Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

All of the above suggestions by RehabMan are correct. I followed his work afterall. 

You can refer to my config.plist for reference. It already has "SortedOrder" and "FixRegions" fix and many others. Its attached in this thread here. You should pass by the Clover wiki and learn what each specific options do (especially those you'll be using).

I always say this. You should know what you are doing and why you are doing. Something to learn for yourself.

BTFirmwareUploader is closed source. You don't know what you are using. Same as EAPDFix for AppleHDA. That's why i was thinking of moving to CodecCommander instead. It has more features and constantly updating.

For DSDT/SSDT, you can always refer my script. It has detailed explanations on what patches are being applied. It's not that hard. 

DSDT Auto-Patcher for Y510p Updated.

Changelog:

v1.4 (21 Apr 2015) : 
  • Added new option (-k) to keep all SSDT's

• using only 2 OEM SSDT's (iGPU & dGPU) by default

• minor improvements/optimizations

• using "getops" now

• added new CPU SSDT for 10.10.3 & SMBIOS MacBookPro 11,2

A new argument (-k) has been added. Use it if you want to keep all the SSDT's.

./Y510p.sh -k -t "target_dir"

or

./Y510p.sh -t "target_dir" -k

or 

./Y510p.sh -kt "target_dir"

etc.

Guys I am not able to login With my apple id It says not recognized device do you got any such error while downloading any app

I had a problem like this once before and the reason was that Ethernet was not configured to "en0". Not sure why this happened in the first place but the solution was to remove the configured connections in System Preferences > Network, reboot, then add network connections (from the same location) ensuring Ethernet (LAN) is added first. More on that on this topic, pay attention to posts #12 and #15 as they have the procedure to follow.

Guys need Some help well Last night I disable my discrete graphics turned Uma only but after that My mac wan't able to restart so I switched to original again however after that not able to boot up I get stuck up in boot the Apple progress bar stop after some time do I need to extract DSDT and SSDT again :(  :blush:

Guys need Some help well Last night I disable my discrete graphics turned Uma only but after that My mac wan't able to restart so I switched to original again however after that not able to boot up I get stuck up in boot the Apple progress bar stop after some time do I need to extract DSDT and SSDT again :(  :blush:

You BIOS provides two SSDTs for graphics:

• One SSDT for Intel-GPU, and
  • One SSDT for Nvidia-Discrete-GPU

To disable Nvidia-Discrete-GPU you either:

• Disable it globally from BIOS, or
  • Disable it for OS X only by using DSDT patch, SSDT patch, or separate SSDT

When you choose to disable Nvidia-Discrete-GPU by means of DSDT/SSDTs the corresponding SSDT for that GPU is loaded on boot but a special method (inside it) is called to turn it off. However, when you disable Nvidia-Discrete-GPU in BIOS, its specific SSDT is not loaded on boot and is not available anymore. Therefor, any call to any method in that SSDT would be invalid and then you would have errors in your DSDT/SSDT's and this might lead to problems like not being able to boot.

So this answers why you had problems at booting while the card is disabled in BIOS. For the other part, boot in verbose mode and post back where the boot stuck (it should not by the way but just investigating). Also try booting from the USB installer, assuming you still have it, and see if it boots or not.

PS: You haven't fed back about the App Store issue. Did the suggestion in post #379 helped?

So this is the thing that I causing boot loop yes Can u see the image I guess who ever is the Administrator Pls allow us to Upload image from computer 

anyway here is the link Pls help me figuring out what is wrong

http://postimg.org/image/izttrr515/

The messages in the image are related to battery and are normal if you are using a debug version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext. Use the release version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext so these messages will not show and other important messages will appear instead so we get idea of what is going on.

Regarding posting images, I believe anyone can post images, not sure why you are not.

• 3 weeks later...

i've lost my credentials for my previuos account thats why i created new one)

i received my bcm WiFi card and its great) even Airport with my iPad works) i've done clean reinstall yosemite and disposed of almost all previous bugs) i'm happy now with osx and y510p) 

i reinstall ubuntu with grub efi, and now i have uefi tripple boot with clover)

i've lost my credentials for my previuos account thats why i created new one)

i received my bcm WiFi card and its great) even Airport with my iPad works) i've done clean reinstall yosemite and disposed of almost all previous bugs) i'm happy now with osx and y510p) 

i reinstall ubuntu with grub efi, and now i have uefi tripple boot with clover)

Congratulations !!! Glad you are happy!

Have anybody upgraded BIOS to 3.08 and still have ACPI files that compile without errors??? I just upgraded mine and the native tables have errors (after disassemble) which is weird. 

Have anybody upgraded BIOS to 3.08 and still have ACPI files that compile without errors??? I just upgraded mine and the native tables have errors (after disassemble) which is weird. 

I am on bios 3.08 , used intruder16 auto patcher with no errors.

I am on bios 3.08 , used intruder16 auto patcher with no errors.

Sorry but this is not about the auto patcher. I am asking about the native tables without any patching what so ever. Mine does not compile without errors (and I mean the dsl not the aml). No matter how I extract them they do not compile. Patching the faulty files generates more errors.

Would you kindly extract your untouched DSDT and SSDT's and attach them here? I need to compare them to mine. Maybe something wrong happened while flashing the BIOS that I am not aware of.

Edit:

Never mind, it was a weird problem with MaciASL. I used Rehabman's version and all is fine now.

ahmed I tried the System Pref > Network option But I can't Find Ethernet Option there was a post that Explaining the use of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but Is there any other option

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is multibest

ahmed I tried the System Pref > Network option But I can't Find Ethernet Option there was a post that Explaining the use of ##### but Is there any other option

##### is multibest

I think you don't need [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] at all. this topic has more than enough kexts and tools for successful usage osx on y510p.

did you install AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext from Downloads section?

Anyone manage to get their Y510P hackintosh to output 4k? I have a seiki 4k and can only do 1080p unfortunately.

I did not even try to think about it as I don't currently have (nor planning to get) a 4K display. You can check this thread to get some info and I believe asking for advice here may get you some good results. I would appreciate if you post back here about any good results you may find.

Where Does that USB 3.0 Code Goes There is no instrution to where to put the code

Actually there is instruction for that. It is written in that section to put the patch through Clover so it is a clover patch. If you went that far in the guide you should already know what Clover hot-patches are and how/where to put them in config.plist.

Is gesture Working ??

It depends if your touchpad is Synaptics or Elan. For Synaptics currently two-finger scrolling and three-finger swipe gestures are implemented in Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller (read more). For Elan there is currently up to five fingers gestures, it is a long list you can read for your self here.

PS: I have read from the Elan touchpad driver that there is experimental support for Synaptics touchpads as well (with firmware version 7.5+) so this could be a good alternative for Synaptic touchpad users with different set of features.

Intruder 16 does your script Include Power Management Cause MY DSDT already include SSDT.aml file

Yes. The power management SSDT is generated with the help of ssdtPRGen.sh by Pike R Alpha. If you are using my patch, just copy SSDT.aml from SSDT folder to acpi/patched/.

Intruder16 hey by using your script installed i installed lid close sleep feature however it is not worling and on top of it if i close the lid two three times the lappy doesn't even wakes up i have to reboot the pc pls fix that problem

@ ahmed confirmed the download from app store is fixed by your method

Even the gestures works out of the box by your suggested way thanks a lot for that mate you are a life saver