10.10 vanilla Bootable Usb Guide

40 posts in this topic

that seems to be a issue with most lower end mice

Mmm it seems so. I guess its a bug as the lads here said before because when i remove the microsoft usb wireless the trackpad works like a charm.

Thanks anyway

P.S: Does Appstore Sign in with Apple ID works? I gave it a try but i am getting an error verification message

Mmm it seems so. I guess its a bug as the lads here said before because when i remove the microsoft usb wireless the trackpad works like a charm.

Thanks anyway

P.S: Does Appstore Sign in with Apple ID works? I gave it a try but i am getting an error verification message

if you follow the imessage fix it will fix the entire system for app store and ibooks and so on 

if you follow the imessage fix it will fix the entire system for app store and ibooks and so on

Sorry mate don't know where to.Do you have a link ?

My ML filenvram.dylib doesn't seem to work,actually it effects the bootloader in an unknown way.The system hangs on boot.

@iceage2609,

If you're using Clover, it uses a different method of handling NVRAM to filenvram.dylib.

Since RC scripts have been deprecated in Yosemite, saving it on the hard drive as NVRAM.plist (a hidden file) stopped working.  @nyolc8 has a temporary workaround until Clover gets updated.

If you're using the latest patched Chameleon for Yosemite, I'm not sure whether filenvram.dylib works or not....maybe have a look at @rampagedev's guide?

@iceage2609,

If you're using Clover, it uses a different method of handling NVRAM to filenvram.dylib.

Since RC scripts have been deprecated in Yosemite, saving it on the hard drive as NVRAM.plist (a hidden file) stopped working. @nyolc8 has a temporary workaround until Clover gets updated.

If you're using the latest patched Chameleon for Yosemite, I'm not sure whether filenvram.dylib works or not....maybe have a look at @rampagedev's guide?

Thanks,

I am using Chameleon so i will have a look at rampagedev's guide although i am not sure it works for my system on yosemite.

Yesterday i tried to copy my ML Filenvram.dilyb to /e/e/modules and the plist as well but hangs on booth.

Now to another issue,Everytime the system boot up why do i have to press enter in the chameleon lockscreen to get into yosemite partition to boot and it does not autoboot as always?

The only kernel flag i have is the path to kernel and the usekernecache =no.

Now to another issue,Everytime the system boot up why do i have to press enter in the chameleon lockscreen to get into yosemite partition to boot and it does not autoboot as always?

The only kernel flag i have is the path to kernel and the usekernecache =no.

@iceage2609,

Try adding a timeout value +/- default partition to your Boot.plist.

Edit

Don't forget to delete "Instant Menu" from the Boot.plist as well....

<key>Instant Menu</key> <---delete
<string>Yes</string>    <---delete

When you set a timeout value to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist using Chameleon Wizard, it will automatically delete the instant menu ---> restores the boot countdown:

post-846696-0-93685200-1402660314_thumb.

Also if you want to boot with caches, a few extra steps are required:

Apple has changed the compression used for the kernelcache from lzss to lzvn.  You can change it back so that Chameleon can utilize the KC by editing the file /usr/standalone/bootcaches.plist

<key>Preferred Compression</key>
<string>lzss</string>

then run the following command in terminal

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel

and you can remove the -f from kernel flags, leaving this in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v kext-dev-mode=1</string>
  • Like 1

@iceage2609,

Try adding a timeout value & default partition to your Boot.plist.

Add both of them...pfff nope. No enter press key,no boot to yosemite drive unfortunately.

Thanks anyway.Don't know what else to try.

So for me with the latest chameleon i am booting fine with no kernel flags at all (like -f -v etc)

Only the kernel path and usekernelcache=no

Nvidia GTX 285 autoshown in about this mac fully functional GraphicsEnabler=yes

Ethernet ok

Sound ok with Voodoohda

Bluetooth Ok

CPU ok

No icloud/facetime/imessage/Appstore (error in Activation/not this time/error in confirming etc) Nvram hangs my boot everytime i add the dilyb in modules.

Usb runaway issue but as soon as i remove it from usb trackpad works like a charm.

So much done andong way to go in next loaders/betas i guess

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am trying to install beta version of Yosemite on a H87N-wifi.

I received an error message during the Clover installation.

-> Removing Packages symlink and copying extra files...

Volume OS X Install ESD on disk2s2 unmounted

==> Installing Clover...

-> Mounting EFI on USB drive...

mount_msdos: /dev/disk3s1: Resource busy

The /ESD mount point was created successfully but it failed trying to mount the partition on it.

sudo mount -t msdos "$drivedev" /Volumes/ESD

Password:

mount_msdos: s1: No such file or directory

I have initialize the variable my self

echo $targetdrive

USB

drivedev=$(mount | grep $targetdrive | grep -oE '/dev/disk[^ ]')s1

echo $drivedev 

s1

But the result is the same, I cannot mount the partition.
I am not sure what should be the partition name, but "s1" seems wrong to me. Something wrong with the "grep -oE..."?
I red something about Clover and ms-dos. Should I reformat the /ESD partition?
I am a bit lost, anyone to help me?
Thanks

df

Filesystem    512-blocks      Used Available Capacity   iused    ifree %iused  Mounted on

/dev/disk0s2   233769824 118461288 114796536    51%  14871659 14349567   51%   /

devfs                379       379         0   100%       656        0  100%   /dev

/dev/disk1s1   976773160 828048576 148724584    85% 103506070 18590573   85%   /Volumes/Data

map -hosts             0         0         0   100%         0        0  100%   /net

map auto_home          0         0         0   100%         0        0  100%   /home

/dev/disk3s1      403266     14887    388379     4%         0        0  100%   /Volumes/ESP

/dev/disk3s2    14556368  12402576   2153792    86%   1550320   269224   85%   /Volumes/OS X Base System

P.S. : Is it not /dev/disk3s1 which should be mounted? If yes, then it is normal that it does not work (busy). Should I unmount /Volumes/ESP and mount the disk3s1 with the other mount point (/ESD)?

Thanks

Ii is working (unmounting the /ESP and mounting /ESD instead). I have installed Clover and renamed the key to "USB".

I was able to reach the installation menu of Yosemite only using " -v" flag. (I have not discover how to reach the icons present in the Clover menu) 

Before I continue, I would like to know if there is anything else I should do before starting installation (kexts, boot.plist, SMbios,...).

My Specs are : H87N-Wifi (rev 2.0) - I3 4340 - HD 4600 - 8GB ram (2X4) XMS - Kingston 120 GB SSD.

Thanks

Hello

Guide to create a usb installer: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4632&sid=28d0e6fa257c99dbf8b37a3834d06b3a

Use Clover... Chameleon has many problems yet to create usb...

Thank you for the answer.

I have almost finish the installation. I am looking for post installation procedure for a H87N-Wifi.

Do you know which version of clover to use and how to make sure it is installed properly?

• 1 month later...

@WarDoctor

Please a give me your files.My PC restart after while min and always same message.

Like this:

com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2(156.0)[96D7333E-1202-3391-AA4E-6707AE2678AB]@0xffffff7f81cf1000->0xffffff7f81d6bfff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[021B9DF9-5931-3092-A611-47A1937BD3B4]@0xffffff7f80b24000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.4.1)[4557FEB1-E413-32E2-807E-DF6578DB647B]@0xffffff7f80dfc000

Please help me and post your EFI folder.

Thanks in advanced!!!!

• 1 month later...

Thankyou for your guide. I tried your method and I was able to create the bootable USB for Yosemite Beta 4 but no matter what I try I get stucj at PCI configuration begin. I tried npci=0x3000 and npci=0x2000 with no results. My system is GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with 16 gb RAM and running Mavericks without any problems with Chameleon. Please, see if anyone can help me get to the install screen. Thanks in advance