Jump to content

[USB Wifi] Updated Ralink/Mediatek RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572


rodrigocunha
476 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Just now, RagK said:

I tried but it did not work. Is it due to the fact that my wifi has WPA2?

Why not Buying a compatible adapter 

This is the Known Working and testing adapter 

Spoiler

#### Known Working and testing adapter 
- Archer T2U NANO
- Archer T3U
- Archer T3U Plus
- Archer T2U MINI V3
- Archer T2U Plus
- ArcherT4U V3
- Archer T9UH V2
- ASUS USB AC68
- ASUS USB-N13
- COMFAST CF-811AC
- EDIMAX EW-7722UTn V2
- EDIMAX_EW-7822ULC
- EDIMAX EW-7612Uan V2
- EDIMAX N300
- EDIMAX EW-7811Un (N150)
- EDUP EP-AC1689
- Linksys WUSB6300
- Linksys WUSB6400M
- Netgear A7000
- Sitecom WLA7100
- TL-WN823Nv3
- TL-WN823Nv2
- TL-WN725Nv3
- TL-WN723Nv3
- TL-WN722Nv3
- TL-WN821Nv6
- TL-WN822Nv5
- TRENDnet N150 Micro
- TRENDnet TEW-908UB

 

Follow this page

https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Check that the kext is loaded, check that the utility runs, check network in system preference pane.

 

Kext is loaded,2072693053_ScreenShot2020-11-20at7_17_09PM.png.3e55fdaca51b43915aff85b4dfbbb964.png

 

And the system preference pane shows this 1808201026_ScreenShot2020-11-20at7_28_33PM.png.49037bd64b7148b79261e5188dc2636d.png

 

Also the utility works as when I unplug wifi dongle, the utility closes automatically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
On 9/29/2020 at 6:13 PM, ghost8282 said:

D-LinkUtility/MiniTaskUSB-DLinkUtility

 

Can you please share MiniTaskUSB-DLinkUtility that works on Big Sur, the one I have shows 'need to be updated' error, tried finding it online but no luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MNSiw said:

Can you please share MiniTaskUSB-DLinkUtility that works on Big Sur

I'm using this in big sur 11.4 20F71, see attached D-LinkUtility.zip: there's only the DLinkUtility, not the prefpane as it wont work due to big sur extra security.

Just extract D-LinkUtility.zip into your app folder.

And of course you need the kext for your wifi chip, since I'm running a vm hackintosh I'm injecting the kext with the opencore bootloader.

You will need to manually edit the plist files as described above to connect to the ssid, you will have no control from the app (the "wireless preference" menu is not working), you can't scan for networks, so you need to know the ssid data and manually input them in the plist.

I'm attaching also MiniTaskUSB-DLinkUtility-patch-icon-text-big-sur.zip

If you use the original D-LinkUtility you will find that the icons in the top bar are {censored}, the % is not readable at all.

So I just replaced MiniTaskUSB-DLinkUtility ("patched")  into D-LinkUtility to have readable icons both in dark and light themes.

D-LinkUtility.zip MiniTaskUSB-DLinkUtility-patch-icon-text-big-sur.zip

Edited by ghost8282
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

I'm using this in big sur 11.4 20F71, see attached D-LinkUtility.zip: there's only the DLinkUtility, not the prefpane as it wont work due to big sur extra security.

 

Thank you so much Ghost8282 for such a detailed response, so nice of you 🙂

 

I'm using TP-Link USB adaptor for WiFi, using RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext + DWA-140WirelessUtility.prefPane, first I tried injecting the kext through OpenCore but preference pane was crashing with that, so moved it to S/L/E, no more crash and it started showing available networks.

 

But it does not connect automatically on boot, previously I was using MiniTaskUSB-DWA140.app for this purpose, but this version isn't compatible with Big Sur, now going to try the one you shared.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

For RT2870USBWirelessDriver?

That would be a dream :D

 

I have a DREAM 😂

Yes :guitar: The program will integrate the OC install or LE Install :D

246564286_Capturedecranle2021-06-29a08_48_53.png.19a4a2cfcd93859acdcad5dd93abc244.png

 

238239332_Capturedecranle2021-06-29a08_44_41.png.4855889086562d7145596a5487836f77.png 524168850_Capturedecranle2021-06-29a08_46_32.png.4013b5849bbcb4b35d47987feca5eda7.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Thanks Chris to have packaged all the things: still we don't have the scan network nor the prefpane, am I right?I think there's nothing to do with them, I tried patching the binaries but had no luck.

Thanks to you :moil:

the panel not working anymore 

 

I add a usefull utility  

available at the end of the github page

Screen Shot .png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

Sorry Chris, maybe I'm dumb or just worked too much today...but I cannot find the "Connect D-LinkUtility": is it inside D-LinkUtility-Package.zip ?

:blowup:

 

NEVERMIND, MY EYES WORK NOW!! FOUND :D

 

I organise the page with a smal video for Connect Wifi 🍷

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you @chris1111

 

I'm using DWA-140WirelessUtility.prefPane and it's working fine, but yeah, kext need to be in S/L/E.

 

After adding MiniTaskUSB from @ghost8282 to the setup, now it's working perfect, auto connecting to active profile on login.

 

One last issue I have is about Real-Time Clock Power Loss (005), got this error on every boot, going to try RTCMemoryFixup + rtcfx_exclude, any suggestion?

Edited by MNSiw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I add another button to Connect D-LinkUtility  (Logout before Connect)

Usefull if not connect to the first try

button.png.34608b6a74647ceda87d7c39b5c37475.png

 

Also test MiniTaskUSB-DWA160 and its work good 🍷

1423811656_ScreenShot2021-06-30at8_16_12AM.png.b51c2433f9704e8a48e8b450cdec6c57.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

OK Release V2 Use MiniTaskUSB-DWA160 on Github

now Now the program Install or Uninstall options.

604611632_MiniTaskUSB-DWA1602.png.e64a7bc5c41313406414ece3911a623b.png

Now the Connect D-LinkUtility.app is install on Desktop.

MiniTaskUSB-DWA160.png.20c3d321cda4d17d71a68e91ea8fa0ba.png

 

Enjoy D-Link :D

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @chris1111, do you know if a 64 bit application exist in your repos for 2870?

As far as I know all are 32 bit, newer versions only install the prefpane.

Patching the prefpane is a no go (at least for me), as apple decided to block things executed from within the system preference panel (for example, java installs a prefpane but when clicked it opens a separate app/panel).

Maybe, if we have a 64 bit app (I mean not integrated in the preference panel) there will be some hope in having the scan function.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

Hi @chris1111, do you know if a 64 bit application exist in your repos for 2870?

As far as I know all are 32 bit, newer versions only install the prefpane.

Patching the prefpane is a no go (at least for me), as apple decided to block things executed from within the system preference panel (for example, java installs a prefpane but when clicked it opens a separate app/panel).

Maybe, if we have a 64 bit app (I mean not integrated in the preference panel) there will be some hope in having the scan function.

 

I don't have that but I don't quite understand the end of your last paragraph? can you be more clear in what you are looking for

For my part the network works very well on my ARCHER T2UH

I do not believe that the preferance panel will change anything because the scan is done very well by MiniTask USB. Do you have problems with your Adapter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

I don't have that but I don't quite understand the end of your last paragraph? can you be more clear in what you are looking for

For my part the network works very well on my ARCHER T2UH

I do not believe that the preferance panel will change anything because the scan is done very well by MiniTask USB. Do you have problems with your Adapter

Thank you Chris.

I have no issue with the wifi connection, no problems.

But you are saying that "the scan is done very well by MiniTask USB": here I'm confused...To be clear, by "scan" I mean having a window or something else that shows me available wifi networks, even if I'm not connected to any ssid.

If I click MiniTask USB all it does is running it by putting an icon in the top bar; the only way I know to scan for networks is clicking on the icon, then on "Wireless Preferences", but this does nothing.

 

How do you scan for available networks?

Edited by ghost8282
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Thank you Chris.

I have no issue with the wifi connection, no problems.

But you are saying that "the scan is done very well by MiniTask USB": here I'm confused...To be clear, by "scan" I mean having a window or something else that shows me available wifi networks, even if I'm not connected to any ssid.

If I click MiniTask USB all it does is running it by putting an icon in the top bar; the only way I know to scan for networks is clicking on the icon, then on "Wireless Preferences", but this does nothing.

 

How do you scan for available networks?

Ha ok now I understand I think the only way would be to correct the Panel to have network available or try to modify WirelessUtility.app 32 bit app from Mediatek

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chris1111 said:

Ha ok now I understand I think the only way would be to correct the Panel to have network available or try to modify WirelessUtility.app 32 bit app from Mediatek

yeah that's what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear.

The panel is a no go: apple doesn't allow to run things within the panel itself.

So I asked for a Wireless utility, but as far as I know all are 32 bit and it's impossible to convert without source code.

I think it's a no go...super angry with the ralink/mediatek/dlink developers....why they abandoned the app and went for the prefpane?Couldn't they convert the app to 64 bit too?if it was, now we had working devices with scan functions...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...