Boot Guide

Scellow

132 posts in this topic

Okay Craig, I'll give it a shot... I'm using the tapatalk app, so forgive me for asking, but can you please post your specs (pm if you prefer, just to keep the thread neater) I'll help you if I can on this thread, not in a PM so that others may be able to contribute and/or learn from the logs.

Once I type in commands and press exit I see my flash drive still flashing and the screen is completely black.  I guess the monitor is going to sleep and there is a video boot flag needed.  I left the machine like this for 1 Hr and then when I woke it I got to the installer.  

I guess now I have to figure out the best way to get the system booting with my Yosemite drive.  Do I install clover on this drive or try and boot from clover on my flash drive.  what boot commands do I try if any. Do I put FakeSMC.kext in the Yosemite/System/Library/Extensions?  Thanks

Greetings InsanelyMac users!

I have succeeded booting Yosemite on my PC, but I forgot to apply the MBR patch. Now, after clicking install, I get a message saying "A GUID Partition Table partitioning scheme is required". I would patch the install, but I have erased my existing OS X install. I do have a MBR partition table. Now I can only access Windows. Is there any way I can get past that?

Thanks a lot!

Andrei.

I have the same problem if you solved it plz inform me...

Once I type in commands and press exit I see my flash drive still flashing and the screen is completely black. I guess the monitor is going to sleep and there is a video boot flag needed. I left the machine like this for 1 Hr and then when I woke it I got to the installer.

I guess now I have to figure out the best way to get the system booting with my Yosemite drive. Do I install clover on this drive or try and boot from clover on my flash drive. what boot commands do I try if any. Do I put FakeSMC.kext in the Yosemite/System/Library/Extensions? Thanks

Are you currently running OS X Mavericks on your system? If so, I honestly hope you aren't planning on using Yosemite to replace it, believe me, DP1 is not ready for prime time. Lol.

If you already are using a different OS X then yes, I would install clover on your system. Provided your board supports UEFI (I believe it does) install it "for uefi booting only" and select only the options you feel you will need. You can also google or ask someone with a similar board on a clover thread, which options they would suggest.

make sure you make a solid config.plist using clover configurator. That's gonna matter a bit.

As for the video bootflag, try going into clover setting and going down to the GPU setting part. Select "inject EDID" and "inject intel" hopefully that should be enough to prevent your screen from "sleeping"

Thanks for the helpful info!  I am definitely not going to install over Mavericks and am doing it on a second hard drive. I also have another machine that I could install Yosemite on.  Do I have to put the FakeSMC.kext inside my Library/Extensions/Kexts.  I will try your suggestions and let you know how I go. 

Hey guys, i just installed Yosemite and enabled networking.

Can you give me a direction on how to enable sound on my Z87X-UD3H  (ALC 898) ?

Thanks !

For the ALC898 I just installed the kext from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], actually. Worked fine.

For the ALC898 I just installed the kext from #####, actually. Worked fine.

I have two, the Patched AppleHDA and one enabler as a don't use any dsdt for this mobo.

No repair permision and rebuild cache.Only install kext via kext wizard.

Why wouldn't you say Repair/Rebuild? Anytime you do anything to S/L/E (and I would imagine the same applies to an installer stick) you need to repair permissions and rebuild the caches. It just keeps everything working properly. Am I mistaken?

Hi there,

I have a Samsung 540u3c ultrabook and would love to install Yosemite or Mavericks on it.

Does anybody know if it is possible?

Thanks

I would highly recommend you don't attempt Yosemite on this system quite yet, especially if you're not even sure if mavericks is possible on it. Yosemite is in such an early stage that it's definitely not worth doing if you want a stable hack.

I am still struggling to get my system to boot after successfully installing Yosemite.  Here are my questions. 

1.  From the point where my Yosemite install says restart- What are the steps I need to take to get it to boot and set up Yosemite.

2.  Should I install Clover on my Yosemite drive or just leave it on my USB.  What settings are needed.

3.  I put FakeSMC kext in the Yosemite/Extensions via Kext Wizard.

4. Do I repair permissions and rebuild cache on my Yosemite drive.

5.   What commands besides single user command do I need to boot into my Yosemite drive.

Thanks for any help on this issue.  I am have read all the posts and tried everything, but nothing is working. 

I was finally able to boot into Yosemite. I chose single user mode, graphicsEnabler=No, I unselected inject EDID and intel in options. That got me in and now the fun starts trying to get things working.

GraphicsEnabler is a Chameleon-only boot flag.  It's not doing anything for you so you can eliminate it.  

Of course now I cannot boot into my Yosemite Hard drive after I guess fluking it the 1st time. What Boot Flags would be advisable for me to try to get it to work. Thanks

I would check the config.plist for Clover.