[USB Wifi] Updated Ralink/Mediatek RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572

rodrigocunha
460 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2019 at 10:00 AM, Hervé said:

If it's just a problem of locked system volume (due to default mounting in RO mode), the utility shouldd install if you first re-mount the volume in RW mode:

sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder

Yes, this was the problem .. cheers !!

13 hours ago, speedmeche said:

firstly the driver is installed correctly but stops working so i uninstall it then after reboot when i install it again it says (same driver) that it is not compatible with your mac os Catalina. How does this happen?

Working all day long here no interruption B)

not the fastest wifi network but its work :D Archer T2UH

1770483924_Sanstitre.png.63ca1016f56632a11009b489808195e7.png

Edited by chris1111

It doesn't work for me... it installs fine, it finds networks and I can create profile, connection gets established but it works (or at least it says it works) for a few seconds and then gets disconnected. If and when I see the connection in System Preferences/Network it shows Self-Assigned IP. I tried V1 and V2, the same thing happens.

In previous versions of macOS, my device only worked with BearExtender M24 from this website, which is 32-bit, so I'm stuck. Anything else I could try?

1754954974_Screenshot2019-10-23at12_44_32.png.e026cffa3c296cc4a5981a2f05de40c0.png

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 6:53 PM, Morpheus NS said:

It doesn't work for me... it installs fine, it finds networks and I can create profile, connection gets established but it works (or at least it says it works) for a few seconds and then gets disconnected. If and when I see the connection in System Preferences/Network it shows Self-Assigned IP. I tried V1 and V2, the same thing happens.

In previous versions of macOS, my device only worked with BearExtender M24 from this website, which is 32-bit, so I'm stuck. Anything else I could try?

1754954974_Screenshot2019-10-23at12_44_32.png.e026cffa3c296cc4a5981a2f05de40c0.png

We have the same hardware id and I experienced the same thing before. Mine even connects at first but doesn't set the proper IP address from my router and gets stuck in 169.254....

Then I tried changing my router's 2.4 Ghz channel to 1, lo an behold it is stable like in it was in Mojave. Please try that and hope it works for you. I haven't tried other Wifi channels yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@chris1111

hey, boss. I am using a USB wifi adapter with RT2870, with Product ID 0x4106 and Vendor ID 0x2717. I have added the item into the kext and successfully load it by my customized kext.

However, the configuration panel allowed me to connect to my home wifi, but it lost connection in 5 seconds and can't connect again...if i unplug my wifi adapter and replug in, the panel can allow me to connect again, but lose connection very quickly.

Is the panel configuration related to product ID or vendor ID? i can't figure out why this happens...

even if i rename and put my old dated driver kext into the s/l/e when i was using in 10.9, problem is the same. that one worked great in 10.9...

any idea? thanks in advance!

IMG_20200308_232619.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 7:46 AM, Janver said:

We have the same hardware id and I experienced the same thing before. Mine even connects at first but doesn't set the proper IP address from my router and gets stuck in 169.254....

Then I tried changing my router's 2.4 Ghz channel to 1, lo an behold it is stable like in it was in Mojave. Please try that and hope it works for you. I haven't tried other Wifi channels yet.

I have the same exact problem did you manage to resolve this issue?

On 3/9/2020 at 9:09 AM, dlhxr said:

@chris1111

hey, boss. I am using a USB wifi adapter with RT2870, with Product ID 0x4106 and Vendor ID 0x2717. I have added the item into the kext and successfully load it by my customized kext.

However, the configuration panel allowed me to connect to my home wifi, but it lost connection in 5 seconds and can't connect again...if i unplug my wifi adapter and replug in, the panel can allow me to connect again, but lose connection very quickly.

Is the panel configuration related to product ID or vendor ID? i can't figure out why this happens...

even if i rename and put my old dated driver kext into the s/l/e when i was using in 10.9, problem is the same. that one worked great in 10.9...

any idea? thanks in advance!

IMG_20200308_232619.jpg

Did you manage to fix the problem?

On 11/1/2019 at 3:16 AM, Janver said:

This doesn't work for me. In fact, my router doesn't have channel 1 and other channels don't work.

@chris1111 can you please add support for 148f:7601 in this driver https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover so we can try that instead? Unless it's not possible in which case we are stuck 

I have a TP-Link TL-WN727N V4

• 3 weeks later...

I too have a 148f:7601 which I got close to working. Using Catalina 10.15.4 just fine. Installed as described and got the connection and then disconnect thing. Changing channels on router stopped disconnecting. Put router back to Auto and moved my Wifi adapter to a different USB port and connection is solid. However, Network preferences keeps showing Self-Assigned IP. Once, it magically connected but never could reach the internet. 

Can you mix Wireless USB Adapter Clover with the driver that comes with the WIFI-Dlink Catalina-Panel-V2 package?

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour Everyone,

I'm on High Sierra 10.13.6 and I've been trying to make my Netgear A6210-100PES working for the past 4/5 hours and no success. I tried almost everything.

I already have a TP-Link WN823n working but I upgraded to the Netgear A6210 which is working OOTB on Windows. 

So far, I've tried : 

- Installing the RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext manually and with EasyKext Pro : not working

- Installing the RtWlanU1827.kext and RtWlanU.kext : not working

- Installing Mediatek Wireless Utility : not working 

- Installing Wireless USB Adapter Clover-V15 : the utility works with the TPLINK adapter but not with the A6210

I noticed something strange after installing the kext RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext with EasyKext Pro and doing the " sudo spctl --master-disable " command.

If the dongle is plugged in the front panel it's detected in System Info but if I plug it to the mounting adapter (the thing shipped with the dongle that supports it, it's in usb3) the dongle isn't showing anymore... My TPLink wn823n works with the mounting support but the dongle isn't a usb3 device. So I'm wondering what went wrong there.

Any help is much appreciated !

Also I noticed this on Amazon: "Compatibilité avec MAC: Non" (https://www.amazon.fr/Netgear-A6210-100PES-AC1200-Vitesse-Encore/dp/B00OT586RQ?th=1) so Is it a new version and this one is not working ? 

Syst Info

A6210:

Product ID: 0x9053

Vendor ID: 0x0846  (NETGEAR, Inc.)

Version: 1.00

Serial Number: 100

Speed: Up to 5 Gb/sec

Manufacturer: NETGEAR

Location ID: 0x14f00000 / 3

Current Available (mA): 900

Current Required (mA): 800

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hi @chris1111!

First of all thank you very much for your packages!

I'm currently using WIFI-Dlink-Catalina-Panel-V2 in my mac os catalina setup and it works good.

I have the alfa awus036nh usb dongle working with the RT2870 kext.

I have another setup with Big Sur beta (hackintosh vm, see my signature for specs) and I noticed that the kext is still working and I can connect to the wifi networks.

I did a "manual install" after expanding the pkg:

sudo mount -uw /
sudo cp -R RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext

sudo cp -R D-LinkUtility /System/Library/StartupItems/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/StartupItems/D-LinkUtility
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/StartupItems/D-LinkUtility

cp -R D-LinkWirelessUtility.prefPane /System/Library/PreferencePanes
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/PreferencePanes/D-LinkWirelessUtility.prefPane
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/PreferencePanes/D-LinkWirelessUtility.prefPane

sudo kextcache -i /

After this I had to open security and privacy and allow permissions.

I don't know if it's a bug in the beta of mac os, or a permission issue or what is happening, but in the system preference panel the wifi d-link doesn't show, but it works because if from the top bar I click on Wireless preferences the panel opens and it is then visible in system preference panel; however if I close the system preference panel and I open again the wifi d-link icon doesn't show.

I saw your latest release for mac os Big Sur, however this doesn't include the RT2870, maybe you can include the kext in that package?So to be able to use that wifi utility with the RT2870 and have all the controls from the top bar, without entering any additional panel from the system preference panel.

If you want to implement it when you have time I'm available for testing.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Hi @chris1111!

First of all thank you very much for your packages!

If you want to implement it when you have time I'm available for testing.

A vm and Officiel BS is not the same on Big Sur you need a lots of thing for installing kext in /SLE you need command for snapshot drive and using kmutil new kernel extensions management

So for now its impossible to me create a Programme for installing in /SLE

Thank you

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

A vm and Officiel BS is not the same on Big Sur you need a lots of thing for installing kext in /SLE you need command for snapshot drive and using kmutil new kernel extensions management

So for now its impossible to me create a Programme for installing in /SLE

Thank you

Thank you for your fast reply!

I also tried to inject the kext at boot with opencore and it works also; I saw that you have a package for oc which does the same by copying the kext in the EFI.

My question however is if it's possible to use the wifi utility in your latest releases for big sur with the RT2870 kext in some way.

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Thank you for your fast reply!

I also tried to inject the kext at boot with opencore and it works also; I saw that you have a package for oc which does the same by copying the kext in the EFI.

My question however is if it's possible to use the wifi utility in your latest releases for big sur with the RT2870 kext in some way.

Thanks!

No its not the same Drivers you have a Mediatek and my latest is for Realtek 802.11n and 802.11ac USB Wi-Fi adapteurs

I just try the D-LinkPrefpane on BS and Error occurs after 3 s Panel closed

Edited by chris1111
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2020 at 3:09 PM, chris1111 said:

I just try the D-LinkPrefpane on BS and Error occurs after 3 s Panel closed

Unfortunately yes :(

With big sur beta 1 the panel was not force closing since all was installed in /System/Library and in beta 1 I was able to use sudo mount -uw /

In beta 2 sudo mount -uw / returns error, a workaround should be to boot into recovery and input some commands but oc is not able (yet) to boot from recovery, so I'm currently stuck.

Interesting is that:

If the prefpane is installed in /Library (as the kext and the wifi utility) icon in system preferences is persistent but force closes

If the prefpane is installed in /System/Library (as the kext and the wifi utility), at least in beta 1, icon in system preferences disappears but the panel works if invoked directly from finder or from the top bar menu

Every year new apple os means a big mess with all usb wifi dongles around...and not only wifi dongles...

• Sad 1