[GUIDE] Install Mavericks/Yosemite on Sony VAIO S (2012) -and other UEFI capable VAIOs-

midi-sama

476 posts in this topic

Ok, I did it. Took me some time stalking RehabMan's posts  :D

post-1243126-0-59480400-1423253401_thumb.png

I realized that it's only done by just adding _OFF() and editing stuffs.

And now my brightness slider is working! (It didn't work until now :rofl: )

The thing left is my P-states and temp (if it's related)... I only get 4 P-states on battery (see the pic)

post-1243126-0-62841700-1423254453_thumb.png

And 7-8 P-states on AC (with I/O error, throttling down to xxHz)

post-1243126-0-43991200-1423254545_thumb.png

So, I'm going to remove the original ssdt.. But I wonder if there is any side effect or not?

I hope it will help with the heat and give me better battery life..

I'm so happy. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys finally my AMD problem was solved by Slice n Blacosx :)

But it goes to sleep but won't wake up,caps lock works n back light on screen n no sound !

Tried lots of post n 2FA method, but still iMessage is not waorking !

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there,

I have a Sony VAIO SVS 13p and everything was working perfectly, even power management in Yosemite and Wake/Sleep.. until a few days ago. I just don't know what happened or when it happened but from one day to another my sleep/wake broke.. Not only that, since then I get weird problems. For example when I shut down my laptop, it restarts automatically. And my CPU is 100% most of the time, always 2,90GHz (on battery) and 3,40Gz on ac cord. I noticed that when I booted without caches or (disable hibernation mode) the CPU went back to 1,20GHz..

Because I couldn't figure out the problem I did a fresh installation and patched the DSDT again and generated the SSDT file. Now I'm always at 2,9/3,4GHz.. What's the problem? Everything was working before.. why not now? Not even in Mavericks anymore..

Hey there,

I have a Sony VAIO SVS 13p and everything was working perfectly, even power management in Yosemite and Wake/Sleep.. until a few days ago. I just don't know what happened or when it happened but from one day to another my sleep/wake broke.. Not only that, since then I get weird problems. For example when I shut down my laptop, it restarts automatically. And my CPU is 100% most of the time, always 2,90GHz (on battery) and 3,40Gz on ac cord. I noticed that when I booted without caches or (disable hibernation mode) the CPU went back to 1,20GHz..

Because I couldn't figure out the problem I did a fresh installation and patched the DSDT again and generated the SSDT file. Now I'm always at 2,9/3,4GHz.. What's the problem? Everything was working before.. why not now? Not even in Mavericks anymore..

If you have i7, just use KernelPM and -xcpm, and do not generate SSDT (didnt work for me at all) you will get 4 normal P-stats and all the turbo mode states. And I still have sleep and wake, I donno what have you done

What's funny, is that I had generated SSDT before Clover (UEFI) in my Chameleon (Legacy) installation and kept it after switching to Clover and had working Power Management with more P-States (without -xpcm/no SSDT).

Only thing I can think of that changed since then is that I replaced my optical drive with a HDD caddy to have 2 hard disks.

EDIT: I removed that SSDT file and tried with -xpcm and Kernel PM.. My CPU still uses 100%. 2,9/3,4GHz all the time. Maybe it's something else.

EDIT 2: I tried with different SSDTs generated by different tools. The one generated by ssdtPRGen 15.6 (and MaciASL I think) got me stuck at 0,8GHz but my older SSDTs and the new generated by Vietnam Tool give me 2,9/3,4GHz..

• Like 1

heh, same as me :P but for me, I have 1.2 1.9 2.4 and 2.9 GHz on battery, on AC I have more (rarely up to 3.6 since Sony throttled the CPU, even on windows it can't get to the max freq!)

3,6GHz is max for single core, 3,4GHz ist max for dual, as far as I know. But that's not the problem. My problem is, that can't get lower than the max frequency. I constantly get 2,9GHz on battery and 3,4GHz on ac cord and over 60°C without doing anything. Just booted into the system. I can see kernel_task using a lot of the CPU. When I let it sleep and wake, it dropped to 1,2GHz and 40-45°C. Really weird behaviour. Something is wrong here.

I will put in the optical drive and try again and see if something changed.. the max. 3,4GHz is normal for dual-core. only on single you will get 3,6GHz. But with working power management there are more P-States. ;)

Hi Midi,

I am trying to instal Yosemite into my Vaio SVS1512DCXB, I completed all the steps to prepare the USB but I could not boot into USB eventhough I selected boot from USB drive. The computer just flashed the vaio logo for 3 or 4 times and then got stuck at Vaio logo. I have win 8.1 on it also UEFI boot. Thanks for help.