</dict>
		<key>USB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>AddClockID</key>
			<false/>
			<key>FixOwnership</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>UseIntelHDMI</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
	<key>DisableDrivers</key>
	<array>
		<string>Nothing</string>
	</array>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Windows</string>
			<string>BOOTX64.EFI</string>
		</array>
		<key>Language</key>
		<string>en:0</string>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Speed</key>
			<integer>8</integer>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>ScreenResolution</key>
		<string>1920x1080</string>
		<key>TextOnly</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>bootcamp</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CustomEDID</key>
		<data>
		AP///////wAw5BYEAAAAAAAXAQSQIxN4ChXVnllQmCYOUFQAAAABAQEBAQEB
		AQEBAQEBAQEBGjaAoHA4H0AwIDUAWcIQAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
		AAAA/gBMRyBEaXNwbGF5CiAgAAAA/gBMUDE1NldGMS1UTEMyAGw=
		</data>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>InjectEDID</key>
		<true/>
		<key>ig-platform-id</key>
		<string>0x0a260006</string>
	</dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
		<true/>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<false/>
		<key>KernelCpu</key>
		<false/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External icons patch</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				RXh0ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				SW50ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Boot graphics glitch, 10.11</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AQAAdRc=
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AQAAdBc=
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>0x0a260006 9MB cursor bytes patch</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<string>0600260a01030303000000020000300100006000</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<string>0600260a01030303000000020000300100009000</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Enable internal display after sleep for 0x0a2e000a, 0x0a26000a</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AQAAAEAAAADWAAAABQUAAA==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>disabled:AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AQAAAEAAAAAeAAAABQUAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleHDA Replace Apple Codec patch (1 of 4)</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				hBnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				ggLsEA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleHDA Replace Apple Codec patch (2 of 4)</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				hAjsEA==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleHDA Replace Apple Codec patch (3 of 4)</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				hQjsEA==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleHDA Replace Apple Codec patch (4 of 4)</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				gxnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>HDMI-audio, port 0105, 0x0a260005 0x0a260006, 0x0d220003, 0x0a2e000a, 0x0a26000a</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AQUJAAAEAACHAAAA
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AQUJAAAIAACHAAAA
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Trim Enabler</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AEFQUExFIFNTRAA=
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Enable USB3 after wake for Intel 8 series chipset</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				xoDIAAAAAQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>disabled_AppleUSBXHCI</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				xoDIAAAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>10.10-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				QYP8/3QsSA==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				ZscGVVPrKw==
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
	<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BooterConfig</key>
		<string>0x28</string>
		<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
		<string>0x67</string>
		<key>LogEveryBoot</key>
		<string>10</string>
		<key>LogLineCount</key>
		<integer>3000</integer>
		<key>MountEFI</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		<string>10/29/13</string>
		<key>BiosVendor</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>MBP111.88Z.0138.B03.1310291227</string>
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-189A3D4F975D5FFC</string>
		<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		<key>BoardType</key>
		<integer>10</integer>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>MacBook-Aluminum</string>
		<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
		<key>ChassisType</key>
		<string>08</string>
		<key>Family</key>
		<string>MacBook Pro</string>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<key>Mobile</key>
		<true/>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>MacBookPro11,1</string>
		<key>SerialNumber</key>
		<string>C02L34Q7FGYY</string>
		<key>Trust</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Version</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<string>Detect</string>
		<key>InjectSystemID</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Here it is. I used AppleHDA because in your guide in Fixing HDMI there is point 1 "Make sure AppleHDA is working" and I checked that my /S/L/E/ lacked of AppleHDA.kext so I reuploaded it. Also I may have misunderstood the point 4 there about AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

@jamies5, sorry for the delayed reply as I was on holiday ..

Here it is ...

Looks in order to me.

... I used AppleHDA because in your guide in Fixing HDMI there is point 1 "Make sure AppleHDA is working" and I checked that my /S/L/E/ lacked of AppleHDA.kext so I reuploaded it. Also I may have misunderstood the point 4 there about AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

To clear things up:

• You need properly configured AppleHDA to fix HDMI (AUDIO). Fixing HDMI (VIDEO) is part of fixing graphics and it should not work properly until graphics is fixed.
  • I do not endorse removing any system file/folder and the guide does not ask to do so. It is not understandable to me why you had to remove AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and AppleHDA (even if you used to use VoodooHDA). Messing with system files can have negative impact on system stability and may break many things.
  • Fixing graphics is simple: have proper config.plist, install the additional kexts, clear kexts cache, reboot. If you did so and the graphics still not fixed then you might have other issues and messing with system files can be a good reason for that.
  • Try to attach an IOREG copy as it may reveal the problem.
  • I still recommend you to make a clean setup of OS X and I would do that if I were you but not to tinker with system files this time.

Guys do you have problem with iTunes? Trying to listen "b1 radio" and the whole system freeze! With "Pop hits", "Dance" and others there is no problem, but "b1" freezing and need a pc restart.

Guys do you have problem with iTunes? Trying to listen "b1 radio" and the whole system freeze! With "Pop hits", "Dance" and others there is no problem, but "b1" freezing and need a pc restart.

This is interesting. Unfortunately, I'm not an Apple Music subscriber nor that I would start the trial period now so I can't check this. I would like to read other people comments about this. 

I don't know much info on the Intel side, but on the Nvidia/AMD side ( mainly desktop ) HDMI audio can be done with no patched AppleHDA or anything, just the right DSDT edit

The situation is similar here with Intel. We don't need to patch AppleHDA for HDMI audio and all the work lies within the DSDT. However, I guide people to make sure AppleHDA is working fine instead of using VoodooHDA which I read once that it does not play well with HDMI audio. I'm not sure if this changed and VoodooHDA is fine with HDMI audio now or not.

The situation is similar here with Intel. We don't need to patch AppleHDA for HDMI audio and all the work lies within the DSDT. However, I guide people to make sure AppleHDA is working fine instead of using VoodooHDA which I read once that it does not play well with HDMI audio. I'm not sure if this changed and VoodooHDA is fine with HDMI audio now or not.

RampageDev once made a guide about VoodooHDA load with AppleHDA, but I'd forgotten about it

RampageDev once made a guide about VoodooHDA load with AppleHDA, but I'd forgotten about it

Yes I made a search after you comment and found it here. But from what I understand the purpose of having them both loaded is that VoodooHDA handles all audio in/out but leave HDMI audio to AppleHDA and this for hacks where patching AppleHDA (to just work) is not possible or complex enough. Here (for Y510p), patching AppleHDA is possible and easy so no point for anybody here to use VoodooHDA at all. We patch AppleHDA to fix audio and patch DSDT for HDMI audio and that's all.

Thanks for bringing this up. It's always good to read something new or different.

Yes I made a search after you comment and found it here. But from what I understand the purpose of having them both loaded is that VoodooHDA handles all audio in/out but leave HDMI audio to AppleHDA and this for hacks where patching AppleHDA (to just work) is not possible or complex enough. Here (for Y510p), patching AppleHDA is possible and easy so no point for anybody here to use VoodooHDA at all. We patch AppleHDA to fix audio and patch DSDT for HDMI audio and that's all.

Thanks for bringing this up. It's always good to read something new or different.

That's the one I was talking about, seems like I mixed in something unrelated here. I'm not much of a big fan of HDMI audio that much due to having powerful soundcards to make up for the lack of builtin speaker quality, but always find it interesting to give it a try. Anyhow you should try to convert the guide from manual DSDT/SSDT patching to Clover hotpatch on-the-fly that Rehabman is using. Thay way no more further complicating steps, one file for many of the same kind without worrying about different bios version, different configurations, etc

... Anyhow you should try to convert the guide from manual DSDT/SSDT patching to Clover hotpatch on-the-fly that Rehabman is using. Thay way no more further complicating steps, one file for many of the same kind without worrying about different bios version, different configurations, etc

I have been away for quiet long time so I'm not up-to-date with the current trend for fixing hacks. However, I really doubt it that it is doable (i.e to convert all dsdt/ssdt patches to Clover hotpatch). For this laptop, we have a long list of patches (here) that I don't think I could find a corresponding Clover patch to all of them. I could be wrong though, I will dig it. 

Thanks.

I have been away for quiet long time so I'm not up-to-date with the current trend for fixing hacks. However, I really doubt it that it is doable (i.e to convert all dsdt/ssdt patches to Clover hotpatch). For this laptop, we have a long list of patches (here) that I don't think I could find a corresponding Clover patch to all of them. I could be wrong though, I will dig it. 

Thanks.

Please, HP laptops has more things to worry about. Don't sweat over small details, Rehabman got the Lenovo Y50 github for you to take reference

Please, HP laptops has more things to worry about. Don't sweat over small details, Rehabman got the Lenovo Y50 github for you to take reference

I will read more into it, looks interesting  :)

• 2 weeks later...