Boot Guide

Scellow

132 posts in this topic

Download the 2693 update files for clover and manually update it. I'm guessing it's looking for mach_kernel in the wrong place (because the location has changed since mavericks)

I can't see your specs (while I'm on tapatalk) but I'm assuming you have a haswell processor?

And how do we update to 2693 since it seems unavailable on the web? Hope that fixes the mach_kernel issue!

Info and files for 2693 were posted by Slice in this thread, you may have to look back a few pages.

OS X Yosemite DP's builds! http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/298402-OS-X-Yosemite-DP%27s-builds%21

As for locked msr's it solved it for me, but I'm having other difficulties.

Saw the info and files, just a noob trying to learn how to update clover from those files to 2693. I'll keep digging :)

Just copy and paste the files into EFI/Clover/ (drivers folder)

And EFI/Clover (root)

Oh ok! Thanks! I don't know why my mind was telling me it had to be more complex than that  :huh:

Edit: Still getting the "can't find mach_kernel" but it was worth a shot!

I don't have the installer open now, but are you able to open the Log Viewer? That would be an easy way to see what is going on.

I rebuilt my USB and actually got through the install successfully, now I just can't boot. Instant reboot when I should be hitting GUI. Any suggestions?

post-788132-14019171598106_thumb.jpg

make sure your fakesmc is installed to S/L/E and is loading (force load it in single user mode if necessary)

Rebuilding my installer usb did the trick for me too, successfully completed the install, haven't tried booting it yet though, had to run an errand. Will report back later if anything comes to mind that can help.

What could be the problem if I don't get beyond that??? System complete hangs up...

I have the same issue, instead of hanging, I only got instant reboot.

My specs: i7 Haswell, 32G, GTX 880m, two raid 0 arrays. But I'm trying to install it on a sata ssd.

I have problem on this step.How to fix this bug?

Thanks!!!!

14l7dsm.jpg

If you're at the single user prompt, hit enter. You'll be taken to the next line.

I have the same issue, instead of hanging, I only got instant reboot.

My specs: i7 Haswell, 32G, GTX 880m, two raid 0 arrays. But I'm trying to install it on a sata ssd.

Thought I read somewhere about a Haswell/Clover conflict? I'm new to Clover, but I think I saw something about Haswell processors. Might be worth looking into.

I can only assume your keyboard isn't working lol cuz mine does the exact same thing, it's just log messaged rolling over into the bash command line, but as soon as I hit enter, I get a new bash prompt. Try a different keyboard? I have no idea.

I know my keyboard won't work in a USB 3.0 port with clover....?

I can only assume your keyboard isn't working lol cuz mine does the exact same thing, it's just log messaged rolling over into the bash command line, but as soon as I hit enter, I get a new bash prompt. Try a different keyboard? I have no idea.

I know my keyboard won't work in a USB 3.0 port with clover....?

Yeah, I think it's the keyboard too, because none of the keys worked. Usually at least caps lock should work.

Thanks ADHDMedia, you are being helpful.

Do you have to click your way through clover? Keystrokes should work there too. And ya, if your caps lock light doesn't light, I bet u the keyboard just isn't working man.

That's what confused me, because my keyboard worked perfectly in the Clover menu, maybe I should try the usb3 driver.

remove all graphics kexts from USBInstaller with the Terminal  like 

cd /Volumes/your usb

mkdir /kext_backup

cd /Volumes/your usb/System/Library/Extensions

mv AMDRadeon* ATI* GeForce* NVDA*AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntel*/kext_backup

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/your usb/System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/your usb/System/Library/Extensions

sudo touch /Volumes/your usb/System/Library/Extensions

exit

Yes on USB 3.0 port.I try today again.And write here what have I done.

Does that mean it worked for ya? Lol

remove all graphics kexts from USBInstaller with the Terminal like

cd /Volumes/your usb

mkdir /kext_backup

cd /Volumes/your usb/System/Library/Extensions

mv AMDRadeon* ATI* GeForce* NVDA*AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntel*/kext_backup

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/your usb/System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/your usb/System/Library/Extensions

sudo touch /Volumes/your usb/System/Library/Extensions

exit

I think their keyboards are just not working bro.