Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

1. Brightness control (It works perfect in yosemite btw with auto-patcher). P.S. I've chosen elan touchpad option in auto-patcher, 'cause i have elan one. Anyway it's not so important for me, brightness is about 100% and it's OK.

Yes this is true and I reported this problem before:

One more thing is outdated in AutoPatcher: Brightness patch (PNLF). There's a newer one in Rehabman's repo and the current existing one in AutoPatcher does NOT work.

Since the Auto-Patcher project is not active, it contains invalid patches. To fix that, I attached a copy of the Auto-patcher with correct patches:

• Remove your current copy of Auto-Patcher and the patched tables you have in Clover
  • Download the attached zip and unzip it
  • Patch the original tables in the same fashion
  • Put the newly patched tables in place
  • Done, Reboot.

2. Audio (it's very strange, because your patcher executed successfully (it seems to me). I see AppleHDA282.kext in SLE. I've updated config.plist properly with kext patches and audio layout, but no luck)

You need to make sure you edited the config.plist correctly (double check). Now make sure that the kernel cache is updated to apply the hot-patches you put in config.plist. A simple thing to do is to use easykext and reinstall any kext you are already using which will result in recreating kernel cache and fixing permissions. After reboot, you should have audio working.

Y510p-OS-X.zip

Yes this is true and I reported this problem before:

Since the Auto-Patcher project is not active, it contains invalid patches. To fix that, I attached a copy of the Auto-patcher with correct patches:

• Remove your current copy of Auto-Patcher and the patched tables you have in Clover
  • Download the attached zip and unzip it
  • Patch the original tables in the same fashion
  • Put the newly patched tables in place
  • Done, Reboot.

You need to make sure you edited the config.plist correctly (double check). Now make sure that the kernel cache is updated to apply the hot-patches you put in config.plist. A simple thing to do is to use easykext and reinstall any kext you are already using which will result in recreating kernel cache and fixing permissions. After reboot, you should have audio working.

Thanks again, brightness control works perfect now. But audio still doesn't work) I've rechecked my config.plist many times, rebuilt kernel cache and fixed permissions. no luck) I've tried to do the same things in terminal as in script (copy/delete/update files) - the same result.

Please confirm that content of AppleHDA282.kext should be:

1) symlink to AppleHDA binary in original AppleHDA.kext -> Contents/MacOS

2) layout3.xml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib in Contents/Resources

3) edited Info.plist

Thanks again, brightness control works perfect now. But audio still doesn't work) I've rechecked my config.plist many times, rebuilt kernel cache and fixed permissions. no luck) I've tried to do the same things in terminal as in script (copy/delete/update files) - the same result.

Please confirm that content of AppleHDA282.kext should be:

1) symlink to AppleHDA binary in original AppleHDA.kext -> Contents/MacOS

2) layout3.xml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib in Contents/Resources

3) edited Info.plist

Great you have brightness working now ..

The sequence you listed for creating dummy kext for AppleHDA.kext is correct. But I want to take a look into your Clover folder, zip and post it here.

also I have untouched AppleHDA.kext and I didn't install any Voodoo or other audio kexts) i didn't find how attach files here so I've placed here link to Dropbox)

UPD. I found how attach files)

I have already downloaded your zip from the previous link. I could not find differences in config.plist with what I'm using ATM. Although it may not have anything to do with your audio problem, but install your kexts to /S/L/E instead. Some kexts you have are not even designed to work from Clover like BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. For now, the only thing I can offer you is to try the same dummy kext I'm using and if that did not work I would do clean install if I were you. Install it with easyKext.

AppleHDA282.kext.zip

can you tell me what is the user of target directory in auto patcher?

P.S. I'm using your auto patcher shared above.

As you may already know, I'm not the developer of this nifty tool but the developer is away for some reason so the work is not updated. I only replaced the bits that need changes so the tool is up to date. However, the usage and all information about the tool are still available on his page. Just follow the link and do as the instructions say while only skipping this part (because you already downloaded my fixed copy of the tool):

Git clone of Y510p-OS-X, create one with (in terminal):

git clone https://github.com/intruder16/Y510p-OS-X.git

OR

if you do not have a working interet connection, download the repo as zip (option in down-right corner)

This will create a Y510p-OS-X folder with all the patches and autopatcher script.

As you may already know, I'm not the developer of this nifty tool but the developer is away for some reason so the work is not updated. I only replaced the bits that need changes so the tool is up to date. However, the usage and all information about the tool are still available on his page. Just follow the link and do as the instructions say while only skipping this part (because you already downloaded my fixed copy of the tool):

agreed but I don't understand what the target directory is supposed to have. I read his guide. This part is a bit unclear.

agreed but I don't understand what the target directory is supposed to have. I read his guide. This part is a bit unclear.

If you read the instructions in the link I posted above you would see this part:

NOTE: You must specify (--target/-t ) a target folder (containing extracted DSDT/SSDT's)

I think it answers your question ..

ok. so how am I supposed to get that? I mean the extracted DSDt/SSDT.

Hi, I'm trying to help as much as I can but you should try to help as well. I told you before to read the instructions in the link I gave but you keep ignoring that and keep asking for things that are already answered. Just read from the instructions:

Dump ACPI tables

Extract ACPI tables using any method from linux, windows or even mac. Refer this excellent guide here by RehabMan on how to extract ACPI tables.

From this piece and if you followed that link to the guide by RehabMan you would come across this:

If you press F4 at the main Clover bootloader screen, Clover will write your native files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. There is no feedback when you press F4, so don't expect anything to "happen" when you press the key

So there you go, all your native tables are extracted and ready for you to use. 

PS: Sorry about that if you feel I'm a bit harsh. It is not possible that I lead everyone on every step while they don't want to read. Installing Windows on PC is easy thing without the need to know many tech stuff. Hackintosh, however, is a total different thing that require knowledge to be able to hack, so reading is inevitable. 

Hi, I'm trying to help as much as I can but you should try to help as well. I told you before to read the instructions in the link I gave but you keep ignoring that and keep asking for things that are already answered. Just read from the instructions:

From this piece and if you followed that link to the guide by RehabMan you would come across this:

So there you go, all your native tables are extracted and ready for you to use. 

PS: Sorry about that if you feel I'm a bit harsh. It is not possible that I lead everyone on every step while they don't want to read. Installing Windows on PC is easy thing without the need to know many tech stuff. Hackintosh, however, is a total different thing that require knowledge to be able to hack, so reading is inevitable. 

I'm so sorry. I didnt read the line "There is no feedback when you press F4, so don't expect anything to "happen" when you press the key". I'll def. give a thorough read now.

I have already downloaded your zip from the previous link. I could not find differences in config.plist with what I'm using ATM. Although it may not have anything to do with your audio problem, but install your kexts to /S/L/E instead. Some kexts you have are not even designed to work from Clover like BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. For now, the only thing I can offer you is to try the same dummy kext I'm using and if that did not work I would do clean install if I were you. Install it with easyKext.

I've tried to use your dummy kext but no luck) I've just performed clean install of osx, the same))

I had the same results in Yosemite with DummyHDA.kext & EAPDFix.kext - it hadn't work, I used patched AppleHDA kext instead

anyway I'm really appreciate your help here.

and now I'm going to patch original AppleHDA by my own as nothing left)

Hmmm.... I see some interesting things in Console after rebooting:

11/8/15 2:23:35.606 AM com.apple.kextd[44]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA282.kext"
11/8/15 2:23:35.607 AM com.apple.kextd[44]: Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA282.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.
11/8/15 2:23:35.608 AM com.apple.kextd[44]: Load com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed; removing personalities from kernel.

UPD. Finaly it works)

Hmmm.... I see some interesting things in Console after rebooting:

11/8/15 2:23:35.606 AM com.apple.kextd[44]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA282.kext"
11/8/15 2:23:35.607 AM com.apple.kextd[44]: Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA282.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.
11/8/15 2:23:35.608 AM com.apple.kextd[44]: Load com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed; removing personalities from kernel.

These logs are just not right as the dummy kext does not contain any executable. It instead have a link to the actual AppleHDA.kext binary and it should be compatible without problems. Do you get these with the kext I sent you and you are sure you installed it correctly?

Remove EAPDFix.kext and kext-dev-mode=1 for now and try without them. Also make sure you have SIP disabled in config.plist (if you are using the one in the downloads section then it is disabled).

These logs are just not right as the dummy kext does not contain any executable. It instead have a link to the actual AppleHDA.kext binary and it should be compatible without problems. Do you get these with the kext I sent you and you are sure you installed it correctly?

Remove EAPDFix.kext and kext-dev-mode=1 for now and try without them. Also make sure you have SIP disabled in config.plist (if you are using the one in the downloads section then it is disabled).

I don't have any EAPDFix or whatever audio kexts. Yes I removed kext-dev-mode=1 kernel flag as it doesn't need anymore after installing. SIP is disabled for sure.

I've just reinstalled AppleHDA282.kext that you provided, reboot 2 times and it works now perfect) thank you!

I don't have any EAPDFix or whatever audio kexts. Yes I removed kext-dev-mode=1 kernel flag as it doesn't need anymore after installing. SIP is disabled for sure.

I've just reinstalled AppleHDA282.kext that you provided, reboot 2 times and it works now perfect) thank you!

That's great! I was wondering where the problem might be because I couldn't see any!

Now you need a kext to fix audio after sleep. Rehabman's CodecCommander fork is tried and proven. EAPDFix had issues with 10.11 but the last time I have been beta testing that kext with Emlydinesh I believe all the errors were ruled out. However, I don't know whether he released that version or not yet as I am busy to follow.

Enjoy it :)

That's great! I was wondering where the problem might be because I couldn't see any!

Now you need a kext to fix audio after sleep. Rehabman's CodecCommander fork is tried and proven. EAPDFix had issues with 10.11 but the last time I have been beta testing that kext with Emlydinesh I believe all the errors were ruled out. However, I don't know whether he released that version or not yet as I am busy to follow.

Enjoy it :)

Thanks, I've already installed CodecCommander I see it very useful. 

I noticed the last thing that I'm going to fix - OSX always restarts to itself (I mean not through clover), when I select Restart - screen goes black and then OSX boots. if I need to boot to another OS from Clover I should shut down and then power on. It seems to me the problem in CPU management. I have the patched ssdt's from auto-patcher and i'm going to produce another ssdt's.

I noticed the last thing that I'm going to fix - OSX always restarts to itself (I mean not through clover), when I select Restart - screen goes black and then OSX boots. if I need to boot to another OS from Clover I should shut down and then power on. It seems to me the problem in CPU management. I have the patched ssdt's from auto-patcher and i'm going to produce another ssdt's.

Maybe not .. I have noted this issue in the guide:

Issues and What does not work   :thumbsdown_anim: 

• Intel GPU / Restart issue: There is a problem related to graphics occurs when display goes off then on, like when system sleeps and wake for example, which results in no display on restart. More details and a workaround for this problem are introduced in Post Installation / graphics section.

What I would think of your problem is that you trigger this issue (one way or another) but you would not feel anything went wrong. Once you reboot, BOOM ... no display, you don't seen Lenovo logo, no Clover options and it should stuck at Clover waiting for you to blindly select an OS to boot into. However, if you set Clover to autoboot a specific entry (last one used for example) after a specific timeout, you will eventually find yourself in OS X again where the graphics should back online again.

Try not to trigger the issue and see whether reboot function properly or not. For example, fresh boot OS X then immediately restart once it log in. Oh and by the way, do not enable Legacy Support in BIOS.

what is this error?

http://imgur.com/m9LjNXR

happened twice now. Installing os 3rd time now. No idea what is causing this.

are you trying to install osx from usb or just trying to boot osx after install? If you are installing osx then just create the usb installer like in this guide on 1st page then just copy EFI folder from this post #775 to your hidden fat32 partition on your usb. Don't do any tricks with clover or dsdt/ssdt at this level.

are you trying to install osx from usb or just trying to boot osx after install? If you are installing osx then just create the usb installer like in this guide on 1st page then just copy EFI folder from this post #775 to your hidden fat32 partition on your usb. Don't do any tricks with clover or dsdt/ssdt at this level.

no no. my osx install is done. my audio/ brightness control is yet not working but gfx and all is all well. I just restarted it and I got this. No clue what was the issue.

I'd like to point out that I'm not using the config.plist  oh ahmed as my system restarts in 2 secs as its booting. I'm using rehabman's config for hd4600. 

Can you tell me how you achieved audio? Auto patcher is just not wokring out for me.

no no. my osx install is done. my audio/ brightness control is yet not working but gfx and all is all well. I just restarted it and I got this. No clue what was the issue.

I'd like to point out that I'm not using the config.plist  oh ahmed as my system restarts in 2 secs as its booting. I'm using rehabman's config for hd4600. 

Can you tell me how you achieved audio? Auto patcher is just not wokring out for me.

1. Brightness also didn't work for me 'cause of the original auto-patcher is a bit outdated for capitan. use auto-patcher that ahmed_ais provided here in this post #801.

2. for audio you should properly update config.plist with correct audio layout and also add some patches in KextsToPatch section (like here)

3. Then just install this kext from this post #805 with easykext utility and it should work.

4. Then it will be a good point to install CodecCommander

1. Brightness also didn't work for me 'cause of the original auto-patcher is a bit outdated for capitan. use auto-patcher that ahmed_ais provided here in this post #801.

2. for audio you should properly update config.plist with correct audio layout and also add some patches in KextsToPatch section (like here)

3. Then just install this kext from this post #805 with easykext utility and it should work.

tried all that once. didnt work out. I'll be giving it another shot now. thanks for helping

can you post me your config.plist?

The config file I have, I believe has a lot of extra entries in SortedOrder, KernelAndKextPatches. 

Edit:

Tried your way of installing the kext for audio. Didnt work. After that I tried to run the script by ahmed to patch the audio and got this log in the terminal and audio still does not work:

http://imgur.com/DhgZbkJ

Is it normal?

config_after_audio.zip

can you post me your config.plist?

I've already attached all my CLOVER folder here. See this post #804 But i reccomend using config.plist that attached on the 1st page like an example.

The config file I have, I believe has a lot of extra entries in SortedOrder, KernelAndKextPatches. 

You should update all of your config.plist correctly. Did you really patch all of this SSDT's? You should put only patched SSDT names in sortorder section. you should have only this kernel flags: dart=0 darkwake=10. and etc. I would just copy proper config.plist and update SMBIOS in it if I were you.

http://imgur.com/DhgZbkJ

Is it normal?

yes