Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

Now I realized what the problem, folder downloaded is Y510p-OS-X and I wrote in the queue master. I deleted master and has gone.

Hmm .. watchout of these small time wasters  :rofl: 

In the folder Compiled appear DSDT SSDT-0 SSDT, There are not too few?

No that's the expected. There would be another one (SSDT-1) but only if you had nvidia enabled in BIOS and had that extra SSDT along with the extracted files.

I rename SSDT-0 to SSDT-6 and delete from configuration.plist entry SSDT-7?

Yes if SortedOrder in your config.plist currently have 6 and 7. Another option you could keep the SSDT files names as is and just edit config.plist so you remove 7 and set 6 to 0. Do whichever you prefer.

I deleted 7 and I rename 6 to 0. I regenerate SMBIOS in clover conf and save it in config1. I open config1 with Playlist Editor and I copy SMBIOS in config. I paste config in EFI-CLOVER. I have that error. I installed in S/L/E FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is ok?

post-1130290-0-01017100-1454699730_thumb.jpg

I forgot to mention, I installed El Capitan on the caddy, NOT on SSD where Windows is installed.

I did not try this combination but it should work I suppose.

I can't see a problem but I have not tried iMac 14,2 with El Capitan. Try MacBookPro 11,1 or 11,2.

Hello, I disappear a day because I want start from 0. When I try to install El Capitan don't work with config from EFI uploaded. I replaced even entire folder EFI. I try with config from EFI 10.10 and she works.I install clover on hard drive and i modified config 10.11 for my DSDT/SSDT. I deleted fix for Apple HDA because i use voodoo. I try every SMBIOS 11,1 11,2 and don't work. 11,1 i don't have graphics acceleration 7mb. 11,2 restart from boot. I think I selected wrong when I made DSDT/SSDT. On the first question I now, I have elan. What I select on the 4.5.6 question?

post-1130290-0-31422100-1454874724_thumb.jpg

@bogdangepe

I just dowloaded the original ACPI tables you linked before (the rar file). I found some differences between your DSDT and mine so I encourage you not to use my patched files and patch yours (as you are trying to).

Hello, I disappear a day because I want start from 0. When I try to install El Capitan don't work with config from EFI uploaded. I replaced even entire folder EFI. I try with config from EFI 10.10 and she works.

That's weird and you are the first to complain about that. If you go few pages back you will see that in multiple cases the uploaded EFI fixed people problem.

I try every SMBIOS 11,1 11,2 and don't work. 11,1 i don't have graphics acceleration 7mb. 11,2 restart from boot.

In other threads people would suggest trying other SMBIOS that is used in MAcs with similar hardware. But here, stick to either 11,1 or 11,2 as they are proven working for our hardware, period. If you still have a problem after using either, you can safely assume it's a different problem and skip SMBIOS. For graphics you will need:
  • Suitable SMBIOS (use 11,1/11,2 and forget about it)
  • Properly patched ACPI tables
  • Properly configured Clover
  • Necessary kexts installed with fresh kext cache
So check these items (2-4) and make sure they are OK then you will have proper graphics.

I think I selected wrong when I made DSDT/SSDT. On the first question I now, I have elan. What I select on the 4.5.6 question?

Select no for all three questions 4,5 and 6 as you don't need them at the moment.

@intruder16

Have you made injector for USB already? do we really need one? I ask because I think I have problem with Bluetooth/USB. I don't have bluetooth after wake from sleep which may have to do with USB ports but I'm not sure yet. Do you have a suggestion here??

EDIT: the problem turned out to be with Android File Transfer !!!!!!!

@intruder16

Have you made injector for USB already? do we really need one? I ask because I think I have problem with Bluetooth/USB. I don't have bluetooth after wake from sleep which may have to do with USB ports but I'm not sure yet. Do you have a suggestion here??

AFAIK we do not need injector. I only installed FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and it solved my usb problems. (including the bluetooth one)

EDIT: the problem turned out to be with Android File Transfer !!!!!!!

lol. AFT really is problematic on mac.

AFAIK we do not need injector. I only installed FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and it solved my usb problems. (including the bluetooth one)

Yea that's what I found but I was confused with the first line you put in usb_el_capitan.txt patch:

# Rename USB devices for OSX 10.11 GM support (remember to use injector with this)
into device label EHC1 set_label begin EH01 end;
into device label EHC2 set_label begin EH02 end;
into device label XHC1 set_label begin XHC end;
into_all all code_regex EHC1 replaceall_matched begin EH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC2 replaceall_matched begin EH02 end;
into_all all code_regex XHC1 replaceall_matched begin XHC end;

lol. AFT really is problematic on mac.

Yes it is but I found out the reason and was able to fix it. It was an agent inside the app that hook to all USB ports and messing with them. Removing the agent made AFS friendly like a pet :D

Yea that's what I found but I was confused with the first line you put in usb_el_capitan.txt patch:

# Rename USB devices for OSX 10.11 GM support (remember to use injector with this)
into device label EHC1 set_label begin EH01 end;
into device label EHC2 set_label begin EH02 end;
into device label XHC1 set_label begin XHC end;
into_all all code_regex EHC1 replaceall_matched begin EH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC2 replaceall_matched begin EH02 end;
into_all all code_regex XHC1 replaceall_matched begin XHC end;

My bad. I meant that we don't need USB injectors other than FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

I think I have problem with Bluetooth/USB. I don't have bluetooth after wake from sleep which may have to do with USB ports but I'm not sure yet.

Have you considered that the bluetooth adaptor might loose its firmware during sleep?

I have read about people facing this very problem and that reuploading the firmware after waking up did the trick for most of them. It was a linux-based discussion, though. So this is just from the top of my head and might not be a problem on OS X. (If anyone is having problems getting BCM94352HMB to work on linux, shoot me a pm)

Not sure if you're aware that BCM94352HMB's firmware is volatile and needs to be uploaded by the driver on start-up. Repoman's kexts have the firmware included so you usually don't notice.

From Repoman's repository:

Verify the firmware is updated by going to System Information and check the Bluetooth firmware version number under the Bluetooth information panel.

If the version number is "4096", this means no firmware was updated for your device and it will not work properly.

Verify any errors in the system log by running the following command in the terminal:

cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i brcm[fp]

Have you considered that the bluetooth adaptor might loose its firmware during sleep?

I have read about people facing this very problem and that reuploading the firmware after waking up did the trick for most of them. It was a linux-based discussion, though. So this is just from the top of my head and might not be a problem on OS X. (If anyone is having problems getting BCM94352HMB to work on linux, shoot me a pm)

Not sure if you're aware that BCM94352HMB's firmware is volatile and needs to be uploaded by the driver on start-up. Repoman's kexts have the firmware included so you usually don't notice.

From Repoman's repository:

That's the intended use of BrcmPatchRAM kext which will update the firmware on every startup/wakeup.

The first step should be to check if your vendor & device id's are supported in BrcmPatchRAM.kext.

I had some problems getting BCM94352HMB to work properly in linux, but I deleted the linux partition and using it on VM now.

That's the intended use of BrcmPatchRAM kext which will update the firmware on every startup/wakeup.

The first step should be to check if your vendor & device id's are supported in BrcmPatchRAM.kext.

I had some problems getting BCM94352HMB to work properly in linux, but I deleted the linux partition and using it on VM now.

Which problems? This WiFi card works perfect in Ubuntu after driver installing. 

It might be because of different pci.id. I had some issues like intermittent connection drops, too high pings etc. Many more on Kali Linux v2 (Debian).

It seems to me yes. I had to do some tricky things with idVendor and idProduct on 14.04 and lower) And i'm happy such problems were fixed for Ubuntu 14.10+. 

I fail at all when place DSDT in patches.  If I do not place DSDT/SSDT and install only FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, graphic video is 7mb. I extracted with Clover tablet. When i place DSDT/SSDT no longer Boot.

I re-patched your native tables on my machine and they are identical to mine. I have attached them here if you want to try them. As I said before, you need the kexts installed, cache cleared, correct config.plist, and patched tables. You need ALL of these at the same time. Have you tried ALL of these?

Compiled.zip

I installed:- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext in /S/L/E with EasyKext Utility for El Capitan (rebuilds  cache)

- The remaining kext put them in Clover / EFI / kext / 10.11

- I attached config.plist and you said seems ok

- I patched tables with Auto-Patcher for Lenovo Y510p Ideapad

I do not know where i wrong :(  I'll try with your files.

I do not know where i wrong :(  I'll try with your files.

If it still does not boot with everything configured including the patched tables, then grab a screenshot on where the boot stuck  and post it here.

Note: I'm running out of ideas considering that your laptop had hardware surgery.

I think happen with config.plist. In Clover panel Option/DSDT Fix is bifate fix sound and regions. I tried with DSDT you send and don't work.

I believe you can ignore the sound assertions as they are symptoms of other problem (graphics here) rather than audio itself. Try to exclude the graphics SSDT-0 from your patched folder and edit config.plist / SortedOrder accordingly then let's see what happens.