Jump to content

[USB Wifi] Updated Ralink/Mediatek RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572


rodrigocunha
476 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

It doesn't work for me... it installs fine, it finds networks and I can create profile, connection gets established but it works (or at least it says it works) for a few seconds and then gets disconnected. If and when I see the connection in System Preferences/Network it shows Self-Assigned IP. I tried V1 and V2, the same thing happens.

 

In previous versions of macOS, my device only worked with BearExtender M24 from this website, which is 32-bit, so I'm stuck. Anything else I could try?

 

1754954974_Screenshot2019-10-23at12_44_32.png.e026cffa3c296cc4a5981a2f05de40c0.png

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 6:53 PM, Morpheus NS said:

It doesn't work for me... it installs fine, it finds networks and I can create profile, connection gets established but it works (or at least it says it works) for a few seconds and then gets disconnected. If and when I see the connection in System Preferences/Network it shows Self-Assigned IP. I tried V1 and V2, the same thing happens.

 

In previous versions of macOS, my device only worked with BearExtender M24 from this website, which is 32-bit, so I'm stuck. Anything else I could try?

 

1754954974_Screenshot2019-10-23at12_44_32.png.e026cffa3c296cc4a5981a2f05de40c0.png

 

 

We have the same hardware id and I experienced the same thing before. Mine even connects at first but doesn't set the proper IP address from my router and gets stuck in 169.254....

 

Then I tried changing my router's 2.4 Ghz channel to 1, lo an behold it is stable like in it was in Mojave. Please try that and hope it works for you. I haven't tried other Wifi channels yet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@chris1111

hey, boss. I am using a USB wifi adapter with RT2870, with Product ID 0x4106 and Vendor ID 0x2717. I have added the item into the kext and successfully load it by my customized kext.

However, the configuration panel allowed me to connect to my home wifi, but it lost connection in 5 seconds and can't connect again...if i unplug my wifi adapter and replug in, the panel can allow me to connect again, but lose connection very quickly.

Is the panel configuration related to product ID or vendor ID? i can't figure out why this happens...

 

even if i rename and put my old dated driver kext into the s/l/e when i was using in 10.9, problem is the same. that one worked great in 10.9...

any idea? thanks in advance!

IMG_20200308_232619.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 7:46 AM, Janver said:

 

We have the same hardware id and I experienced the same thing before. Mine even connects at first but doesn't set the proper IP address from my router and gets stuck in 169.254....

 

Then I tried changing my router's 2.4 Ghz channel to 1, lo an behold it is stable like in it was in Mojave. Please try that and hope it works for you. I haven't tried other Wifi channels yet.

I have the same exact problem did you manage to resolve this issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2020 at 9:09 AM, dlhxr said:

@chris1111

hey, boss. I am using a USB wifi adapter with RT2870, with Product ID 0x4106 and Vendor ID 0x2717. I have added the item into the kext and successfully load it by my customized kext.

However, the configuration panel allowed me to connect to my home wifi, but it lost connection in 5 seconds and can't connect again...if i unplug my wifi adapter and replug in, the panel can allow me to connect again, but lose connection very quickly.

Is the panel configuration related to product ID or vendor ID? i can't figure out why this happens...

 

even if i rename and put my old dated driver kext into the s/l/e when i was using in 10.9, problem is the same. that one worked great in 10.9...

any idea? thanks in advance!

IMG_20200308_232619.jpg

Did you manage to fix the problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/1/2019 at 3:16 AM, Janver said:

 

We have the same hardware id and I experienced the same thing before. Mine even connects at first but doesn't set the proper IP address from my router and gets stuck in 169.254....

 

Then I tried changing my router's 2.4 Ghz channel to 1, lo an behold it is stable like in it was in Mojave. Please try that and hope it works for you. I haven't tried other Wifi channels yet.

This doesn't work for me. In fact, my router doesn't have channel 1 and other channels don't work.

@chris1111 can you please add support for 148f:7601 in this driver https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover so we can try that instead? Unless it's not possible in which case we are stuck 

I have a TP-Link TL-WN727N V4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I too have a 148f:7601 which I got close to working. Using Catalina 10.15.4 just fine. Installed as described and got the connection and then disconnect thing. Changing channels on router stopped disconnecting. Put router back to Auto and moved my Wifi adapter to a different USB port and connection is solid. However, Network preferences keeps showing Self-Assigned IP. Once, it magically connected but never could reach the internet. 

Can you mix Wireless USB Adapter Clover with the driver that comes with the WIFI-Dlink Catalina-Panel-V2 package?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Bonjour Everyone,

 

I'm on High Sierra 10.13.6 and I've been trying to make my Netgear A6210-100PES working for the past 4/5 hours and no success. I tried almost everything.

 

I already have a TP-Link WN823n working but I upgraded to the Netgear A6210 which is working OOTB on Windows. 

 

So far, I've tried : 

 

- Installing the RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext manually and with EasyKext Pro : not working

- Installing the RtWlanU1827.kext and RtWlanU.kext : not working

- Installing Mediatek Wireless Utility : not working 

- Installing Wireless USB Adapter Clover-V15 : the utility works with the TPLINK adapter but not with the A6210

 

I noticed something strange after installing the kext RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext with EasyKext Pro and doing the " sudo spctl --master-disable " command.

If the dongle is plugged in the front panel it's detected in System Info but if I plug it to the mounting adapter (the thing shipped with the dongle that supports it, it's in usb3) the dongle isn't showing anymore... My TPLink wn823n works with the mounting support but the dongle isn't a usb3 device. So I'm wondering what went wrong there.

 

Any help is much appreciated !

 

Also I noticed this on Amazon: "Compatibilité avec MAC: Non" (https://www.amazon.fr/Netgear-A6210-100PES-AC1200-Vitesse-Encore/dp/B00OT586RQ?th=1) so Is it a new version and this one is not working ? 

 

Syst Info

A6210:

 

  Product ID: 0x9053

  Vendor ID: 0x0846  (NETGEAR, Inc.)

  Version: 1.00

  Serial Number: 100

  Speed: Up to 5 Gb/sec

  Manufacturer: NETGEAR

  Location ID: 0x14f00000 / 3

  Current Available (mA): 900

  Current Required (mA): 800

  Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

 

 

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi @chris1111!

First of all thank you very much for your packages!

I'm currently using WIFI-Dlink-Catalina-Panel-V2 in my mac os catalina setup and it works good.

I have the alfa awus036nh usb dongle working with the RT2870 kext.

I have another setup with Big Sur beta (hackintosh vm, see my signature for specs) and I noticed that the kext is still working and I can connect to the wifi networks.

I did a "manual install" after expanding the pkg:

sudo mount -uw /
sudo cp -R RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext

sudo cp -R D-LinkUtility /System/Library/StartupItems/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/StartupItems/D-LinkUtility
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/StartupItems/D-LinkUtility

cp -R D-LinkWirelessUtility.prefPane /System/Library/PreferencePanes
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/PreferencePanes/D-LinkWirelessUtility.prefPane
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/PreferencePanes/D-LinkWirelessUtility.prefPane

sudo kextcache -i /

After this I had to open security and privacy and allow permissions.

I don't know if it's a bug in the beta of mac os, or a permission issue or what is happening, but in the system preference panel the wifi d-link doesn't show, but it works because if from the top bar I click on Wireless preferences the panel opens and it is then visible in system preference panel; however if I close the system preference panel and I open again the wifi d-link icon doesn't show.

 

I saw your latest release for mac os Big Sur, however this doesn't include the RT2870, maybe you can include the kext in that package?So to be able to use that wifi utility with the RT2870 and have all the controls from the top bar, without entering any additional panel from the system preference panel.

 

If you want to implement it when you have time I'm available for testing.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Hi @chris1111!

First of all thank you very much for your packages!

If you want to implement it when you have time I'm available for testing.

A vm and Officiel BS is not the same on Big Sur you need a lots of thing for installing kext in /SLE you need command for snapshot drive and using kmutil new kernel extensions management

So for now its impossible to me create a Programme for installing in /SLE

Thank you

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

A vm and Officiel BS is not the same on Big Sur you need a lots of thing for installing kext in /SLE you need command for snapshot drive and using kmutil new kernel extensions management

So for now its impossible to me create a Programme for installing in /SLE

Thank you

 

Thank you for your fast reply!

I also tried to inject the kext at boot with opencore and it works also; I saw that you have a package for oc which does the same by copying the kext in the EFI.

My question however is if it's possible to use the wifi utility in your latest releases for big sur with the RT2870 kext in some way.

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, ghost8282 said:

Thank you for your fast reply!

I also tried to inject the kext at boot with opencore and it works also; I saw that you have a package for oc which does the same by copying the kext in the EFI.

My question however is if it's possible to use the wifi utility in your latest releases for big sur with the RT2870 kext in some way.

 

Thanks!

No its not the same Drivers you have a Mediatek and my latest is for Realtek 802.11n and 802.11ac USB Wi-Fi adapteurs

 

I just try the D-LinkPrefpane on BS and Error occurs after 3 s Panel closed

Edited by chris1111
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2020 at 3:09 PM, chris1111 said:

I just try the D-LinkPrefpane on BS and Error occurs after 3 s Panel closed

 

Unfortunately yes :(

With big sur beta 1 the panel was not force closing since all was installed in /System/Library and in beta 1 I was able to use sudo mount -uw /

In beta 2 sudo mount -uw / returns error, a workaround should be to boot into recovery and input some commands but oc is not able (yet) to boot from recovery, so I'm currently stuck.

 

Interesting is that:

If the prefpane is installed in /Library (as the kext and the wifi utility) icon in system preferences is persistent but force closes

If the prefpane is installed in /System/Library (as the kext and the wifi utility), at least in beta 1, icon in system preferences disappears but the panel works if invoked directly from finder or from the top bar menu

 

Every year new apple os means a big mess with all usb wifi dongles around...and not only wifi dongles...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found out a (bad) way to enable r/w on / in Big Sur and be able to make the WIFI-Dlink-Catalina-Panel-V2 work in Big Sur (beta 1 and beta 2).

 

Short story:

During mac os installation, after booting from Preboot, force a shutdown as soon as you read "Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.restricted-block-devices".

Then reboot to boot from your mac os volume and "sudo mount -uw /" will give no error.

 

I don't know in details what Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.restricted-block-devices does in details, because csrutil authenticated-root status returns "enabled"; SIP is disabled (ZwAAAA==).

 

Long story:

When I installed the first time Big Sur beta 1, after booting from Preboot it seemed it was hanging at "Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.restricted-block-devices"; so I forced a shutdown, rebooted and booted from the mac os disk; everything seemed ok; I then tried to manually install the WIFI-Dlink-Catalina-Panel-V2 and the wifi worked (note that the files must be written in /System/Library to work correctly) --> this means mount / with r/w permissions with command "sudo mount -uw /".

I then did a clean install of Big Sur beta 2: this time I waited 10-15+ minutes when it seemed to hang at "Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.restricted-block-devices"; in fact it wasn't hanging!

Once booted into the os I then tried to install WIFI-Dlink-Catalina-Panel-V2, but this time command "sudo mount -uw /" returned an error: permission denied, failed with 66.

I tried to set csr-active-config in bootloader to /w8AAA== (FF0F0000 <-- Dortania guide updated for Big Sur) with no luck.

Then, I was able to boot into recovery with opencore by setting JumpstartHotPlug to true (thank to Pavo for the tip), however command "csrutil authenticated-root disable" from the recovery returned "csrutil: Failed to disable the authenticated root setting. This tool needs to be executed from the Recovery OS." (??????DAMN!!!I'M IN RECOVERY!!WHAT'S WRONG???).

So dead end...Untill I realized that "permission denied, failed with 66" was there also in beta 1 (I read some comments from users about it) and so I though, let's try to reinstall beta 2 and force a shutdown at "Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.restricted-block-devices" as I did in beta 1: bingo that worked and "sudo mount -uw /" works as in Catalina.

 

I don't know at all why it works, but at least wifi works again...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

@chris1111 Hi,
I'm trying to install https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-Ralink-Panel-Utility

My hackintosh is running 10.15.4 (which is supported by your program)

USB wifi: Ralink using MT7601U. (Driver succesfully, MAC show up)

SIP and Gatekeeper are disabled.

 

I could install the program successfully, but after the reset, the program could not open. It just starts for some seconds and automatically quits.

It also makes its in 2 icons: Ralink Wireless Utility and Dock Activate.

When I plug the USB Wifi in and turn on Utility, all the system crashed.

 

Is there anything I could do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sh0rtcut said:

@chris1111 Hi,
I'm trying to install https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-Ralink-Panel-Utility

My hackintosh is running 10.15.4 (which is supported by your program)

USB wifi: Ralink using MT7601U. (Driver succesfully, MAC show up)

SIP and Gatekeeper are disabled.

 

I could install the program successfully, but after the reset, the program could not open. It just starts for some seconds and automatically quits.

It also makes its in 2 icons: Ralink Wireless Utility and Dock Activate.

When I plug the USB Wifi in and turn on Utility, all the system crashed.

 

Is there anything I could do?

MT7601U is support only in Linux

https://www.mediatek.com/products/broadbandWifi/mt7601u

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sh0rtcut said:

Thank you for your confirm.
But without USB wifi, I could not even start the Ralink Wireless Utility.

How to open that?

Thanks

Of course you need Support device to open it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2020 at 8:44 PM, chris1111 said:

Of course you need Support device to open it

Hello,
I have installed new driver and the software recognized my USB Wifi.

Wireless Utility could run in the top bar constantly.

But when everytime I click to open Utility, it starts then closes with error

image.png.0a632d761cf20c20435fcf8a22eca3a4.png

 

Any chance to fix this?

Thank you.

Edited by sh0rtcut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 4:08 PM, adamantinum said:

Is there any news about how make these adapters work on Big Sur?

The only way I found with my mediatek RT2870 is to:

1- break the seal (disable csrutil and authenticated root)

2- delete existing snapshot(s) and tag an empty one to be able to boot

3- inject the kext with opencore (not needed if you are able to load the kext from /S/L/E..I don't know why but from beta 6 I'm not anymore able to load from that path at boot..)

4- mount / in read/write (-uw)

5- copy manually kext in /S/L/E, utility in /S/L/StartupItems, prefpane in /S/L/PreferencePanes and assign proper permissions

6- kextload the kext in /S/L/E so to be able to give permissions to Mediadtek in system pref pane / security and privacy / general

 

NB: copying the kext in /S/L/E is needed otherwise the D-link pane will force exit

NB2: D-link pane is hidden if you start system pref pane, but it is accessible from the top bar menu, once started it will be visible also in system pref pane

 

Spoiler

Files/Settings:

1.thumb.png.d7a8866b7b2f76cb5038aa072c8a3a85.png

 

D-link pref pane in big sur beta 6

2.thumb.png.307a85c8724aeead3415b03c928109c9.png

 

How to start D-link pref pane

3.png.3109f42f75a3d4545d93585434379b32.png

 

D-link pref pane visible after starting from top bar

4.png.4e54912b4d8b4a4140c2ecb9d25ae3ce.png

 

D-link pref pane not visible when starting system pref pane

5.png.d3e77473c1860992f397de183bd9252c.png

 

Edited by ghost8282
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...