Jump to content

[USB Wifi] Updated Ralink/Mediatek RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572


rodrigocunha
476 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

On 6/5/2019 at 12:43 AM, chris1111 said:

Here my FIX for macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta

WIFI RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext

I am use TP Link Archer T2UH

support Drivers:

RT3572,RT3072,RT3070,RT3573,MT7610,MT7610,MT7610,

RT5370,RT2870,RT3071,RT2770,RT3573,RT5572,RT3573,

RT3573,RT5572,RT3572

 

Follow project ➣ WIFI-Dlink Catalina-Panel

 

 

 

Could you fix this to work on Beta 3?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2019 at 1:43 AM, chris1111 said:

Here my FIX for macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta

WIFI RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext

I am use TP Link Archer T2UH

support Drivers:

RT3572,RT3072,RT3070,RT3573,MT7610,MT7610,MT7610,

RT5370,RT2870,RT3071,RT2770,RT3573,RT5572,RT3573,

RT3573,RT5572,RT3572

 

Follow project ➣ WIFI-Dlink Catalina-Panel

 

 

Thanks Chris for your hard work.

I have an Asus usb n14.

It works now under catalina latest beta.

for those who can't install,use hackintool disable gatekeeper feature.

then you can install without a problem.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I also thank you for all your work, Chris. I just made my first Hackintosh using an HP8300 USDT to replace an old Mac Mini. We use it in our living room and connect it to a large screen TV so Wifi and Bluetooth are very important to us. (it's running Mojave - 10.14.2)

 

I'm using your USB Wireless Utility for Clover (v7) and my wifi adapter is this dual-band EDUP model (Realtek RTL8811AU - about $13 on Amazon). It's working very well. The only problem I have is when the machine wakes from sleep to record some Live TV via an HDHomerun device that is on our network. If the Wifi connection breaks when the machine wakes up then the recording fails. (I do have "wake for network access" unchecked)

 

If I try the (beta) Wireless Utility PrefPane instead, can I solve the "disconnect after waking" problem by only having one Network (or one Profile) listed and making a new Location for Wifi in Network Preferences ? Would that make things more stable after waking from sleep ? Or does that only work if you are using an actual internal Broadcom wifi card ?

Edited by bobmn1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bobmn1 said:

I also thank you for all your work, Chris. I just made my first Hackintosh using an HP8300 USDT to replace an old Mac Mini. We use it in our living room and connect it to a large screen TV so Wifi and Bluetooth are very important to us. (it's running Mojave - 10.14.2)

 

I'm using your USB Wireless Utility for Clover (v7) and my wifi adapter is this dual-band EDUP model (Realtek RTL8811AU - about $13 on Amazon). It's working very well. The only problem I have is when the machine wakes from sleep to record some Live TV via an HDHomerun device that is on our network. If the Wifi connection breaks when the machine wakes up then the recording fails. (I do have "wake for network access" unchecked)

 

If I try the (beta) Wireless Utility PrefPane instead, can I solve the "disconnect after waking" problem by only having one Network (or one Profile) listed and making a new Location for Wifi in Network Preferences ? Would that make things more stable after waking from sleep ? Or does that only work if you are using an actual internal Broadcom wifi card ?

Thanks @bobmn1

 

I think thats working much more better with an internal Broadcom wifi card 

Maybe All things are more stable after waking up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Thanks @bobmn1

 

I think thats working much more better with an internal Broadcom wifi card 

Maybe All things are more stable after waking up

 

I did some testing last night. The USB Wifi seems to reset quite well if I use AppleScript to close "StatusBarApp" and then use "open -a" to reopen it. So maybe if I have a WLAN Profile plist in place with only 1 network and I can add a script to any "wake" event then I could make sure the connection is reset properly after sleep. I think somebody wrote a daemon called "Sleepwatcher" that can trigger a script to run when a power event occurs. So maybe I will try something like that.

 

Bob

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, bobmn1 said:

 

I did some testing last night. The USB Wifi seems to reset quite well if I use AppleScript to close "StatusBarApp" and then use "open -a" to reopen it. So maybe if I have a WLAN Profile plist in place with only 1 network and I can add a script to any "wake" event then I could make sure the connection is reset properly after sleep. I think somebody wrote a daemon called "Sleepwatcher" that can trigger a script to run when a power event occurs. So maybe I will try something like that.

 

Bob

I tried writing a script that stops the "StatusBarApp" and then starts it again. I do see the Network list come up but it doesn't automatically connect to the one in the Plist file and most times I can't connect manually either. I have to actually restart the machine to get a successful connection. I also tried using "launchctl" to stop and start Wlan.Software but that didn't work either. 

 

I saw that somebody with AirPort could just do this:

/usr/sbin/networksetup setairportpower en0 off

and then this

/usr/sbin/networksetup setairportpower en0 on

 

"networksetup -listallhardwareports" showed that my wifi dongle was "en3" ; maybe I just need to find the correct "networksetup" commands

 

There must be some way to do this - I just haven't found it yet.

 

(OR - maybe I will just buy a Wifi Extender with an Ethernet port and connect that way - they are not very expensive)

 

Bob

Edited by bobmn1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello! I've just updated Mac OS from 10.14.3 to 10.14.6 and my Wi-Fi stopped working. I'm using a cheap USB wifi adapter with RT5370. 

 

The thing is that in the Utility it says that I'm connected but in my Network configuration it says "Self-Assigned IP" and its giving me a very strange IP Adress . I've tried manually configuring IPv4 and it says "Connected" but I can't really access to internet. I've also checked the router page from another computer and I can see the Hackintosh connected (with the correct MAC address) but no IP assigned to it. I really don't understand...

 

Thanks you in advance!

 

I also tried some of @chris1111 apps and could't make it work

 

Some ideas?

Edited by mfortuna
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2019 at 7:22 AM, bobmn1 said:

I tried writing a script that stops the "StatusBarApp" and then starts it again. I do see the Network list come up but it doesn't automatically connect to the one in the Plist file and most times I can't connect manually either. I have to actually restart the machine to get a successful connection. I also tried using "launchctl" to stop and start Wlan.Software but that didn't work either. 

 

I saw that somebody with AirPort could just do this:

/usr/sbin/networksetup setairportpower en0 off

and then this

/usr/sbin/networksetup setairportpower en0 on

 

"networksetup -listallhardwareports" showed that my wifi dongle was "en3" ; maybe I just need to find the correct "networksetup" commands

 

There must be some way to do this - I just haven't found it yet.

 

(OR - maybe I will just buy a Wifi Extender with an Ethernet port and connect that way - they are not very expensive)

 

Bob

I kept trying different things but nothing worked the way I wanted. So I bought a $20 refurbished AC1200 Range Extender (TP-Link) at a computer store and connected it to my Hackintosh via Ethernet. Wow - this is *so* much better. I have a totally stable connection - no problem at all with Sleep/Wake. And the speed is better too. So I think I'll keep this and not use the USB Wifi dongle. But I do still really appreciate all the work Chris (and others) have done. If I didn't need to worry about Sleep/Wake I think it would have been fine.

 

Bob

Edited by bobmn1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

 

I'd been using wireless utility + RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext for almost 2 yrs without any minor problems (On High sierra/sierra)

 

But for the last two months it has started annoying me by weird behaviours! Sometimes it won't find anything. Sometimes it finds but won't connect. sometimes it connects but it WON't GET AN IP (consequently I got Self-assigned IP) and sometimes if finds and connects properly (5% of attempts only, & purely randomly). I tried almost all other kexts and modified Utilities. I'm really fed up..

 

I hope someone here do a favour and come along to find and fix that crazy problem..

 

Product ID: 0x7601

Vendor ID: 0x148f

 

Edited by mineworld
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2017 at 11:24 PM, chris1111 said:

Here Installer for macOS High Sierra user with Clover UEFI or ESP ➤ WIFI Network macOS High Sierra

Working perfect in my Archer T2UH

 

Works in HFS+J Volumes or APFS Volumes

Follow all steps in the Packages, SIP need to be disable and also Gtaekkeper for using that.

Support Driver: 

RT2870,RT2770,RT3070,RT3170,RT3072,RT3370,RT3572,RT3573,

RT5370,RT5372,RT5572,MT7610,MT7612,MT7650,MT7662,MT8070,RT9707

It's working but I'm not able to connect to any open network.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/5/2019 at 5:43 AM, chris1111 said:

Here my FIX for macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta

WIFI RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext

I am use TP Link Archer T2UH

support Drivers:

RT3572,RT3072,RT3070,RT3573,MT7610,MT7610,MT7610,

RT5370,RT2870,RT3071,RT2770,RT3573,RT5572,RT3573,

RT3573,RT5572,RT3572

 

Follow project ➣ WIFI-Dlink Catalina-Panel

 

 

I can not make it working on Catalina offcial. Please fix it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems a problem with the Wireless Utility install on Catalina final ... 

 

The package is trying to install content to the system volume. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

 

Either that or i missed something ... 

 

Cheers

Cass

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it's just a problem of locked system volume (due to default mounting in RO mode), the utility should install if you first re-mount the volume in RW mode:

sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder

 

Edited by Hervé
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2019 at 4:00 PM, Hervé said:

If it's just a problem of locked system volume (due to default mounting in RO mode), the utility shouldd install if you first re-mount the volume in RW mode:


sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder

 

Yup, after I disable SIP, my USB wifi woking but it only scan Wifi (can not connect) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2019 at 10:00 AM, Hervé said:

If it's just a problem of locked system volume (due to default mounting in RO mode), the utility shouldd install if you first re-mount the volume in RW mode:


sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder

Yes, this was the problem .. cheers !!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, speedmeche said:

firstly the driver is installed correctly but stops working so i uninstall it then after reboot when i install it again it says (same driver) that it is not compatible with your mac os Catalina. How does this happen?

Working all day long here no interruption B)

not the fastest wifi network but its work :D Archer T2UH

 

1770483924_Sanstitre.png.63ca1016f56632a11009b489808195e7.png

Edited by chris1111
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...