Guide for Installing OS X on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

ahmed_ais

1,428 posts in this topic

Intruder16 hey by using your script installed i installed lid close sleep feature however it is not worling ...

I did a preliminary test and I found the same behaviour ... 

Edit:

Sorry about that, I confused things. Normally the laptop would refuse to sleep on lid close and the patch should allow it to sleep. I tried this and it works as expected. I also checked the patched DSDT against the native one and found the changes as expected too so no problem to report here. If you are having a problem regarding sleep on lid close and your case is different than what I explained then I suggest you attach your patched DSDT.aml file here.

I toke a look into your file. Though the LID patch is applied correctly, I don't think everything is patched correctly. Either retry to patch the native extracted tables from scratch or zip and post them here so I go through them (only post DSDT and SSDT(s)).

@ ahmed I think you should add a link for gesture in the home page because it one of the important feature of mac

If you are referring to the touchpad drivers in general (which provides the gestures for hackintosh) then they are linked in Links and Downloads section already. Otherwise, please clarify.

Battery Indicator works fine with me. It correctly shows the time remaining to discharge on battery. After removing charger it starts calculating time remaining and increases time by 20 mins interval until the final calculated time is reached (like 2:37 -> 2:57 -> .....-> 4:57). While idle (no internet and no activity at all) it reached a maximum time of 5:25 or something like that. I could provide a screenshot but i'm on Windows now and too lazy to reboot to Mac.

EDIT: The same goes for time remaining until full charge.

Short answer: Yes you are right and it works flawlessly once ACPIBatteryManager.kext is installed. So generally there is no problem for Y510p or even my own.

Long answer: The remaining time are just some approximations provided by ACPI through _BIF and _BST methods. The _BST method is responsible for calculating battery present rate and present voltage among other values. The present rate is used to calculate the battery amperage and to estimate the remaining time whether charging or discharging. All this and more are handled to ACPIBatteryManager which formats the data into the format OS X expects in IOREG and then every thing is reported correctly either through UI or whatsoever. Everything should go OK without our notice and should work will.

However, I found many things related to battery were broken once I decided to patch the DSDT and SSDTs from scratch (without using Auto-Patcher of course). At first I noticed the missing remaining time. Then after investigating with the help of Rehabman we found there is more about it and the calculations for amperage reports unacceptable values. Further investigations revealed that the calculated current rate (from/to the battery) are not within the acceptable range defined in ACPI spec. At the end it was discovered that the problem was related to how the ACPI files are disassembled.

When I disassembled the files I did not go for ASL-style (legacy) but went for C-style (new). Frankly, most of the patching work went fine and eventually I got everything was OK but the battery indicator remaining time and all what I said above. But the iasl utility was found guilty as it has a bug that wrongly disassemble the subtract statement:

Subtract(0xFFFF,Local4,Local4) 

Into:

Local4 -= 0xFFFF // which is equivalent to Local4 = Local4 - 0xFFFF 

However, according to ACPI spec it should be disassembled in C-style like this:

Local4 = 0xFFFF - Local4 

So the problem was/is in iasl and how the files are disassembled. Disassembling in legacy mode (ASL-style), the same way Auto-Patcher work BTW, will avoid this bug and probably others as well until the new C-style matures.

PS: Rehabman filed a bug for Intel: https://github.com/acpica/acpica/issues/75

• Like 1

@intruder16

Anything related to graphics? have you found anything interesting?

I'm afraid, no. I haven't looked at it or used Mac since the past month. I've been busy and mostly i have to use Windows for my research and work. The apps i need wont work with Mac. Moreover the wifi i ordered is still not delivered. I'll have a look this weekend.

I'm afraid, no. I haven't looked at it or used Mac since the past month. I've been busy and mostly i have to use Windows for my research and work. The apps i need wont work with Mac. Moreover the wifi i ordered is still not delivered. I'll have a look this weekend.

Are you ordering your wifi from Mars? That's a hell of a long wait!

Guys last night i was watching google io when suddenly mac shutted down and when try to power it on it was not able to boot however today it booted properly strange don't why that happened

However yestarday i used my mac tge whole day

Could you give some details? Like whether you were using AC or battery? When it was not able to boot do you mean to OS X or generally (so no access to Windows or even BIOS)?

Just osx86 and yeah i was on the battery ...

So can I assume your battery drained out? though even it does you could always boot using AC. Unless you have issues regarding battery and power in general. In your post #405 you confirmed having the battery issue I described earlier regarding remaining time in battery indicator, do you still have this issue? If so, post your DSDT here.

... and i also forgot to mention i had installed some app from kickass

Are any of these related to battery or power?

Ahmed when i booted up this moring when i booted up this morning bateery was around 57% the exact amount of battery when it was turned off

And i only download few apps that were related to development and nothing else

I also read a article about similar problem faced by genuine mac user u can Google it

Also i haven't updated to 10.10.3 cause my keyboard and mouse are not getting detected

Ahmed when i booted up this moring when i booted up this morning bateery was around 57% the exact amount of battery when it was turned off

You have not answer whether you still have the battery indicator timing issue or not. If so I strongly think it is realted and post your DSDT.

I also read a article about similar problem faced by genuine mac user u can Google it

You should google it yourself and at least post a link if you are keen for someone to attempt to help you.

Also i haven't updated to 10.10.3 cause my keyboard and mouse are not getting detected

We all have the same keyboard and either Elan or Synaptics touchpads. I am on 10.10.3 and can confirm no issues for keyboard or touchpad (or anything else actually). If you are having problems then you might be doing something wrong.

You have not answer whether you still have the battery indicator timing issue or not. If so I strongly think it is realted and post your DSDT.

You should google it yourself and at least post a link if you are keen for someone to attempt to help you.

We all have the same keyboard and either Elan or Synaptics touchpads. I am on 10.10.3 and can confirm no issues for keyboard or touchpad (or anything else actually). If you are having problems then you might be doing something wrong.

Sorry i was on my phone i will upload dsdt in 1/2 an hour i will post as soon as i reach home

I am sorry if u have felt bad i didn't men it

I tried installating my keyboard is not getting detected in installer

Are you ordering your wifi from Mars? That's a hell of a long wait!

Could you give some details? Like whether you were using AC or battery? When it was not able to boot do you mean to OS X or generally (so no access to Windows or even BIOS)?

Lol...Weird, right? I ordered on 27th March... :D. But its not the sellers fault, the Post Office sucks big time here.

The card actually came to the nearby "Delivery Post Office" on 20th April but never got delivered due to "insufficient address" which is pure bs. So i did a complain and still nothing. Now the parcel is sent back to the seller and today he is re-sending the parcel using a different courier. Let's see how long it takes this time.

@intruder16 u live in pune right i got my wifi card in 5 days how u didn't get it this long

Nice. Where did you order it from? And where do u live?

If you followed the guide properly, the problem you are getting must be due to some app. Check the log to see anything unusual.

Nice. Where did you order it from? And where do u live?

If you followed the guide properly, the problem you are getting must be due to some app. Check the log to see anything unusual.

I ordered from flipkart buy it from WS retailer he is kind of good in delivering thing atleast

I am sorry if u have felt bad i didn't men it

No problem at all. It's just we are all here to help each other and every one with an issue should provide enough data and observations in addition to get his hand dirty so at the end he would learn something.

I tried installating my keyboard is not getting detected in installer

For keyboard and touchpad we only put the kext in the proper location. There is no installer for them. Unless you are taking about OS X installation process where you can't use them then you forgot to put the kext in USB Installer Kexts folder.

No problem at all. It's just we are all here to help each other and every one with an issue should provide enough database and observations in addition to get his hand dirty so at the end he would learn something.

For keyboard and touchpad we only put the kext in the proper location. There is no installer for them. Unless you are taking about OS X installation process where you can't use them then you forgot to put the kext in USB Installer Kexts folder.

Yeah now i remembered i deleted voodoo ps2 kext cause i had installed gestures

Hey guys i able to update my mac i see this error anyone what is it http://postimg.org/image/vrsl0vshd

Off-topic: Could you give some details? keep it a habit to give as much details as you can when required so people understands and know how to help instead of asking you back to give details!

On-topic: What were you trying to achieve? update from 10.10.2 to 10.10.3? did you go for combo update or via App Store? more details!