Boot Guide

Scellow

132 posts in this topic

Nothing updates whatever I type/enter, it just hangs up and then "missing bluetooth controller transport" appeared, that's all.

unplug and then plug in again from usb port after showin IOBluetooth

it was worked for me.

but after processing FakeSMC, my computer always reboot

removing graphic kext from USB installer

booting using -v -x -f -s kext-dev-mode=1

lading FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext then exit.

now getting light grey screen and then change to dark grey screen and nothin load.

the cursor is not showing spinning beach ball  :(

Which your graphic card.GeForce or AMD?

it's AMD.

boom... its working now.

1. unplug ethernet cable

2. booting using -v -x -s kext-dev-mode=1

3. unplug and replug usb keyboard when hang reaching the bash

4. loading FakeSMC.kext then exit

5. boom..... getting to installer menu 

Nice.I try after my work.

Good luck ekica,

i think unplug all unimportant hardware and using additional boot flag -x (safe mode) maybe be helpful to reach installation menu

Ok I have a this problem:

After this command my PC restart every time,but I don't no why:

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
chmod -R 775 /kexts/FakeSMC.kext
chown -R root:wheel /kexts/FakeSMC.kext
cp -R /kexts/FakeSMC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
exit

Please help.My configuration look in signature.

Thank's.

I have the same board and video card. What did you do to get it working? I'm getting a p-stepper error...

See my post here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/298402-OS-X-Yosemite-DP's-builds!#entry2025472

I installed it via my mbp because I didn't have any intention of trying it on my hack originally. Did you get it to install? Do you have any kexts related to speedstep that you use?

Fwiw I'm on uefi beta bios and I have an ssdt that I created with ssdtprgen, I'm using the MP3,1 smbios. Clover is booting in uefi mode from my mavericks hd. I can post my config.plist in a bit if you like.

For those of you having keyboard problems, I had the same issue, except mine was plugged into a 2.0 port. It worked in the clover menu but not in single user mode. I plugged an apple keyboard in to do that and it worked fine. After that my regular keyboard worked without any problems. Try that if possible and maybe try playing with USB legacy support and some other USB settings in the bios.

it's AMD.

boom... its working now.

1. unplug ethernet cable

2. booting using -v -x -s kext-dev-mode=1

3. unplug and replug usb keyboard when hang reaching the bash

4. loading FakeSMC.kext then exit

5. boom..... getting to installer menu 

Which command you use?

I have tried every single option, and i don't know what could cause it to hang. USB stops working, im not sure if its EHCI/XHCI or something, i can't even get to bash to load kexts or anything. Does anyone have any idea?

post-238389-0-68236300-1402006314_thumb.jpg

I booted the same drive on my X202E, for some reason it had glitchy distorted graphics during boot but after it got to the login screen it was fine. Oh, and my touchscreen works natively without any drivers!

I have tried every single option, and i don't know what could cause it to hang. USB stops working, im not sure if its EHCI/XHCI or something, i can't even get to bash to load kexts or anything. Does anyone have any idea?

Hi, i'm having the same issues and no idea what to do next.

I can only assume your keyboard isn't working lol cuz mine does the exact same thing, it's just log messaged rolling over into the bash command line, but as soon as I hit enter, I get a new bash prompt. Try a different keyboard? I have no idea.

I know my keyboard won't work in a USB 3.0 port with clover....?

Sorry you have a same problem.How to fix your proble via graphic card.I had to to clear my NVDA kext to started instalation.After delete I install Yosemite but my graphic no working Ok.Do you have a kext for GeForce graphic.Look my signature.

Oh ok! Thanks! I don't know why my mind was telling me it had to be more complex than that :huh:

Edit: Still getting the "can't find mach_kernel" but it was worth a shot!

Oh, I forgot to mention... Not only do you have to copy the "cloverX64.efi" file to EFI/Clover/ (the root of that folder)

You also have to copy it again to EFI/BOOT/

And rename it to "BOOTX64.EFI" this IS case sensitive I believe, so make sure you capslock! Hope that helps, sorry... This is what happens when I post too quickly, with my focus split in a billion other directions. Lol. Try that and let me know if you still have the "can't find mach_kernel" issue, 2696 is available now, you can download from the same thread link I shared the installer package for 2695, and then apply the 2696 update over that. Who knows... In a few hours 2696 may not even be the newest build. Lol.

Warlikewings - I am desperate for some help on what I need to do to get Yosemite up and running.  I have followed all the turorials and read all the posts.  My biggest issue seems to be my monitor going to sleep just when the flash drive starts flashing ready to install Yosemite.  I do have it installed due to some fluke, but now cannot load into my Yosemite drive.  I have the HD4600 and am connecting via HDMI.  I have a perfectly functional mavericks install and am trying to install Yosemite in a second drive. Would appreciate some help from someone.  Thanks