Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

Disable nvidia card from BIOS. Is written in tutorial. ''Nvidia GPU must be removed and the switchable Nvidia GPU (Optimus)'' If you have SLI remove graphic card and change from BIOS Uma only.

First of all it is happening when I try to boot MacOSX Installer. Previous time (when I had El Capitan but not from this tutorial and when I had yosemite I didn't have to remove it when the OS X was installed) I didn't have to remove it. But I will try it your way.

Secondly, I don't think my bios allows those things. You must have some modified BIOS (which violates warrenty and as far as I remember I had working yosemite without any BIOS modifications).

@edit

btw do you see anything suspicious with config?

@edit2

I take it back. It really helped :P (Not on OS X yet because the USB had some malfunctions)

1. You have SLI?

If you have, remove extra graphic card and enter in bios setup. Select Uma only.

2 If don't have SLI enter in bios and select Uma only. Now you have discret selected. In the picture the last 2 lines is from nvidia card.

1. You have SLI?

If you have, remove extra graphic card and enter in bios setup. Select Uma only.

2 If don't have SLI enter in bios and select Uma only. Now you have discret selected. In the picture the last 2 lines is from nvidia card.

• Like 1

1. You have SLI?

I do, I have SLI. Can you give me link to that modified BIOS? Because in standard I cannot find it.

i followed all steps in this guide,i have a functioning hackintosh and windows 10 dual boot,everything works perfectly...i buyed the broadcom azurewave bcm 4352 (http://www.aliexpres...101e6ec676)... i can't find the card on dpcimanager (mac os)...(windows) only bluetooth is detected on device manager (working good) and not the wifi..
can any one help me please !!

i followed all steps in this guide,i have a functioning hackintosh and windows 10 dual boot,everything works perfectly...i buyed the broadcom azurewave bcm 4352 (http://www.aliexpres...101e6ec676)... i can't find the card on dpcimanager (mac os)...(windows) only bluetooth is detected on device manager (working good) and not the wifi..

can any one help me please !!

I would not try getting the wifi to work in OS X until it perfectly work in Windows first. It's Okay for Windows 7 not to detect BCM4352 and not to automatically install its driver but that's not the case for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 where that card work out of the box. However, even if the card driver was not properly configured on Windows you should still see a network controller in Device Manager. Failing to find anything related to the card on the system is weird unless something is wrong with the card or how it is connected. I would advice you to re-open the laptop and check the connections to the wifi card and make sure it is tightly connected. This (here) is an example of a similar situation where the problem lies with loose connection to the card. 

I would not try getting the wifi to work in OS X until it perfectly work in Windows first. It's Okay for Windows 7 not to detect BCM4352 and not to automatically install its driver but that's not the case for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 where that card work out of the box. However, even if the card driver was not properly configured on Windows you should still see a network controller in Device Manager. Failing to find anything related to the card on the system is weird unless something is wrong with the card or how it is connected. I would advice you to re-open the laptop and check the connections to the wifi card and make sure it is tightly connected. This (here) is an example of a similar situation where the problem lies with loose connection to the card.

I opened the laptop,i have connected the card again,still not finding anything related to the card on the system but Bluetooth 4.0 is working.(i'm using Windows 10)

Any idea what can i do to fix this ?

I opened the laptop,i have connected the card again,still not finding anything related to the card on the system but Bluetooth 4.0 is working.(i'm using Windows 10)

Any idea what can i do to fix this ?

That's still weird. While on Windows, use AIDA64 and generate a report then post it here.

@hamdi1212, something is wrong. I can see in your report that Bluetooth is correctly configured with Vendor ID 04CA and Product ID 200B which is exactly as my Bluetooth. The report, however, does not show anything related to the WiFi card at all so Windows can't see it as you said too. Sorry to say it but this could be a hardware problem although I'm not 100% sure. I can't help you getting this working on OS X as long as it is malfunctioning in Windows or in general.  :(

@hamdi1212, something is wrong. I can see in your report that Bluetooth is correctly configured with Vendor ID 04CA and Product ID 200B which is exactly as my Bluetooth. The report, however, does not show anything related to the WiFi card at all so Windows can't see it as you said too. Sorry to say it but this could be a hardware problem although I'm not 100% sure. I can't help you getting this working on OS X as long as it is malfunctioning in Windows or in general.  :(

ok,thank you...please let me know if you have a solution

ok,thank you...please let me know if you have a solution

There is something you can do. I assume you still have the Intel WiFi card so try to swap it back in again. If the Intel card worked (in Windows) then we can eliminate all other hardware issues like broken wires and in this case I would return the Broadcom card as it is malfunctioning and buy another one. If, however, the Intel card did not work (in Windows) like before then nothing will and you have to take the laptop to service. Other than that, I have no suggestions unfortunately.

There is something you can do. I assume you still have the Intel WiFi card so try to swap it back in again. If the Intel card worked (in Windows) then we can eliminate all other hardware issues like broken wires and in this case I would return the Broadcom card as it is malfunctioning and buy another one. If, however, the Intel card did not work (in Windows) then nothing will and you have to take the laptop to service. Other than that, I have no suggestions unfortunately.

i already tried to swap back again the intel card,working perfectly

I discovered the problem, somehow nvidia GPU is not turned off. In bios is turned off and when I load maverick, yosemite, el capitan appears in boot(-v). I give up, I don't no how to solve the problem.

So you mean the Nvidia Optimus one. I'm not sure how a scenario like this happen with you but even though you could still disable it by loading SSDT-7 (SSDT-1 in AutoPatcher) which will turn it off. Have you tried that? 

Similar here. If I disabled discrete GPU in BIOS and still load its SSDT then I'm not able to boot (which is what I expected). This defies what you said that discrete GPU is still on even though you disabled it in BIOS, isn't it?

Yes. In my bios mod even I selected Uma only and IGPX only, still load nvda.

I don't disable discrete GPU through BIOS because it is OK in Windows. I rely on SSDT to disable that GPU on OS X only and you could try that. Enable discrete GPU in BIOS and make use of SSDT-1 then it will boot just fine and presumably Nvidia will be disabled. However, I believe this has nothing to do with IGPU QE/CI.

Once again, it is weird that OS X still load Nvidia even though you disabled it from BIOS. Does Windows load it as well???

I would like to check your IOREG if you are able to boot into OS X.

If I disabled from bios in Windows I have only Intel HD. When I try to load maverick, yosemite even El Capitan appears in boot(-v). The problem is hardware because I tried with older files when maverick and yosemite works. I deleted hole files, because i tried everything, don't work and that is. Thanks for hole support. I gone made a desktop. :)