[Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh

607 posts in this topic

Install Clover in Legacy mode:
(***try on a blank fat32 USB first***)

1) Install in ESP (only for GPT disks | do not use it on USB | optional | causes pain when configuring clover because of mounting the partition)
2) Select these:
  • Bootloader: Boot0af (or boot0ss if boot0af fails)
  • Clover : Clover64SATA
  • Theme : just choose one to get a skin, optional too
  • Drivers : select all Drivers64 (do not select others)
  • RCscripts (meh not sure)
  • Clover Control Panel

After that you can continue the configuring from STEP3 ONLY http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?do=findComment&comment=2019606 and copy your kexts (if any) from /Extra/Extensions to /<where clover is>/EFI/Clover/kexts/<your os x version like "10.9" or lion "10.7" ...>

Make sure you remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ;)

I attached a script to mount EFI, on Disk0 only, change it to DiskX (look for your X with diskutil) using Script Editor :)

OR

The easier way given here #338 (Credits to @fusion71au)

Mount:Unmount_Disk0_EFI.zip

• Like 4

if you want added to the guide

if using a Fusion Drive with an installation clover legacy mode, you must put the boot files and folders in the clover BOOT OS X partition

I specified that installing in ESP was optional and pain in the ass if so :P;)

I specified that installing in ESP was optional and pain in the ass if so :P;)

I think that one is not well understood
I use google to translate into English and sometimes it does not work well
I mean that if you want to use CLOVER without UEFI + Hard drive FUSION DRIVE  , it is necessary 

to the BOOT FILE files and EFI CLOVER in patitions BOOT OSX

@midi,

Nice simple guide for Clover on Non UEFI machines :).

Just a suggestion to show hidden partitions and make mounting/unmounting the EFI System Partition easier - enable Disk Utility's debug menu:

In terminal type

defaults write com.apple.DiskUtility DUDebugMenuEnabled 1

then restart Disk Utility, selecting "Show every partition" from the Debug menu....

post-846696-0-02302800-1402218000_thumb.

To mount/unmount EFI partition, just right click on it in DU.

Re Fusion drive: I don't have one personally but there is a nice guide from @itdoesnotwork who manually installed legacy Clover into his Fusion Drive's ESP - post #13. It probably deserves a guide of its own due to its complexity so IMHO better to keep separate from the guide to install Clover for Non UEFI systems.

PS if @pokenguyen doesn't link to your guide, remember you have reserved post#30 directly under his UEFI Yosemite Install post :P:thumbsup_anim:.

• Like 2

Hi @midi,

There used to be a good non uefi Clover install guide by @BatCountrY which he deleted for some unknown reason.

I was also thinking of doing one but haven't gotten round to it/too lazy :P.

What is Non UEFI clover guide? You mean to install clover on legacy bios systems? Also called Clover Legacy?

Anyways based on your posts and from my thread, I prepared my own tutorial. Let me if you want me to share it here :D

• Like 1

@avin7000,

Yes, I was referring to Clover installs on legacy BIOS systems.

You can post a dual boot UEFI Windows/OSX install guide for legacy BIOS systems instead ;)....so many people still think they can't install UEFI Windows if they have a machine with legacy BIOS.

• Like 1

@avin7000,

You can post a dual boot UEFI Windows/OSX install guide for legacy BIOS systems instead ;)....so many people still think they can't install UEFI Windows if they have a machine with legacy BIOS.

That is what I thought !

But apparently I was wrong :)

But, I don't know how to do it... And what it does better.

What does it add by installing windows in UEFI mode ?

(because I have a windows on another SSD and it is installed in legacy mode (mbr partitions), and I can launch it with clover at boot (or bypassing the SSD with clover and through the bios launch directly the windows SSD).

@avin7000,

I already made a uefi windows on legacy systems in my guide sorry :3
  • Like 1

@MilesTEG1,

Depending on your BIOS, sometimes Clover doesn't play well with legacy installed Windows eg sometimes Windows won't boot at all or you get BCD errors.

The other advantages are from keeping your hard drive fully GPT - you avoid the 4 partition/2TB limit of the mbr/hybrid mbr partition scheme so....you can have multiple recovery partitions, OSX, Linux and Windows installations in a multiboot arrangement on the same drive.

@midi,

I hadn't realised you wrote a guide for that already :P.

• Like 2

Amazing! Just to add, for the wim part, no need to unpack the whole thing, using 7zip is sufficient! Or going to %windir%\Boot\ and just asking, you added a OS X guide, which may be confusing to those "noobs" you may just point them to follow either the aio guide or their guide ;) other than that it's well prepared and amazingly explained, even if the use of HFSPlus.efi driver is KINDA depricated since I THINK (someone need to check) Clover already gives the hfs driver when installing, and you still need to give more reasons for "Why UEFI/GPT?" (And optionally show what's UEFI and GPT) ;) GOOD WORK :thumbsup_anim:

^thanks! yes, I will fix about 7-zip and you are right. I added OS X installation guide too, so that they can follow only one guide. And also you guys were talking about installing Clover on legacy bios (from here), so I added that too. I will check HFSPlus.

and yes, I need to add more reasons under UEFI/GPT. Please list some and I will add :P

Actually I want to create two tutorials:

1. Which covers both installations of OS X and Windows on UEFI

2. Only installation of OS X on Legacy BIOS systems (i.e. I can remove Windows related parts from #1)

But looks like #2 is not needed and I think it's covered in AIO guides

I recommend you to make a Guide to show how to use Clover Legacy and installing Windows (and linux too) using clover legacy to spoof a uefi/efi firmware :P

making a os x install guide will just gather bees around ya, and as you know, noobs are noobs, they need to flood you with questions, that's why I referred to this guide, so no one will have any question since this guide is so complete :) just make sure to tell them to skip the bootloader part OR to fuse them both :)

• Like 2