Solution for Qualcomm Atheros AR816x, AR817x and Killer E220x

Mieze

298 posts in this topic

To test it by pinging to google.nl and play a game at the same time. When the game hangs I also see "ping: sendto: No route to host - Request timeout for icmp_seq". Steam also reconnects at those moments. It looks like it can't handle all the packets it receives and sends and just drops the connection for 1 second sometimes.

Sorry, but that's nonsense. In case there is a driver related problem you should post kernel logs showing the issue. At first glance, this could also be related to Energy Efficient Ethernet as it might sometimes causes the link to be dropped when there is no activity.

Mieze 

Sorry, but that's nonsense. In case there is a driver related problem you should post kernel logs showing the issue. At first glance, this could also be related to Energy Efficient Ethernet as it might sometimes causes the link to be dropped when there is no activity.

Mieze 

Yeah, I think that's right. During the last 2 hours i tried some manual settings:

Speed: 1000baseT

Duplex: Full Duplex

MTU: 1400

Since the Energy Efficient Ethernet is off in those settings, it's probably that one. Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I keep getting the attached error whenever I try to boot. It just hangs on -v at SetMulticastList(). I have installed the AtherosE2200 kext which worked perfectly but sometimes it is randomly stopping me from booting. 

This happens whether I have my Ethernet plugged in or taken out. Booking into -x also fails so I am at a loss!

After a few restarts it just goes away and boots as normal. Once in Mac OS, speed is great and there are no issues.

Thanks for any help!

post-532654-0-30662000-1475608495_thumb.jpg

Hey,

I keep getting the attached error whenever I try to boot. It just hangs on -v at SetMulticastList(). I have installed the AtherosE2200 kext which worked perfectly but sometimes it is randomly stopping me from booting. 

This happens whether I have my Ethernet plugged in or taken out. Booking into -x also fails so I am at a loss!

After a few restarts it just goes away and boots as normal. Once in Mac OS, speed is great and there are no issues.

Thanks for any help!

According to the problem description and the screenshot it's most likely a messed up system, maybe a wrong BIOS setting or a problem with the DSDT but there is only one thing I can rule out at almost 100%: a driver issue!

Mieze

Hi,

I've update my hackintosh to Sierra (Gigabyte Z77-DS3H v1.1 with this E2200 ethernet) and using driver 2.2.0 today I've experience at least 15 dropped connection from the network with only this error:

Ethernet [AtherosE2200]: Link down on en1

Ethernet [AtherosE2200]: Link up on en1, 1-Gigabit, full-duplex, Rx/Tx flow-control, energy-efficient-ethernet

Using old driver (I think 2.1.0) on El Capitan there was no issue..

Is anyone experience the same problem?

For the moment I've switched my cable connection to a RTL nic and it works without issue.

Thanks!

Hi,

I've update my hackintosh to Sierra (Gigabyte Z77-DS3H v1.1 with this E2200 ethernet) and using driver 2.2.0 today I've experience at least 15 dropped connection from the network with only this error:

Ethernet [AtherosE2200]: Link down on en1

Ethernet [AtherosE2200]: Link up on en1, 1-Gigabit, full-duplex, Rx/Tx flow-control, energy-efficient-ethernet

Using old driver (I think 2.1.0) on El Capitan there was no issue..

Is anyone experience the same problem?

For the moment I've switched my cable connection to a RTL nic and it works without issue.

Thanks!

If you read at least the last 5 posts in this thread you would have found the solution yourself: Disable energy efficient ethernet!

Mieze

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks works flawless on my Asus Laptop G750JX.  I was using ALXethernet for the last two years Yosemite and El Capitan no issues then I did a clean install of Sierra 10.12.1 and I got a reboot every time it went to sleep and it came down to the ALX driver to be the cause.

Ethernet controller [0200]: Qualcomm Atheros QCA8171 Gigabit Ethernet [1969:10a1] (rev 10)

Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:200f]

• Like 1

Hello Mieze, I have been having trouble with my hackintosh. My laptop has a killer e2400 integrated nic and I installed your e2200.kext so that it would work, but at startup I get this error:

Ethernet [AtherosE2200] region #0 is not an MMIO resource, aborting

I have tried everything that I can think of, but I can not get it to work to save my life!! I also PM'd you. Any help would be greatly aplreciated!

Hello Mieze, I have been having trouble with my hackintosh. My laptop has a killer e2400 integrated nic and I installed your e2200.kext so that it would work, but at startup I get this error:

Ethernet [AtherosE2200] region #0 is not an MMIO resource, aborting

I have tried everything that I can think of, but I can not get it to work to save my life!! I also PM'd you. Any help would be greatly aplreciated!

Please post complete kernel logs including at least on boot sequence.

Mieze

How do I get to kernel logs? When I go to system preferences, software, logs, there is nothing under kernel.log.

Provided you are using Sierra, in Terminal type:

log show --predicate "processID == 0" --debug

Mieze

I am running Sierra, and have attatched my Kernel Log to this post. Thank you for any help that you can give me!

There is not a single message from the driver in your log file. Either way the driver isn't installed properly or there is no supported NIC in your system. By the way, your ACPI tables seem to be messed up too, but that's another topic.

Mieze

There is not a single message from the driver in your log file. Either way the driver isn't installed properly or there is no supported NIC in your system. By the way, your ACPI tables seem to be messed up too, but that's another topic.

Mieze

I am sorry, that was my fault. My Build of Sierra crashed today when I was trying to get the nework drivers to work and I had to rebuild the OS. I forgot to install the kext into the system. I installed your kext and reuploaded a new kernel log. Sorry, the file was 10.5 mb and I can only upload 10. <_< I also uploaded a picture of the error I keep getting that I assume is why I don't get network... What about my ACPI Tables now?

Kernel Log.zip

post-1264949-0-32779700-1478678932_thumb.png

I had to download a bunch of stuff from the link attached in order to get my laptop to boot with Sierra. I have an MSI GT72 6QD Dominator G. It has an integrated killer e2400 nic. The only way I could get it to boot was with that guys stuff. He said that the network would work with your kext, but I haven't gotten it to work.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/msi-gt72s-6qd-6700hq.206116/

I don't know if you can help me by looking ato the files in the efi folder that I downloaded from him, but any help is appreciated. I am very new to hackintosh, and am starting to get frustrated that the ethernet is the only thing I can't get to work! Please replay asap if you find anything. Thanks!

I had to download a bunch of stuff from the link attached in order to get my laptop to boot with Sierra. I have an MSI GT72 6QD Dominator G. It has an integrated killer e2400 nic. The only way I could get it to boot was with that guys stuff. He said that the network would work with your kext, but I haven't gotten it to work.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/msi-gt72s-6qd-6700hq.206116/

I don't know if you can help me by looking ato the files in the efi folder that I downloaded from him, but any help is appreciated. I am very new to hackintosh, and am starting to get frustrated that the ethernet is the only thing I can't get to work! Please replay asap if you find anything. Thanks!

Get the prebuilt binary of the driver from Insanelymac.com's download area and try it. Please check the log file first before you report back.

Mieze

@Zelda_link64: Ok, the driver is installed properly but doesn't load, most likely because there is no compatible hardware found. I doubt that there is a Killer NIC at all in your system, even if the manufacturer's specification says so. Sorry!

Mieze

@Zelda_link64: Ok, the driver is installed properly but doesn't load, most likely because there is no compatible hardware found. I doubt that there is a Killer NIC at all in your system, even if the manufacturer's specification says so. Sorry!

Mieze

OK, I am glad that it is installed correctly. I am very frustrated that it thinks it's not there. I know it is there, and clover even sees it when I boot to Mac! I just get this stupid error:

Ethernet [AethrosE2200]: region #0 not an MMIO resource, aborting

I know it sees the killer e2400 because it says so before that error. I attached a picture of the boot sequence. Is there any way to log the clover boot?

Ethernet [AethrosE2200]: region #0 not an MMIO resource, aborting

The error message is a strong indication that there is something wrong with the hardware, i.e. it's not a chip which is supported by the driver or maybe, the BIOS does something strange with the hardware I'm not aware of.

Mieze