Clover Theme Manager

blackosx

589 posts in this topic

I am sorry but Clover can't set the resolution for Nvidia cards.

Possible resolutions for Nvidia are

static TABLE_0 nvda_res[RESOLUTIONS_NUMBER] = {
  {1280,  720},
  {1280,  800},
  {1360,  768},
  {1400, 1050},
  {1440,  900},
  {1600,  900},
  {1600, 1200},
  {1680, 1050},
  {1920, 1080},
  {1920, 1200},
  {2048, 1536}
};

That's all, sorry.

But for ATI cards?

Apple is shifting to ATI anyway..So I would wait until the release of the next imac and buy an ATI GPU..

Thanks for clarification!

• 1 month later...

Last week I accidentally 'semi-destroyed' the clover theme repo. Sorry if anyone has tried to use it. The repo is still part-functional in a read-only state and I am trying to learn how to fix it.

In the mean time I am posting an amended version of CloverThemeManager which will work with the repo in it's current state. This version is limited in that it does not check to see if the server is live and also does not check for app or theme updates. 

attachment=168737:CloverThemeManager_v0.76.1tmp_updateID_16.zip

Note: If the Sourceforge server/git service does go down for any reason and this app is run then because the check has been removed, there's a chance you may have to manually quit the bash process. But the odds of this happening are slim.

EDIT: attachment removed as main app version now works again since Clover theme repo was restored.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Clover Theme Repo has been restored.
http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes/ci/master/tree/

I just need to figure out setting write permissions, but the main app will now function again so no need to use the tmp version any longer.

EDIT:

Well I figured out the write permissions but the restored repo looked different to what the hook scripts wanted. I tested some changes to the post-update script and ended up breaking the repo again! argh...  

EDIT2:

Got it back up and running though please bear with me as things have changed for some reason and I am working on revising the server-side hook scripts.

Right now, for anyone who has run it CloverThemeManager before, loading the app will stop at 'Repository Git Index'. To get round this, please quick the app and do the following:

1 - delete /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/CloverThemeManager/index.git

2 - delete /tmp/CloverThemeManager

The app will then load but please be aware that an previously installed themes will flag with an update available. This is false.

Please bear with me.

Hi pianman

Sorry for any inconvenience but there's a still a problem with the repo. I hope it to be fixed soon. :(

In the mean time you can still download the themes from the repo by doing the following in terminal.app

git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/XXXXXXXX | tar -xp
So as an example, let's say I want to install the theme 'dark' to one of my Clover installs I could do the following:

cd ~/Desktop
git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/dark | tar -xp
This creates a folder named 'themes' to my desktop and inside will be the dark theme. I can then drag and drop the 'dark' theme folder using the Finder in to my /EFI/CLOVER/themes dir. Then I can edit Clover's config.plist file to use the theme dark.

Hi pianman

Sorry for any inconvenience but there's a still a problem with the repo. I hope it to be fixed soon. :(

In the mean time you can still download the themes from the repo by doing the following in terminal.app

git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/XXXXXXXX | tar -xp
So as an example, let's say I want to install the theme 'dark' to one of my Clover installs I could do the following:

cd ~/Desktop
git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/dark | tar -xp
This creates a folder named 'themes' to my desktop and inside will be the dark theme. I can then drag and drop the 'dark' theme folder using the Finder in to my /EFI/CLOVER/themes dir. Then I can edit Clover's config.plist file to use the theme dark.

Ok, I download theme manually.

• Like 1

Yes. The repo is up and some stuff works but... The repository uses server side scripts to generate an index for theme.plists and screenshots, check access permissions and create and sync bare git repos of each theme. Since I broke the repo and then managed to get it rebuilt, the structure is not the same as it was and the scripts don't work as intended. I spent a couple of days conducting some tests with the repo and got it working to a point but it's still not right. I've since contacted apianti, who was the one who set it up, to have a look.. so hopefully soon things will be back to normal.

So for now, manually downloading a theme works, but the bare git repos of the themes don't and those are what Clover Theme Manager downloads and then checks out locally to the users' machine.

The repo is still in the same state as it was on 25th September so the app should still be able to connect to it. It works here.

For the app to fail at that stage, the script either couldn't detect a network connection on your system or the following command returned nothing:

git ls-remote git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes

Here I see:

$ git ls-remote git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes
33f3d77c685480a0de2a1b9b3fce97d89c9b97df	HEAD
33f3d77c685480a0de2a1b9b3fce97d89c9b97df	refs/heads/master

Which shows the repo exists.

Unfortunately, apianti is busy and has not yet had time to fix the theme repo so for now the app can only be used to browse themes. Installing can still be done manually using info from the post above.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't dislike the tiles and Windows look in general either, but did you really need to call it 'Microsoft Windows Boot Manager'? :D

Just to make it looks really like Windows 8.

What Microsoft will say about it?

The theme is nice but it is not made by Microsft.

Copyrights issue maybe ?

I can just replace the Microsoft Word by "Clover EFI"

Hi Nonta72

If you post your theme then I'll upload it to the repo for you.

Thanks you blackosx, I will fix the banner and will post the final build soon. You still can use the file I have uploaded here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308842-theme-windows-8-metro-theme-for-clover-bootloaderthe banner fixing should then be included in the next update.

Thanks you blackosx, I will fix the banner and will post the final build soon. You still can use the file I have uploaded here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308842-theme-windows-8-metro-theme-for-clover-bootloaderthe banner fixing should then be included in the next update.

I've added your theme to the repo along with a screenshot but with a blank banner.png.

Let me know once you revise the image and I'll replace it.

Users can download it manually from the repo using:

git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/Metro | tar -xp

The theme can also be installed using CloverThemeManager (for now). I may take a look at trying to fix the repo again as apianti has not had time to look at it and it's just sat there in less than 100% functional state. My attempts to fix it will probably result in the Metro theme soon not be available for download via CloverThemeManager app, but manual download will still work.

I think I've fixed the repo server-side, and have tweaked the app to suit, plus some bug fixes and additions. So far, local testing proves positive so I'm pushing the update out.

updateID 17 pushed.

- Adapt app to work with latest state of repo and post-update script.
- Fix revealing previews for themes with updates.
- Fix issue where message box listing many theme updates would not clear from screen when closed.
- Add progress bar to indicate the app is checking for theme updates.

Previous app versions should notify of the update, but in case of any issues I've attached latest build to the first post in this thread.

Note: Due to the changes in the repo, any themes you've previously installed using this app will be flagged with updates available. This is simply because the commit hash of each theme will have changed. The only way to clear these will be to click update for each theme.

Please let me know of any issues.

EDIT:
If when loading the app it seems to have stalled before 'Repository git index' then quit the app and navigate to /Users/<username>/Library/Application\ Support/CloverThemeManager/ and delete index.git and retry.

Yes, copyrights.

Alright...

I've added your theme to the repo along with a screenshot but with a blank banner.png.

Let me know once you revise the image and I'll replace it.

Users can download it manually from the repo using:

git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/Metro | tar -xp

The theme can also be installed using CloverThemeManager (for now). I may take a look at trying to fix the repo again as apianti has not had time to look at it and it's just sat there in less than 100% functional state. My attempts to fix it will probably result in the Metro theme soon not be available for download via CloverThemeManager app, but manual download will still work.

Got it thanks.

I'll fix the banner this week end. Been busy with school.

Thanks. I've updated the repo with the revised files.

Note: The repo, which I thought to have fixed, is still not 100% as it used to be with regard to the bare git repos for each theme. I will try to find time to look at it again. As a result, any installed themes will be flagged again with updates available.

EDIT:

After some changes and testing today I am happy to have a working server-side post-update script which seems to do what I think it needs to do. CloverThemeManager should now correctly report a theme update when a theme is amended.  Sorry for all the false-positives for updates that anyone's been seeing recently. If anyone has updates for themes showing then please click update them to clear the notification.