Black screen after 10.9.4 combo update

TatsuArekku

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've got an issue for which I can't seem to find a solution. I had OS X Mavericks 10.9 installed on a hard drive connected to my HP ENVY dv6-7247cl via a SATA-to-USB 3.0 cable. After using the 10.9.4 combo update, I get a black screen when I boot. I have sound (I can push the volume buttons on my laptop and hear the typical accompanying click), so I'm assuming I'm reaching the desktop fine. The screen, however, is absolutely blank. When I boot using verbose mode, I can spot no errors that might be related to the problem. In fact, the readout proceeds and ends like one would expect, only it's followed by blackness.

The boot flags I currently use are -v, ncpi=0x2000, cpus=1, and dart=0. I've also tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=No, though neither seems to help.

Specs are in my sig. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! (Also, any fixes for those boot flags I'm having to use—cpus=1, especially—would be awesome.)

Thanks,

TatsuArekku

hello

it seems u read little about what u are trying to do

Intel HD4000 and Haswell Inject AAPL,ig-platform-id    

the cpus=1 is lapic problem very common in HP

using chameleon .. only know 2 solutions .. using lapic kernel or in chameleon the module kernelpatcher

google about lapic

good hack 

• Like 1

Hi, artur-pt,

I've actually scoured the internet looking for solutions and have read very much on what I'm attempting to do. I only posted as a last resort (maybe don't always assume so much?).

Anyway, I realize that a kernel panic when attempting to use more than one CPU on an HP is common. I've already tried using a lapic kernel as well as the kernel patcher; neither worked. I will, of course, try again, but I don't know why it would be any different. Fingers crossed, though. I'd love to have done something wrong the first time and for that to be the reason it didn't work.  :P

As far as my other issue—having sound but no display after booting into 10.9.4—do you have any ideas? I was thinking it was a kext issue, but I've no earthly idea, really.

Thanks for your help,

TatsuArekku

hello

sure u have problems in hd 4000 setup .. the link i post earlier i for that

u can try also use this kext for cpu problems

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodootscsync/downloads/

anyway my advise to u is start reading about clover bootloader .. sure u have uefi bios..

good hack

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies for the delayed response. Just thought I'd offer the courtesy of an update for anyone with a similar problem. Successfully running 10.9.5 with Intel HD kexts, DSDT, and "GraphicsEnabler=No"; just need to enable graphics acceleration. Thanks for your time and suggestions, artur-pt.