[USB Wifi] Updated Ralink/Mediatek RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572

rodrigocunha
460 posts in this topic

Thank you @chris1111

I'm using DWA-140WirelessUtility.prefPane and it's working fine, but yeah, kext need to be in S/L/E.

After adding MiniTaskUSB from @ghost8282 to the setup, now it's working perfect, auto connecting to active profile on login.

One last issue I have is about Real-Time Clock Power Loss (005), got this error on every boot, going to try RTCMemoryFixup + rtcfx_exclude, any suggestion?

Edited by MNSiw

I add another button to Connect D-LinkUtility  (Logout before Connect)

Usefull if not connect to the first try

button.png.34608b6a74647ceda87d7c39b5c37475.png

Also test MiniTaskUSB-DWA160 and its work good 🍷

1423811656_ScreenShot2021-06-30at8_16_12AM.png.b51c2433f9704e8a48e8b450cdec6c57.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

OK Release V2 Use MiniTaskUSB-DWA160 on Github

now Now the program Install or Uninstall options.

604611632_MiniTaskUSB-DWA1602.png.e64a7bc5c41313406414ece3911a623b.png

Now the Connect D-LinkUtility.app is install on Desktop.

MiniTaskUSB-DWA160.png.20c3d321cda4d17d71a68e91ea8fa0ba.png

Enjoy D-Link :D

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

Hi @chris1111, do you know if a 64 bit application exist in your repos for 2870?

As far as I know all are 32 bit, newer versions only install the prefpane.

Patching the prefpane is a no go (at least for me), as apple decided to block things executed from within the system preference panel (for example, java installs a prefpane but when clicked it opens a separate app/panel).

Maybe, if we have a 64 bit app (I mean not integrated in the preference panel) there will be some hope in having the scan function.

5 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

Hi @chris1111, do you know if a 64 bit application exist in your repos for 2870?

As far as I know all are 32 bit, newer versions only install the prefpane.

Patching the prefpane is a no go (at least for me), as apple decided to block things executed from within the system preference panel (for example, java installs a prefpane but when clicked it opens a separate app/panel).

Maybe, if we have a 64 bit app (I mean not integrated in the preference panel) there will be some hope in having the scan function.

I don't have that but I don't quite understand the end of your last paragraph? can you be more clear in what you are looking for

For my part the network works very well on my ARCHER T2UH

I do not believe that the preferance panel will change anything because the scan is done very well by MiniTask USB. Do you have problems with your Adapter

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

I don't have that but I don't quite understand the end of your last paragraph? can you be more clear in what you are looking for

For my part the network works very well on my ARCHER T2UH

I do not believe that the preferance panel will change anything because the scan is done very well by MiniTask USB. Do you have problems with your Adapter

Thank you Chris.

I have no issue with the wifi connection, no problems.

But you are saying that "the scan is done very well by MiniTask USB": here I'm confused...To be clear, by "scan" I mean having a window or something else that shows me available wifi networks, even if I'm not connected to any ssid.

If I click MiniTask USB all it does is running it by putting an icon in the top bar; the only way I know to scan for networks is clicking on the icon, then on "Wireless Preferences", but this does nothing.

How do you scan for available networks?

Edited by ghost8282

14 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Thank you Chris.

I have no issue with the wifi connection, no problems.

But you are saying that "the scan is done very well by MiniTask USB": here I'm confused...To be clear, by "scan" I mean having a window or something else that shows me available wifi networks, even if I'm not connected to any ssid.

If I click MiniTask USB all it does is running it by putting an icon in the top bar; the only way I know to scan for networks is clicking on the icon, then on "Wireless Preferences", but this does nothing.

How do you scan for available networks?

Ha ok now I understand I think the only way would be to correct the Panel to have network available or try to modify WirelessUtility.app 32 bit app from Mediatek

Just now, chris1111 said:

Ha ok now I understand I think the only way would be to correct the Panel to have network available or try to modify WirelessUtility.app 32 bit app from Mediatek

yeah that's what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear.

The panel is a no go: apple doesn't allow to run things within the panel itself.

So I asked for a Wireless utility, but as far as I know all are 32 bit and it's impossible to convert without source code.

I think it's a no go...super angry with the ralink/mediatek/dlink developers....why they abandoned the app and went for the prefpane?Couldn't they convert the app to 64 bit too?if it was, now we had working devices with scan functions...

5 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

yeah that's what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear.

The panel is a no go: apple doesn't allow to run things within the panel itself.

So I asked for a Wireless utility, but as far as I know all are 32 bit and it's impossible to convert without source code.

I think it's a no go...super angry with the ralink/mediatek/dlink developers....why they abandoned the app and went for the prefpane?Couldn't they convert the app to 64 bit too?if it was, now we had working devices with scan functions...

Here some wifi scaner

https://github.com/pkruk/osx-wifi-scanner

A lots of thing exist on Github for that

Google scan macOS WIFI Github :D

Dont know why Mediatek they abandoned the app

Edited by chris1111

25 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

no way, it's for devices using itlwm driver (intel) :blowup:

The Clover panel works in BS and Monterey so its possible to make Dlink panel working

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

The Clover panel works in BS

mmm yes, you are right...I will try to understand why the dlink panel only shows to me error windows :hysterical:

It's only one year that I'm trying to understand how to implement that damn scan function: you may think: go to that damn store and buy a new compatible adapter, it's only 20$-30$!!

NO!!!!:blowup:

13 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

mmm yes, you are right...I will try to understand why the dlink panel only shows to me error windows :hysterical:

It's only one year that I'm trying to understand how to implement that damn scan function: you may think: go to that damn store and buy a new compatible adapter, it's only 20$-30$!!

NO!!!!:blowup:

I try to also understand the error panel :guitar:

We have a short cut with a scan fonction here

https://github.com/FivePixels/dwa140shortcut

You need Apple developer ID to modify the build 

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, chris1111 said:

The strange thing is de DW160 Panel open no error if the adapter is not plug :frantics:

1100820530_ScreenShot2021-07-01at5_19_14PM.thumb.png.99fb2b14d1d8ef73d471cb536b77b360.png

Do you have a link to this?

I tried the prefpane v.2.6.2.0 (DWA-160) but same error

Update: ok, it's not the panel, it's the kext, when the kext isn't loaded the panel opens without errors, but obviously it can't read anything...back to checking the kext

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 2:21 AM, chris1111 said:

The strange thing is de DW160 Panel open no error if the adapter is not plug :frantics:

Only solution that worked for me is moving kext to S/L/E, pane works fine with kext loaded and shows/connect to available networks.

Edited by MNSiw
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MNSiw said:

Only solution that worked for me is moving kext to S/L/E, pane works fine with kext loaded and shows/connect to available networks.

Yes I tried that too in the past (first betas of big sur)...but how you managed updates?

I have no problems in breaking the seal, but with a broken seal you cannot update the os anymore...so, are you doing something different to have a broken seal and manage system updates?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ghost8282 said:

Yes I tried that too in the past (first betas of big sur)...but how you managed updates?

I have no problems in breaking the seal, but with a broken seal you cannot update the os anymore...so, are you doing something different to have a broken seal and manage system updates?

I try ant the panel Open but nothings appens, the adapter not blinked , no signal

same in Monterey

2 hours ago, chris1111 said:

I try ant the panel Open but nothings appens, the adapter not blinked , no signal

same in Monterey

With my device, breaking the seal works, and you have a fully functional device with scan function, but as said above, breaking the seal is a mess; as far as I remember, I always injected the kext with opencore and copied an additional copy of the kext into S/L/E to have the panel working; the panel was also installed in /system/Library/PreferencePanes.

4 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

With my device, breaking the seal works, and you have a fully functional device with scan function, but as said above, breaking the seal is a mess; as far as I remember, I always injected the kext with opencore and copied an additional copy of the kext into S/L/E to have the panel working; the panel was also installed in /system/Library/PreferencePanes.

Anyway I dont need the panel My program is sufisant for me, it work great OC OR L/E

No solution exist for the panel

Edited by chris1111

16 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

Good, curious how you did it :D

I'm sure it can be done without messing too much, I'm just missing the very last step ahah

Its done my freind Follow instruttion :guitar: 

Dont use with a existing D-LinkUtility or with a bootloader inject kext, remove previous install before:wink_anim:

DWA-160Wireless Utility

Tell me what you think about it

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1